Our problems are so serious that the best way to talk about them is lightheartedly.

interests / alt.home.repair / Poor customer service

SubjectAuthor
* Poor customer serviceEd P
+* Re: Poor customer servicehubops

Pages:123
Poor customer service

<6602057e$0$876046$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56417&group=alt.home.repair#56417

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Subject: Poor customer service
 by: Ed P - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:15 UTC

I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
the call with "how are you?"

The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.

Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
they curse me out.

Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.

Re: Poor customer service

<i3240jtq7vgnpiqei18a5jcalab0l21jev@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56418&group=alt.home.repair#56418

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Poor customer service
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:49:21 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:49 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>the call with "how are you?"
>
>The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>
>Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>they curse me out.
>
>Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.

In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
... again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
" not interested bye " So easy.
I avoid " having them on " because they may
then submit my phone number to all their friends.
John T.

Re: Poor customer service

<o3pMN.289961$ps1.135719@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56420&group=alt.home.repair#56420

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 20:56:50 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 00:56 UTC

hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote on 3/25/2024 7:49 PM:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>> the call with "how are you?"
>>
>> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>> I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>> my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>> get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>
>> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>> could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>> they curse me out.
>>
>> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>
> In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
> Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
> to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
> My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
> .. again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
> The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
> " not interested bye " So easy.
> I avoid " having them on " because they may
> then submit my phone number to all their friends.
> John T.

I use cellphones. I told my service provider to disable voicemail
(although voicemail is included with no extra charge). I don't answer
the first time any phone call with a phone number not stored in my
contact list. I found that spam/robocalls won't retry a second time if
the first call wasn't answered, but a real person who really wanted to
talk to me would ring again later.

Another way I handle spam/robocall is that if I answer a suspicious
call, I wouldn't say anything and let the other side initiate the
conversation. I found that a spam/robocall would hang up after a few
seconds if I don't say anything, but if I say "Hello", then after a
couple of seconds I would be transferred to a spammer, scammer or a
recorded message.

Re: Poor customer service

<6602218f$0$876044$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56421&group=alt.home.repair#56421

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 21:14:55 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 01:14 UTC

On 3/25/2024 7:49 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>> the call with "how are you?"
>>
>> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>> I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>> my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>> get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>
>> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>> could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>> they curse me out.
>>
>> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>

> In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
> Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
> to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
> My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
> .. again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
> The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
> " not interested bye " So easy.
> I avoid " having them on " because they may
> then submit my phone number to all their friends.
> John T.

Many say Spam Call and I ignore those. If I'm talking to them, they are
not scamming some old lady at the moment.

I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery. They
say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been paid, we
have attorneys that can help.

I tell them about my accident. I was parked in the lot at WalMart and
the spot across from me was empty. A car pulled in, did not stop in
time and hit me. That is how I got injured. My girlfriend was giving
me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.

Re: Poor customer service

<66022e11$0$6411$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56422&group=alt.home.repair#56422

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 21:08:18 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 02:08 UTC

On 3/25/2024 8:14 PM, Ed P wrote:
> On 3/25/2024 7:49 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>>> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc.  Most every one starts
>>> the call with "how are you?"
>>>
>>> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>>> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>>> I always try to give an honest answer to the question.  I tell them how
>>> my hemorrhoid is sore today.  Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>>> get when you wipe.   They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>>
>>> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt.  I
>>> could really us help there so they ask for details.  I explain "I owe
>>> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>>> they curse me out.
>>>
>>> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>>

>> In recent years ,  we look at the cordless phone's
>>   Call Display  to see the caller ID  -  it's so so easy
>> to let it go to voicemail  -  if it's a weird number.
>> My    phone-scam-calls   are almost all   robo calls -
>> ..  again -  easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
>>   The   quite-rare   human   caller  just gets a polite
>>    "  not interested    bye "     So easy.
>>     I avoid   " having them on "   because they may
>> then  submit my phone number to all their friends.
>>     John T.
>

> Many say Spam Call and I ignore those.  If I'm talking to them, they are
> not scamming some old lady at the moment.
>
> I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery. They
> say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been paid, we
> have attorneys that can help.
>
> I tell them about my accident.  I was parked in the lot at WalMart and
> the spot across from me was empty.  A car pulled in, did not stop in
> time and hit me.  That is how I got injured.  My girlfriend was giving
> me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.

Dammit Ed , I may not agree with you on some thing s but you sure can
be one funny SOB !
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but

Re: Poor customer service

<mid40j1db6teq183qemlb8h8l1ar4g90j9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56423&group=alt.home.repair#56423

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 22:44:43 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 02:44 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:49:21 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>>I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>>final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>>the call with "how are you?"
>>
>>The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>>A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>>I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>>my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>>get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>
>>Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>>could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>>your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>>they curse me out.
>>
>>Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>

>In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
> Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
>to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
>My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
>.. again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
> The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
> " not interested bye " So easy.
> I avoid " having them on " because they may
>then submit my phone number to all their friends.
> John T.

I ask all the american health care scammers if they know 519 is
anCANADION area code and we don't have to buy our insurance from
scammers like them

Re: Poor customer service

<66023e82$0$876038$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56424&group=alt.home.repair#56424

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:18:26 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 03:18 UTC

On 3/25/2024 10:08 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 3/25/2024 8:14 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> In recent years ,  we look at the cordless phone's
>>>   Call Display  to see the caller ID  -  it's so so easy
>>> to let it go to voicemail  -  if it's a weird number.
>>> My    phone-scam-calls   are almost all   robo calls -
>>> ..  again -  easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
>>>   The   quite-rare   human   caller  just gets a polite
>>>    "  not interested    bye "     So easy.
>>>     I avoid   " having them on "   because they may
>>> then  submit my phone number to all their friends.
>>>     John T.
>>

>> Many say Spam Call and I ignore those.  If I'm talking to them, they
>> are not scamming some old lady at the moment.
>>
>> I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery. They
>> say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been paid, we
>> have attorneys that can help.
>>
>> I tell them about my accident.  I was parked in the lot at WalMart and
>> the spot across from me was empty.  A car pulled in, did not stop in
>> time and hit me.  That is how I got injured.  My girlfriend was giving
>> me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.
>
>   Dammit Ed , I may not agree with you on some thing s but you sure can
> be one funny SOB !

Some days I have too much time. There are a few that hang up as soon as
we connect. I guess I am on their "do not call" list.

Oh, I also get calls for the guy that had my number previously, so a
good 6 years ago. One was Tropic Air, a legitimate business in the
area, that services HVAC. I corrected them and they promised to fix it.
Well, they did since on the 3rd call I just made an appointment and
they showed up at his house.

Re: Poor customer service

<utub5h$1p731$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56425&group=alt.home.repair#56425

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 07:22:24 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:22 UTC

On 3/25/2024 10:08 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 3/25/2024 8:14 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> In recent years ,  we look at the cordless phone's
>>>   Call Display  to see the caller ID  -  it's so so easy
>>> to let it go to voicemail  -  if it's a weird number.
>>> My    phone-scam-calls   are almost all   robo calls -
>>> ..  again -  easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
>>>   The   quite-rare   human   caller  just gets a polite
>>>    "  not interested    bye "     So easy.
>>>     I avoid   " having them on "   because they may
>>> then  submit my phone number to all their friends.
>>>     John T.
>>

>> Many say Spam Call and I ignore those.  If I'm talking to them, they
>> are not scamming some old lady at the moment.
>>
>> I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery. They
>> say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been paid, we
>> have attorneys that can help.
>>
>> I tell them about my accident.  I was parked in the lot at WalMart and
>> the spot across from me was empty.  A car pulled in, did not stop in
>> time and hit me.  That is how I got injured.  My girlfriend was giving
>> me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.
>
>   Dammit Ed , I may not agree with you on some thing s but you sure can
> be one funny SOB !

I have a few favorites:

Cussing out one woman she said, I do not like your profanity. I said,
If you do not like my profanity don't fucking call me.

The guy at Publishers Central Bureau that told me I won three million
dollars was hard to understand. After telling him this a couple of
times, I asked him if there was a white person I could talk to. He went
berserk.

Then there was the granddad call. I told the kid that I had no black
grandsons.

My wife said I could be arrested for saying these things and I told her
if I was, I would be a national hero.

Re: Poor customer service

<utubi9$1p731$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56426&group=alt.home.repair#56426

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 07:29:12 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:29 UTC

On 3/26/2024 7:22 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 3/25/2024 10:08 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> Many say Spam Call and I ignore those.  If I'm talking to them, they
>>> are not scamming some old lady at the moment.
>>>
>>> I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery.
>>> They say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been
>>> paid, we have attorneys that can help.
>>>
>>> I tell them about my accident.  I was parked in the lot at WalMart
>>> and the spot across from me was empty.  A car pulled in, did not stop
>>> in time and hit me.  That is how I got injured.  My girlfriend was
>>> giving me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.
>>
>>    Dammit Ed , I may not agree with you on some thing s but you sure
>> can be one funny SOB !
>
> I have a few favorites:
>
> Cussing out one woman she said, I do not like your profanity.  I said,
> If you do not like my profanity don't fucking call me.
>
> The guy at Publishers Central Bureau that told me I won three million
> dollars was hard to understand.  After telling him this a couple of
> times, I asked him if there was a white person I could talk to.  He went
> berserk.
>
> Then there was the granddad call.  I told the kid that I had no black
> grandsons.
>
> My wife said I could be arrested for saying these things and I told her
> if I was, I would be a national hero.

Then there are the emails:

On 3/26/2024 12:08 AM, md.vakar51821236@gmail.com wrote:

> My name is Susanna.👋🌹I'd be happier if I was with a local dude . I
dislike long distance relationships and that's why I'm inviting you to
join me .💋 💓You can sign up here.👈 .
> https://bit.ly/48ERnRQ

Sorry I am an old man. You'll have to go fuck yourself.

Re: Poor customer service

<9hm50j9vk1t4ihk64r337cgj9jft852ku7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56427&group=alt.home.repair#56427

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 10:36:50 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 14:36 UTC

>Then there was the granddad call. I told the kid that I had no black
>grandsons.

Last year I had one of the "grandparent scam" calls and I actually
played-along for quite a while - acting like an elderly and
slightly hard-of-hearing old fart. I was quite impressed with the
acting ability of the caller - he spoke _exactly_ like a young
man from rural or small town southwestern Ontario.
At some point he got spooked <?> and disconnected the call -
I was expecting a call-back from him or the "police officer"
who was in charge but it never came.
The one slight glitch in his story-line - when I asked what
town's jail he was being held in - he took a minute and seemed to
consult an accomplice before arriving at a reasonable nearby city.
When I first picked up the phone and was greeted with a voice
saying ~ " How are you doing Grandpa ? " I quickly replied
" Is that you, Danny ? " giving him a good fake starting point
to work with ..
John T.

Re: Poor customer service

<utuo3g$1si8j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56428&group=alt.home.repair#56428

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:03:10 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:03 UTC

On 3/25/2024 7:49 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>> the call with "how are you?"
>>
>> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>> I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>> my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>> get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>
>> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>> could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>> they curse me out.
>>
>> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>

> In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
> Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
> to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
> My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
> .. again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
> The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
> " not interested bye " So easy.
> I avoid " having them on " because they may
> then submit my phone number to all their friends.
> John T.

We do almost the same thing. We don't give out our cell phone numbers
except to close relatives and financial institutions that use 2 part
authentication. Our cell phones are usually turned off and our
relatives know to use our land line number first. We have NOMOROBO
(free for land lines) configured for our land line. Our wireless phones
have a setting that we use that automatically mutes the first ring of
every incoming call. If NOMOROBO blocks a call, we aren't even bothered
by the first ring before the block is implemented. If our phone rings,
we have the calls we know we want to pick up asap (relatives, doctors'
offices, our Condo's front desk, etc.) coded for a different ring tone
than all other calls. If the call is on the special ring tone, we don't
even look at the caller ID screen before picking up. For all other
calls, if convenient we look at the caller ID. If we recognize the
caller we'll pick up. Unrecognized callers go to voice mail, which we
screen after the caller hangs up. Comparing our telcom's phone log for
our incoming calls to the number of times/day our phone rings, I'd guess
that we get 5-20 blocked spam calls/day thanks to NOMOROBO. Of the
unrecognized calls that ring through, maybe 2-3% leave a voice mail.
All in all, we save lots of time and bother every day.

Re: Poor customer service

<utuqqa$1t5tk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56429&group=alt.home.repair#56429

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:49:29 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:49 UTC

On 3/26/2024 10:36 AM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>> Then there was the granddad call. I told the kid that I had no black
>> grandsons.
>>

> Last year I had one of the "grandparent scam" calls and I actually
> played-along for quite a while - acting like an elderly and
> slightly hard-of-hearing old fart. I was quite impressed with the
> acting ability of the caller - he spoke _exactly_ like a young
> man from rural or small town southwestern Ontario.
> At some point he got spooked <?> and disconnected the call -
> I was expecting a call-back from him or the "police officer"
> who was in charge but it never came.
> The one slight glitch in his story-line - when I asked what
> town's jail he was being held in - he took a minute and seemed to
> consult an accomplice before arriving at a reasonable nearby city.
> When I first picked up the phone and was greeted with a voice
> saying ~ " How are you doing Grandpa ? " I quickly replied
> " Is that you, Danny ? " giving him a good fake starting point
> to work with ..
> John T.

I thought about doing that as I have had the call a few times. A while
back I strung a guy along like you did then clarified my voice and told
him what I was doing wasting his time. He told me that I was old and
did not have a lot of time left to waste. I agree. So now it is
usually a GFY you and hang up.

Re: Poor customer service

<yCEMN.726638$p%Mb.228891@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56430&group=alt.home.repair#56430

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:38:22 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 18:38 UTC

[snip]

> Comparing our telcom's phone log for
> our incoming calls to the number of times/day our phone rings, I'd guess
> that we get 5-20 blocked spam calls/day thanks to NOMOROBO. Of the
> unrecognized calls that ring through, maybe 2-3% leave a voice mail.
> All in all, we save lots of time and bother every day.

When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
so you can tell who called?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in
the roller of an electric typewriter?" [Woody Allen]

Re: Poor customer service

<y7adnYLxioHog577nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56431&group=alt.home.repair#56431

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:13:57 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: reti...@home.usa (retired1)
 by: retired1 - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:13 UTC

On 3/26/24 2:38 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> Comparing our telcom's phone log for
>> our incoming calls to the number of times/day our phone rings, I'd guess
>> that we get 5-20 blocked spam calls/day thanks to NOMOROBO.  Of the
>> unrecognized calls that ring through, maybe 2-3% leave a voice mail.
>> All in all, we save lots of time and bother every day.
>
> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
> so you can tell who called?

My home pone is a VOIP line from Xfinity, and is linked to NOMOROBO. My
attached cordless phone does not show Caller ID if call trapped by
NOMOROBO, however oddly, if I have the TV on, a "crawl" appears at top
right of screen with Caller ID info, momentarily.

Re: Poor customer service

<utvqj9$2el66$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56444&group=alt.home.repair#56444

From: Fishrrma...@yahoo.com (Fishrrman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:51:53 -0400
 by: Fishrrman - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:51 UTC

On 3/25/24 7:15 PM, Ed P wrote:
> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare
> benefits, final expense insurance, home improvements, etc.
> Most every one starts the call with "how are you?"

I don't use a cell phone.

Just "landline" (actually VOIP).

I also use NoMoRobo.
It catches most of the spam calls.
Actually, I've been getting very few of them lately.

Phone can go 2, 3, 4 days without ringing. Sometimes even
longer.
That's fine with me. I don't want to talk to you.

Re: Poor customer service

<op.2k9xoybmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56446&group=alt.home.repair#56446

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:06:24 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 04:06 UTC

Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote

> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
> the call with "how are you?"

I normally answer "well I was doing fine until you called me"

> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.

They always listen when I say that.

> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
> I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
> my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
> get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.

> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
> could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
> they curse me out.

> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.

Hardly surprising given that they use the dregs of the world to cold call.

Re: Poor customer service

<op.2k9xxyqzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56447&group=alt.home.repair#56447

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:11:48 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 04:11 UTC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 14:18:26 +1100, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> On 3/25/2024 10:08 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> Many say Spam Call and I ignore those. If I'm talking to them, they
>>> are not scamming some old lady at the moment.
>>>
>>> I've also gotten quite a few calls for Accidental Claim Recovery. They
>>> say:We understand you'd been in an accident and have not been paid, we
>>> have attorneys that can help.
>>>
>>> I tell them about my accident. I was parked in the lot at WalMart and
>>> the spot across from me was empty. A car pulled in, did not stop in
>>> time and hit me. That is how I got injured. My girlfriend was giving
>>> me a BJ and it scared her and she bit my dick.
>> Dammit Ed , I may not agree with you on some thing s but you sure
>> can be one funny SOB !
>
> Some days I have too much time. There are a few that hang up as soon as
> we connect. I guess I am on their "do not call" list.

Much more likely that its a robot dialer and that once you
answer there is no free monkey available to talk to you.

> Oh, I also get calls for the guy that had my number previously, so a
> good 6 years ago. One was Tropic Air, a legitimate business in the
> area, that services HVAC. I corrected them and they promised to fix it.
> Well, they did since on the 3rd call I just made an appointment and
> they showed up at his house.

Re: Poor customer service

<uu19fq$2spps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56457&group=alt.home.repair#56457

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:12:06 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:12 UTC

On 3/26/2024 2:38 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> Comparing our telcom's phone log for
>> our incoming calls to the number of times/day our phone rings, I'd guess
>> that we get 5-20 blocked spam calls/day thanks to NOMOROBO. Of the
>> unrecognized calls that ring through, maybe 2-3% leave a voice mail.
>> All in all, we save lots of time and bother every day.
>
> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
> so you can tell who called?

See:
https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205761985-Can-I-see-a-history-of-blocked-robocalls

and

https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205761825-What-happens-when-a-call-is-blocked-on-a-landline

Their home page: https://www.nomorobo.com/ has links that explain how
their system works. They claim that only 1/1,000 calls they block are
blocked in error. I've been using the system for more than 6 years and
only once had a valid caller tell me that they were initially blocked
but then were able to connect through. The system is designed to block
robo calls as well as manually dialed calls where NOMOROBO users
reported the caller's number as being a spam call.

Re: Poor customer service

<uu1a06$2spps$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56458&group=alt.home.repair#56458

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:20:52 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:20 UTC

On 3/26/2024 3:13 PM, retired1 wrote:
> On 3/26/24 2:38 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Comparing our telcom's phone log for
>>> our incoming calls to the number of times/day our phone rings, I'd guess
>>> that we get 5-20 blocked spam calls/day thanks to NOMOROBO.  Of the
>>> unrecognized calls that ring through, maybe 2-3% leave a voice mail.
>>> All in all, we save lots of time and bother every day.
>>
>> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
>> so you can tell who called?
>>
> My home pone is a VOIP line from Xfinity, and is linked to NOMOROBO. My
> attached cordless phone does not show Caller ID if call trapped by
> NOMOROBO, however oddly, if I have the TV on, a "crawl" appears at top
> right of screen with Caller ID info, momentarily.

That TV crawler is from your xfinity TV service, which keeps a complete
log of your phone number's incoming and outgoing calls. You can see
your log by signing in to your account on their web site. Takes a
little navigation but it's there. Generally, incoming calls with a
duration of 0 or of about 6 seconds are blocked calls.

Re: Poor customer service

<uu1v1s$32236$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56474&group=alt.home.repair#56474

From: Fishrrma...@yahoo.com (Fishrrman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:20:11 -0400
 by: Fishrrman - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 20:20 UTC

On 3/27/24 10:20 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
> so you can tell who called?

NoMoRobo is set to "work" between the first and second ring.

Caller ID info doesn't "come in" until about that same time
-- i.e. either at the second ring or just before it.

Thus... if NoMoRobo is quick enough, it may be able to "cut
the call" before caller ID comes in.

I've seen this on my own phones. Example:
- phone rings (1st ring)
- caller ID shows only "incoming call" (no caller ID yet)
- NoMoRobo cuts off the call
- no caller ID seen, only "incoming call".
NoMoRobo "cut it off" before the caller ID arrived.

Re: Poor customer service

<Yq0NN.409605$7uxe.142851@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56479&group=alt.home.repair#56479

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:44:23 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:44 UTC

Fishrrman wrote on 3/27/2024 4:20 PM:
> On 3/27/24 10:20 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
>> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
>> so you can tell who called?
>
> NoMoRobo is set to "work" between the first and second ring.
>
> Caller ID info doesn't "come in" until about that same time -- i.e.
> either at the second ring or just before it.
>
> Thus... if NoMoRobo is quick enough, it may be able to "cut the call"
> before caller ID comes in.
>
> I've seen this on my own phones. Example:
> - phone rings (1st ring)
> - caller ID shows only "incoming call" (no caller ID yet)
> - NoMoRobo cuts off the call
> - no caller ID seen, only "incoming call".
> NoMoRobo "cut it off" before the caller ID arrived.

The phone line has to go through the device before going to the phone.
The device can simply cut out the first ring for all calls. Problem solved.

Re: Poor customer service

<uu2d6d$35bcj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56485&group=alt.home.repair#56485

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:21:33 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 00:21 UTC

On 3/25/2024 7:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:49:21 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:15:10 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits,
>>> final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts
>>> the call with "how are you?"
>>>
>>> The problem is, they ask how I am, but they don't listen when I answer.
>>> A well trained and courteous customer service person would listen.
>>> I always try to give an honest answer to the question. I tell them how
>>> my hemorrhoid is sore today. Yes, I detail how it burns, how sore it
>>> get when you wipe. They either ignore me or some even hang up.
>>>
>>> Recently, I got a few calls that would help me with unsecured debt. I
>>> could really us help there so they ask for details. I explain "I owe
>>> your mother 20 bucks for a BJ she gave me" and they hag up, sometimes
>>> they curse me out.
>>>
>>> Customer service sure has deteriorated in recent years.
>>>

>> In recent years , we look at the cordless phone's
>> Call Display to see the caller ID - it's so so easy
>> to let it go to voicemail - if it's a weird number.
>> My phone-scam-calls are almost all robo calls -
>> .. again - easy to hang-up-on - it's a robo after all !
>> The quite-rare human caller just gets a polite
>> " not interested bye " So easy.
>> I avoid " having them on " because they may
>> then submit my phone number to all their friends.
>> John T.
>>

> I ask all the american health care scammers if they know 519 is
> anCANADION area code and we don't have to buy our insurance from
> scammers like them

You GD cheaters!

Re: Poor customer service

<eUhNN.586242$Ama9.578888@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56510&group=alt.home.repair#56510

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not.em...@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 12:36:09 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 17:36 UTC

On 3/27/24 15:20, Fishrrman wrote:
> On 3/27/24 10:20 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
>> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
>> so you can tell who called?
>
> NoMoRobo is set to "work" between the first and second ring.
>
> Caller ID info doesn't "come in" until about that same time -- i.e.
> either at the second ring or just before it.
>
> Thus... if NoMoRobo is quick enough, it may be able to "cut the call"
> before caller ID comes in.
>
> I've seen this on my own phones. Example:
> - phone rings (1st ring)
> - caller ID shows only "incoming call" (no caller ID yet)
> - NoMoRobo cuts off the call
> - no caller ID seen, only "incoming call".
> NoMoRobo "cut it off" before the caller ID arrived.

I would like to know who called. It may actually be legitimate.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"No, no, no -- you don't argue with concepts. You have to claim Dogma,
and therefore leave no room for rational thought." [Kevin J. Anderson,
_Flashback_]

Re: Poor customer service

<uu6msd$c11g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56556&group=alt.home.repair#56556

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 11:31:23 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:31 UTC

On 3/28/2024 1:36 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 3/27/24 15:20, Fishrrman wrote:
>> On 3/27/24 10:20 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
>>> When NOMOROBO blocks a call, do you still have the caller ID information
>>> so you can tell who called?
>>
>> NoMoRobo is set to "work" between the first and second ring.
>>
>> Caller ID info doesn't "come in" until about that same time -- i.e.
>> either at the second ring or just before it.
>>
>> Thus... if NoMoRobo is quick enough, it may be able to "cut the call"
>> before caller ID comes in.
>>
>> I've seen this on my own phones. Example:
>> - phone rings (1st ring)
>> - caller ID shows only "incoming call" (no caller ID yet)
>> - NoMoRobo cuts off the call
>> - no caller ID seen, only "incoming call".
>> NoMoRobo "cut it off" before the caller ID arrived.
>
> I would like to know who called. It may actually be legitimate.

Tell us please how, from merely reading the caller ID and number
calling, both of which can easily be spoofed, you can distinguish a
legitimate phone call from a spoofed spam or robo call? By your logic,
you need to pick up the phone every time you receive an incoming call
that identifies as a legitimate organization, such as the FBI or the
IRS. I'd rather make my decision on whether they leave a message and
the characteristics of the message.

Re: Poor customer service

<6606ec0f$0$3711202$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56559&group=alt.home.repair#56559

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 12:27:59 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:27 UTC

On 3/29/2024 11:31 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
> On 3/28/2024 1:36 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>>
>>> NoMoRobo is set to "work" between the first and second ring.
>>>
>>> Caller ID info doesn't "come in" until about that same time -- i.e.
>>> either at the second ring or just before it.
>>>
>>> Thus... if NoMoRobo is quick enough, it may be able to "cut the call"
>>> before caller ID comes in.
>>>
>>> I've seen this on my own phones. Example:
>>> - phone rings (1st ring)
>>> - caller ID shows only "incoming call" (no caller ID yet)
>>> - NoMoRobo cuts off the call
>>> - no caller ID seen, only "incoming call".
>>> NoMoRobo "cut it off" before the caller ID arrived.
>>
>> I would like to know who called. It may actually be legitimate.
>>

> Tell us please how, from merely reading the caller ID and number
> calling, both of which can easily be spoofed, you can distinguish a
> legitimate phone call from a spoofed spam or robo call? By your logic,
> you need to pick up the phone every time you receive an incoming call
> that identifies as a legitimate organization, such as the FBI or the
> IRS. I'd rather make my decision on whether they leave a message and
> the characteristics of the message.

Define "legitimate" There are about 6 calls I get on my landline that I
want to talk to.

Some may be from a real business that I don't want to talk to anyway.
Some are for the previous user of this number from six years ago. They
can be fun to play with.

About 95% of the numbers showing are fake.