From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32:12 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32 UTC

Ukraine: Boris Johnson travels to Kyiv for Zelensky talks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61052643?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:21 PM
The prime minister's visit was a "show of solidarity" with the Ukrainian people, Downing Street says.
--------------------
Inside Chernobyl: We stole Russian fuel to prevent catastrophe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61048256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:48 AM
Staff at the former nuclear plant tell the BBC they were forced to negotiate when Russian forces took over.
--------------------
Imran Khan: Pakistan PM on brink as confidence vote looms
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61047585?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:00 PM
Pakistan's prime minister warns that if he is ousted, he won't recognise an opposition government.
--------------------
Malaysia: Boy, 14, believed dead after diving trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61049323?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:44 PM
His British father and a French woman are rescued by authorities after two-and-a-half day ordeal.
--------------------
France election: Voters prepare to cast ballot in presidential poll
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61051217?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 2:17 PM
Campaigning has ended ahead of the first round of voting which takes place on Sunday.
--------------------
We The Curious in Bristol evacuated due to fire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61051868?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:24 PM
Roads near We The Curious in the centre of Bristol have been closed as fire crews battle the blaze.
--------------------
Rishi Sunak's wife to pay UK tax on overseas income
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 7:30 AM
Akshata Murty has previously not paid UK tax on shares worth £700m in an Indian tech company.
--------------------
'Life without Covid rules is much worse than we thought'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-60846686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:03 PM
Vaccines and treatments have helped many in the UK but Isabel, 11, is among those still at risk.
--------------------
Thousands make it away for Easter break
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61048308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:46 PM
It comes as airlines cancel flights and ferry operators continue to struggle to meet demand.
--------------------
China Covid pandemic: Xi hails response as Shanghai hits record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-61043346?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:20 PM
The Chinese leader's comments come as infections rise and residents complain of food shortages.
--------------------
Nigel Adams: Selby and Ainsty MP to stand down at election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-61051163?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:15 PM
Nigel Adams, who represents Selby and Ainsty, said he wanted to focus on other interests.
--------------------
Ukraine, the UN and history's greatest broken promise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61021862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:47 AM
If the past is anything to go by, the world will struggle to unite for Ukraine - says Fergal Keane.
--------------------
Ukraine: Six weeks of devastation and defiance as world grapples with the crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61027292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 2:29 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war and its significance for the world.
--------------------
Ukraine mother: I saw my daughter killed, then was held captive in basement
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 5:02 AM
Viktoria describes how her daughter and husband were killed in front of her while escaping Russian forces.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The school that helped fleeing musicians find safety
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:01 PM
A group of young musicians from Kharkiv and Odesa have found new homes in Denmark.
--------------------
Ukraine round-up: Six weeks of defiance and Pink Floyd reunite for protest song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61043817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:54 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war, and Pink Floyd air their first new track in decades.
--------------------
'Mariupol is a graveyard': Evacuees recount terror of Russian assault
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61035565?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:29 PM
Survivors from the besieged city say they wondered at times if the rest of Ukraine had fallen.
--------------------
Kramatorsk station attack: What we know so far
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61036740?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 4:00 AM
Some 50 people are said to have been killed in Kramatorsk, Ukraine and Russia are blaming each other.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Sharing space with the dead - horror outside Chernihiv
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61030090?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 7, 2022, 7:18 PM
The BBC visits Yahidne village, where residents packed in a basement lived alongside corpses for days.
--------------------
Video appears to show killing of captive Russian soldier
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61025388?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 7, 2022, 4:07 PM
A video has emerged which purports to show Ukrainian forces shooting a captive Russian soldier.
--------------------
Grand National 2022: Pinstickers' guide to Aintree runners & riders
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/60958490?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 1:42 PM
Runners, riders, trainers and form - all the key details you need to know for Saturday's big race at Aintree.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 2 - 8 April 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61038961?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:03 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken in the past seven days.
--------------------
Ilkley: A tour of the Sunday Times' best place to live winner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61037264?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 6:41 AM
Ilkley in West Yorkshire has been named top town by the Sunday Times - but what makes it so great?
--------------------
Brian Cox: Succession role makes me swear more
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61014190?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 8:13 AM
The 75-year-old Scottish actor says he seems to be possessed by TV character Logan Roy's bad language.
--------------------
Inside London's only pointe shoes factory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61011231?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:04 PM
The craft of making pointe shoes for ballet dancers has recently been put on the heritage craft red list.
--------------------
Homes for Ukraine: Family's 'torturous' wait for a UK visa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61037192?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 3:15 PM
Host Joanne Turner and refugee Iryna fear it may be weeks before her family can come to the UK.
--------------------
Grand National: Ladies Day sees glitz and glamour return to Aintree
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-61039528?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:36 PM
The Grand National meeting's second day sees the return of colourful couture and fabulous fashion.
--------------------
Netflix: Where are the Indians Bridgerton dreamed up really from?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61022232?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:40 PM
The Netflix hit's season two throws in several Indian tropes but fails at being authentic.
--------------------
Kenyan climber joins first all-black team attempting Mount Everest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61035711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:41 PM
Kenya's James Kagambi is the oldest in a group out to inspire black people to take up mountaineering.
--------------------
The Cambodian activists risking their freedom for the environment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60343129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:46 PM
Activists from the Cambodian environmental group Mother Nature are increasingly being targeted.
--------------------
Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 4:37 PM
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
--------------------
Why France's daily baguette is costing so much dough
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61015290?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 9:26 PM
Every part of the cost of the daily staple is rising - flour, electricity, gas and wages.
--------------------
Public toilets: From old loo to tiny Newport theatre
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60920228?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 6:02 AM
Why one art lover spent £70,000 on a public toilet transformation that was far from bog standard.
--------------------
Whatever happened to Rishi Sunak's political honeymoon?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61042105?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 6:31 PM
The chancellor's ratings are slumping, with colleagues questioning his chances of becoming PM.
--------------------
Katty Kay: The most exciting thing about becoming Swiss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61033126?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:21 PM
My new passport means I can vote for the first time in years - it's never been as important as now.
--------------------
Ketanji Brown Jackson 'means the world' to every black girl
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61018765?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 9:51 PM
Black female law students celebrate a historic confirmation to the US Supreme Court.
--------------------
House price squeeze: 'I bid dozens of times but lost'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60921223?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 9:02 PM
Surging home prices have created a spiralling cost of living crisis in the US.
--------------------
Man City v Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp vs Pep Guardiola: A modern Premier League rivalry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61044447?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 6:04 PM
BBC Sport looks back at the Premier League rivalry between Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola as Manchester City and Liverpool face each other in a crucial match this weekend.
--------------------
Everton 1-0 Manchester United: Anthony Gordon strike boosts Toffees' survival hopes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60963791?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 2:00 PM
Everton claim a vital win in their battle to stay in the Premier League as Anthony Gordon's deflected strike beats Manchester United.
--------------------
UK elections 2022: A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60304595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2022, 12:03 AM
Local elections in England, Wales and Scotland, and a general election in Northern Ireland, will happen on 5 May.
--------------------
Election 2022: Is there an election in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60695244?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 4:23 PM
National elections in Northern Ireland and local elections in the rest of the UK happen on 5 May 2022.
--------------------
May 2022 UK elections: How to vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60902072?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 4, 2022, 2:35 AM
Voters are choosing councillors in England, Scotland and Wales, and a government in Northern Ireland.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o BBC News

By: rslight rss feeds on Sat, 9 Apr 2022

0rslight rss feeds