Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32:12 +0000
View all headers
Ukraine: Boris Johnson travels to Kyiv for Zelensky talks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61052643?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:21 PM
The prime minister's visit was a "show of solidarity" with the Ukrainian people, Downing Street says.
--------------------
Inside Chernobyl: We stole Russian fuel to prevent catastrophe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61048256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:48 AM
Staff at the former nuclear plant tell the BBC they were forced to negotiate when Russian forces took over.
--------------------
Imran Khan: Pakistan PM on brink as confidence vote looms
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61047585?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:00 PM
Pakistan's prime minister warns that if he is ousted, he won't recognise an opposition government.
--------------------
Malaysia: Boy, 14, believed dead after diving trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61049323?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:44 PM
His British father and a French woman are rescued by authorities after two-and-a-half day ordeal.
--------------------
France election: Voters prepare to cast ballot in presidential poll
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61051217?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 2:17 PM
Campaigning has ended ahead of the first round of voting which takes place on Sunday.
--------------------
We The Curious in Bristol evacuated due to fire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61051868?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:24 PM
Roads near We The Curious in the centre of Bristol have been closed as fire crews battle the blaze.
--------------------
Rishi Sunak's wife to pay UK tax on overseas income
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 7:30 AM
Akshata Murty has previously not paid UK tax on shares worth £700m in an Indian tech company.
--------------------
'Life without Covid rules is much worse than we thought'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-60846686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:03 PM
Vaccines and treatments have helped many in the UK but Isabel, 11, is among those still at risk.
--------------------
Thousands make it away for Easter break
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61048308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:46 PM
It comes as airlines cancel flights and ferry operators continue to struggle to meet demand.
--------------------
China Covid pandemic: Xi hails response as Shanghai hits record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-61043346?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:20 PM
The Chinese leader's comments come as infections rise and residents complain of food shortages.
--------------------
Nigel Adams: Selby and Ainsty MP to stand down at election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-61051163?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:15 PM
Nigel Adams, who represents Selby and Ainsty, said he wanted to focus on other interests.
--------------------
Ukraine, the UN and history's greatest broken promise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61021862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:47 AM
If the past is anything to go by, the world will struggle to unite for Ukraine - says Fergal Keane.
--------------------
Ukraine: Six weeks of devastation and defiance as world grapples with the crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61027292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 2:29 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war and its significance for the world.
--------------------
Ukraine mother: I saw my daughter killed, then was held captive in basement
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 5:02 AM
Viktoria describes how her daughter and husband were killed in front of her while escaping Russian forces.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The school that helped fleeing musicians find safety
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:01 PM
A group of young musicians from Kharkiv and Odesa have found new homes in Denmark.
--------------------
Ukraine round-up: Six weeks of defiance and Pink Floyd reunite for protest song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61043817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:54 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war, and Pink Floyd air their first new track in decades.
--------------------
'Mariupol is a graveyard': Evacuees recount terror of Russian assault
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61035565?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:29 PM
Survivors from the besieged city say they wondered at times if the rest of Ukraine had fallen.
--------------------
Kramatorsk station attack: What we know so far
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61036740?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 4:00 AM
Some 50 people are said to have been killed in Kramatorsk, Ukraine and Russia are blaming each other.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Sharing space with the dead - horror outside Chernihiv
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61030090?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 7, 2022, 7:18 PM
The BBC visits Yahidne village, where residents packed in a basement lived alongside corpses for days.
--------------------
Video appears to show killing of captive Russian soldier
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61025388?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 7, 2022, 4:07 PM
A video has emerged which purports to show Ukrainian forces shooting a captive Russian soldier.
--------------------
Grand National 2022: Pinstickers' guide to Aintree runners & riders
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/60958490?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 1:42 PM
Runners, riders, trainers and form - all the key details you need to know for Saturday's big race at Aintree.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 2 - 8 April 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61038961?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:03 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken in the past seven days.
--------------------
Ilkley: A tour of the Sunday Times' best place to live winner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61037264?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 6:41 AM
Ilkley in West Yorkshire has been named top town by the Sunday Times - but what makes it so great?
Brian Cox: Succession role makes me swear more
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61014190?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 8:13 AM
The 75-year-old Scottish actor says he seems to be possessed by TV character Logan Roy's bad language.

Click here to read the complete article