You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. -- John Viscount Morley

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT Key Bridge nonsense.

Re: OT Key Bridge nonsense.

<V1iQN.21228$RQ2.10249@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56856&group=alt.home.repair#56856

Subject: Re: OT Key Bridge nonsense.
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
<7mkPN.28409$Lw2.2183@fx11.ams1> <uukqhn$7clu$2@dont-email.me>
<AxmPN.435290$7uxe.179728@fx09.ams1>
<660dfcde$0$897415$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<BonPN.15778$YP2.9384@fx04.ams1> <uul1fg$civ8$1@dont-email.me>
<pfoPN.79144$au2.15754@fx12.ams1>
<uo5s0jhsn058dmef4rf5mec4bmie42aij2@4ax.com> <ifpPN.8728$jC2.7446@fx06.ams1>
<uuoodo$1bm5d$1@dont-email.me> <uuopde$1bvaq$1@dont-email.me>
<IzXPN.766793$xHn7.258225@fx14.iad> <gM2QN.232729$hN14.86460@fx17.iad>
<e87QN.31433$Lw2.10034@fx11.ams1> <xMdQN.774788$xHn7.63437@fx14.iad>
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 16:13:39 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 20:13 UTC

bud-- wrote on 4/6/2024 12:21 PM:
> On 4/6/2024 1:49 AM, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
>> bud-- wrote on 4/5/2024 11:49 PM:

>>> I may have accidentally deleted a Mighty Wannabe post, because I am
>>> a mouthbreathing idiot!!!
>>>

>> Fear not!!!
>>

>> This is my reply to ED P's post. Apparently a trainee pilot from
>> Baltimore port authority was handling all the maneuvers on the bridge
>> of the container ship, right until the crash:
>
> Still unable to read and understand

You are typical of American school grads. Cannot read, write or do math.

This is my reply to ED P's post. Apparently a trainee pilot from
Baltimore port authority was handling all the maneuvers on the bridge of
the container ship, right until the crash:

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/baltimore/key-bridge-collapse-ship-pilot-LKDWFY237JFR5NCR7KXZIWRDVA/

The following paragraphs are excerpts from your link:

“The pilot ordered a hard left rudder, and dropped the port anchor to
try to keep the ship from moving right,” said Clayton L. Diamond,
executive director and general counsel for The American Pilots’
Association. “The pilot did everything he could to slow the ship.”

The Maryland pilot who guided the ship received years of training to
become a pilot, has a state license which requires knowledge of the
local waters and has more than a decade of experience. An apprentice
pilot was on board observing the pilot, but Diamond said he was new to
the pilot training program, having started on Feb. 1, and was not
involved in any of the decisions during the three minutes before the crash.

From the above two paragraphs (apparently carefully crafted), I can
understand that there was a pilot and a trainee. The second paragraph
above pointed out that the trainee "was not involved in any of the
decisions during the three minutes before the crash". That implies that
the trainee was making the decisions and operating the controls on
his/her own all the time, but was following orders from the pilot during
the three minutes before the crash. Everybody should understand that
when a pilot and a trainee pilot are present on the bridge of the ship,
the trainee pilot would be operating the controls (theoretically under
the supervision of the pilot, but generally that's not the case in real
life. The pilot would be drinking coffee, walking around, and yapping
with other people on the bridge). The trainee operating the controls is
how the trainee gets the experience in operating the controls.

From the first paragraph: "the pilot ordered a hard left rudder,
dropped the port anchor...". Apparently the pilot ordered the trainee to
drop the "port" anchor. From the crash video, the ship jerked to the
right and hit the bridge. If really the "port" anchor was dropped, the
ship would have jerked to the left. Apparently the trainee did not
understand "port" means left, and "starboard" means right, and dropped
the wrong anchor.

The ship's black box should reveal what the hell the trainee had done
and what buttons were pushed. I hope they have surveillance video of the
inside of the ship's bridge to see what the hell the pilot and the
trainee were doing the whole time.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT Key Bridge nonsense.

By: micky on Wed, 3 Apr 2024