Perhaps the remembrance of these things will prove a source of future pleasure. -- Virgil

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Floor fix question

SubjectAuthor
* Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
+- Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
+- Re: Floor fix questionkrw
+- Re: Floor fix questionMichael
+* Re: Floor fix questionLeon
|`- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
+- Re: Floor fix questionLeon
`* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
 +* Re: Floor fix questionScott Lurndal
 |+- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |`- Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
 `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
  `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
   `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
    `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
     `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
      +* Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
      |`* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
      | `- Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
      `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
       `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
        +- Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
        `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
         +* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
         |`- Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
         +* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
         |`* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
         | `- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
         +- Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
         `* Re: Floor fix questionScott Lurndal
          `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
           `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
            `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
             +* Re: Floor fix questionScott Lurndal
             |`- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
             `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
              `* Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
               `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                +- Re: Floor fix questionMarkem618
                `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                 `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                  `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                   `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                    `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                     `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                      `* Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                       `* Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                        +- Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                        +- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
                        +- Re: Floor fix questionDerbyDad03
                        `- Re: Floor fix questionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com

Pages:123
Re: Floor fix question

<45fe5ea7-ea24-40a3-9190-f039978ae557n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8011&group=rec.woodworking#8011

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:27:28 -0700 (PDT)
<62fc16a8-2117-4b38-8f58-0218aa23a9a9n@googlegroups.com> <8fa67d39-322d-4f68-91c4-5d41a0407048n@googlegroups.com>
<u4GVK.92421$chF5.11680@fx08.iad> <8fae8e84-cdb4-4a15-8676-85a47b8f9d5an@googlegroups.com>
<e63bfeb7-f900-44d1-b65f-1c0a0c65d107n@googlegroups.com> <d00885cc-b72f-43df-8550-1c79dd94484cn@googlegroups.com>
<240147d2-e24b-4213-a147-f89054a95901n@googlegroups.com> <oh1iihhs9cam8hn97rllnv5f647t02s9q5@4ax.com>
<a640e81b-b158-43cb-a8d9-1c7a7091e420n@googlegroups.com> <b9df02b6-2ebc-4913-ac7e-04ce64cd182an@googlegroups.com>
<b9c19d1f-64ce-4ddd-b39e-29cd83cbeb03n@googlegroups.com> <b0581cbe-0132-4995-a32c-4548353acfb7n@googlegroups.com>
<2d3bb996-b3cb-4d51-9de6-24b0572c46c5n@googlegroups.com> <c15d8a80-7cac-4e8b-ac5a-a37c3e9cf4d2n@googlegroups.com>
<298f7665-b204-4ba4-99b2-5920da486436n@googlegroups.com> <cd8f3d90-a656-4ab4-a72c-fa13f93aa4e4n@googlegroups.com>
<763b7896-d8ef-494d-919f-7b19644e9c60n@googlegroups.com> <88f03497-0023-472a-b8bb-f870983ef20fn@googlegroups.com>
<711db8f3-40b1-479f-a6e7-b486abd1d356n@googlegroups.com> <aeeeeef1-8393-4d4f-a45f-96c817b33da7n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Floor fix question
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 00:27 UTC

On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 4:00:31 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> [...]
> > > Ok, it just looked like the exposed pipe to left of the
> > > work you just did went right up to where sink pipes
> > > come up out of the floor. My error.
> > >
> > > Good luck with the rest of the job.
> > I think those pipes are for the washing machine. The two bathrooms and washing machine are arranged all touching each other. To share drain pipes and water of course. The washing machine and half bath (I worked on) are along the outside of the house. Washing machine is east. Half bath is west. The full bath is inside of both of those rooms to the north. Its a big square. But inside of the other two rooms. It does not touch the outside wall.
> >
> > I will get back over to the house sometime soon and reassess everything.. Figure out if it is possible to put the water pipes in the wall or not. But right now I think I only know where the hot and cold water pipes for the shower and washing machine are located. Bathroom pipes are hidden up in the joists, covered by plywood. But I can get to both toilet water pipes. They are in already cutout exposed areas. And I will use the Sharkbite connectors to fix one of the toilet water pipes. My Ridgid compact pipe cutter, a straight coupler, 12" of copper pipe, an elbow coupler, 12" of copper pipe, and a shutoff valve on top.
> >
> > Funny thing. I did use Sharkbite connectors about 15 years ago. I installed a toilet and sink in my basement of the prior house. All pipes were easily seen and exposed in the joists. I put a Sharkbite T into the hot and cold master shower pipes and ran the water over to the wall. I used CPVC for my new water lines. Old pipe in house was copper. The Sharkbites I used were the yellow/white CPVC color, and plastic of course. They were not the brass pretty solid ones shown in the link you posted. The Sharkbites then saved me from having to solder copper pipes. I was happy about that. Gluing CPVC is so much easier. The Sharkbites I installed 15 years ago never ever gave me any problems. So I know they do work. But I had just forgotten they were an option to fix my current plumbing problems.
> >
> > https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/push-to-connect-fittings/watts-reg-aqualock-trade-push-to-connect-lead-free-brass-coupling/0472000/p-1444446192233-c-12709.htm?tid=-1209553812764759867&ipos=1
> >
> > https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/push-to-connect-fittings/watts-reg-aqualock-trade-push-to-connect-lead-free-brass-elbow/0472016/p-1444446179359-c-12709.htm?tid=-1209553812764759867&ipos=5
> >
> > Above are what I will use to fix my toilet water supply line. And 1/2" copper pipe I already own. And a shutoff valve I already bought.
> re: "The Sharkbites I used were the yellow/white CPVC color, and plastic of course."
>
> You may have used push-to-connect fittings, but I don't think that you used SharkBites.
>
> I'm anal that way and I don't apologize.

Click here to read the complete article