What did you bring that book I didn't want to be read to out of about Down Under up for?

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: Olliesophy

SubjectAuthor
* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
+* OlliesophyJudith Latham
|`* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
| `* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|  `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|   `* OlliesophyJudith Latham
|    +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    +* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |+* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    ||`- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |`* OlliesophyJudith Latham
|    | `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  +* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |`* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  | `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |  `* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |   `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |    `* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |     `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |      `* OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |       `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |        `* OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  |         +- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    |  |         `- OlliesophyOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    |  `* OlliesophyJudith Latham
|    |   `- OlliesophyThomas Joseph
|    `- OlliesophyJay Boso de Niro Smilkstein Unit 8200 Troll
`- OlliesophyRas Tafarian

Pages:12
Re: Olliesophy

<10680254-7bae-4346-a74a-785b923f3b81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5315&group=alt.life.sucks#5315

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:44:54 -0800 (PST)
<slsvai$g2k$2@dont-email.me> <c5c83f91-269e-4fa3-85ec-571def1eb7dan@googlegroups.com>
<b81cb05b-07fd-417d-a1de-32945019c9e2n@googlegroups.com> <236172df-4961-44c8-92aa-f57f558ea691n@googlegroups.com>
<sm6mt4$c7c$1@dont-email.me> <0c66c099-bb77-42e5-bc85-16f73e25a5a2n@googlegroups.com>
<smcrf1$36h$1@dont-email.me> <e80714ab-3862-4108-87d9-53a818c02dd2n@googlegroups.com>
<cee19231-8a76-4a15-a556-397e0982c23an@googlegroups.com> <fd291ca0-8b19-4705-87d2-130dc8db6ddan@googlegroups.com>
<0093e3f4-6ae3-4010-990a-66b76c53de82n@googlegroups.com> <7860b547-203b-46aa-b87c-c1d1484098d0n@googlegroups.com>
<d9f13709-d7d1-4efb-a625-eb3dd079bc42n@googlegroups.com> <e01b09e0-19cc-4620-83ee-0053e109532cn@googlegroups.com>
<8688e6c7-1c57-4135-b2d7-78f6164c1fb0n@googlegroups.com> <f8ac83d4-a0db-4a9e-a389-6e26b1a1f47fn@googlegroups.com>
<63fdcd0e-abe8-4a8b-8c01-43bade5b219bn@googlegroups.com> <f69553b6-4daf-4b95-a37f-eb78cec34eafn@googlegroups.com>
<cbc90ae1-4d1d-4f4b-8e6a-b8077b0ad5d7n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Olliesophy
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:44 UTC

> Periodontal disease is the one they got me going with. Constant cleanings.. As long as I can afford it i will go along with it. Got a crown this year.. First one. Missing one molar and the wise guy teeth were yanked decades ago. Dentist are real Medicine men hawking miracle cures for non existent problems.

Every time I go in, except to an oral surgeon for a pulling, I come out worse than I went in. They will fill a tooth, but it feels worse than before. Not brutal pain, just something wrong. I made the mistake of having 3 teeth pulled at the clinic by a dentist who said he could do it because it was a simple procedure. At the time - I learned a lot of shit late - I didn't know there was a difference between an oral surgeon and a dentist. I knew they were surgeons, but I always saw them as someone you go to if you need to have your gums sliced open or something. But oral surgeons are the tooth pullers. The last guy I went to - 20 miles away, but with free transportation service through Medicaid - he pulled that tooth out in less than 20 seconds, easy. The 3 teeth pulled by the dentist at the clinic are still holes to this day. After the pullings he said, "And now we're going to go up and take away a little bone", realizing only later that he had broken the bone because he didn't know how to pull teeth. I have ten spaces between my remaining teeth and they all feel normal except for the 3 pulled by the clinic guy.

Re: Olliesophy

<9206d88c-2e0e-4f20-b408-e1751d6008c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5316&group=alt.life.sucks#5316

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:51:22 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:51 UTC

> Periodontal disease is the one they got me going with. Constant cleanings.. As long as I can afford it i will go along with it. Got a crown this year.. First one. Missing one molar and the wise guy teeth were yanked decades ago. Dentist are real Medicine men hawking miracle cures for non existent problems.

I went overboard with my last response to your post. I swear to God I will not allow that to happen this time.

To the point. The Medicaid clinic I go scheduled me for what they call a "quadrant cleaning", where they numb up one quarter of your mouth and give your teeth a good cleaning under the gums. From the start I rejected it. A few months later I had a filling come out and called to make an appointment. They said they could not make an appointment for me because I had "refused service" last time. Wow. I have learned but it took some time, the less you have them do the better. Even a hole in the tooth - sure, who wouldn't want it filled right? - I believe that keeping it clean and taking care of it yourself is better in the long run than running to them for every little thing. I am given up with a thankfully small variety of physical issues. I just live with it, like a dog or a cat, but without their dignity, as I will sometimes cry out loud about my problems. Not actual sobbing, man.. I mean, crying as in bitching and moaning, you know what I mean. I am not a crybaby. I am a real man.

Re: Olliesophy

<56200435-81a8-488c-aa9c-e8ea3d68ff8en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5317&group=alt.life.sucks#5317

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:56:32 -0800 (PST)
<cbc90ae1-4d1d-4f4b-8e6a-b8077b0ad5d7n@googlegroups.com> <10680254-7bae-4346-a74a-785b923f3b81n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:56 UTC

To the point. This time.

They told me my gums were bad when I told them how the dentist went up and ground away bone after each extraction. They stuck up for him. They told me he had to remove the bone because I have periodontal disease. I told them I don't think so. Then I asked, "Isn't bleeding from the gums a sign of periodontal disease?", and they said yes. I told them I don't have that problem. Their response? "You've already been through it", as if I can't remember if I ever had a problem with my gums bleeding. My teeth are bad from being filled at a young age, then filled over and over with more tooth taken away each time till finally they tell me I need a crown, which I can't afford and never could. So I opted for extractions. Anyway, I agree with you, these people are salesmen from the word go. I am beginning to think most people are salesmen no matter what they do. Do you buy what I'm saying here?

Re: Olliesophy

<81ddab4b-748e-4ecf-acb6-9f22c0e23c2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5348&group=alt.life.sucks#5348

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:08:43 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:08 UTC

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 4:56:33 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> To the point. This time.
>
> They told me my gums were bad when I told them how the dentist went up and ground away bone after each extraction. They stuck up for him. They told me he had to remove the bone because I have periodontal disease. I told them I don't think so. Then I asked, "Isn't bleeding from the gums a sign of periodontal disease?", and they said yes. I told them I don't have that problem. Their response? "You've already been through it", as if I can't remember if I ever had a problem with my gums bleeding. My teeth are bad from being filled at a young age, then filled over and over with more tooth taken away each time till finally they tell me I need a crown, which I can't afford and never could.neralSo I opted for extractions. Anyway, I agree with you, these people are salesmen from the word go. I am beginning to think most people are salesmen no matter what they do. Do you buy what I'm saying here?

Dentist always have an excuse. So do doctors in general. I bet they spend time in special classes designed to bullshit their future patients.

Re: Olliesophy

<a8702a7b-c8ec-4a01-b907-90854b9da2a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5357&group=alt.life.sucks#5357

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:33:57 -0800 (PST)
<56200435-81a8-488c-aa9c-e8ea3d68ff8en@googlegroups.com> <81ddab4b-748e-4ecf-acb6-9f22c0e23c2en@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 00:33 UTC

> Dentist always have an excuse. So do doctors in general. I bet they spend time in special classes designed to bullshit their future patients.

"Excuse Class." Funny. Yes, they are both full of excuses. Everything is my fault when I go to the dentist. I am going again Monday, for a cleaning. They will examine. But I swear to God unless it's an absolute life and death thing I will not let them work on my teeth as I have discovered over the years that even rotting teeth, which I don't think I have - even they can endure if properly cleaned. I'm going to die soon, I know it. I am trying not to stress over every little thing. But I don't want to try too hard as trying is a form of stress in itself. Right?

Re: Olliesophy

<0b0c54d3-6c67-4b4a-b42c-ee62b61c3a1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5395&group=alt.life.sucks#5395

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 15:07:00 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:07 UTC

On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:33:58 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dentist always have an excuse. So do doctors in general. I bet they spend time in special classes designed to bullshit their future patients.
> "Excuse Class." Funny. Yes, they are both full of excuses. Everything is my fault when I go to the dentist. I am going again Monday, for a cleaning. They will examine. But I swear to God unless it's an absolute life and death thing I will not let them work on my teeth as I have discovered over the years that even rotting teeth, which I don't think I have - even they can endure if properly cleaned. I'm going to die soon, I know it. I am trying not to stress over every little thing. But I don't want to try too hard as trying is a form of stress in itself. Right?

You must die with perfect teeth. Do not let the final expense stop you. Charge it.

Re: Olliesophy

<1648c5b8-ed0a-4c55-8f3c-643a8872e82bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5406&group=alt.life.sucks#5406

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 22:38:51 -0800 (PST)
<a8702a7b-c8ec-4a01-b907-90854b9da2a9n@googlegroups.com> <0b0c54d3-6c67-4b4a-b42c-ee62b61c3a1en@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:38 UTC

> You must die with perfect teeth. Do not let the final expense stop you. Charge it.

I'm getting implants just for my open casket funeral. I finally decided to take the normal route to the other world. These implants are not expensive, not compared to ones worn by living people. These don't go into the ground with you, they are removed by the morticians before they put you under the ground. They are cleaned and used again. Nobody should be toothless for their final farewell. Not only should we open the caskets no matter how the corpse looks, we should open the mouth as well - form it into a smile, or a sneer if requested. At my funeral I'm going to look like a member of the Gilligan's Island cast reunion remake. All of them were there, older, smaller, withered a bit. But they had the teeth. Horse teeth.

Re: Olliesophy

<28d035bf-1322-4b85-86b0-51da6116862cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5417&group=alt.life.sucks#5417

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 10:26:13 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:26 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 1:38:52 AM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > You must die with perfect teeth. Do not let the final expense stop you. Charge it.
> I'm getting implants just for my open casket funeral. I finally decided to take the normal route to the other world. These implants are not expensive, not compared to ones worn by living people. These don't go into the ground with you, they are removed by the morticians before they put you under the ground. They are cleaned and used again. Nobody should be toothless for their final farewell. Not only should we open the caskets no matter how the corpse looks, we should open the mouth as well - form it into a smile, or a sneer if requested. At my funeral I'm going to look like a member of the Gilligan's Island cast reunion remake. All of them were there, older, smaller, withered a bit. But they had the teeth. Horse teeth.

I am getting those gag hillbilly teeth for my funeral. My final appearance will be a yuck fest.

Re: Olliesophy

<95b1a1f3-3503-4a89-9c2c-ab94a56710c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5428&group=alt.life.sucks#5428

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 13:58:23 -0800 (PST)
<1648c5b8-ed0a-4c55-8f3c-643a8872e82bn@googlegroups.com> <28d035bf-1322-4b85-86b0-51da6116862cn@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 21:58 UTC

> I am getting those gag hillbilly teeth for my funeral. My final appearance will be a yuck fest.

Hilarious. Great idea. A great final performance. Unfortunately for you and your audience there will be no encore. I like your idea. But without overdoing it. Don't go too monstrous or it will be just another cheap Halloween. No, you want the attendees to wonder, "What the hell happened to him? What did the morticians do to him?" A yuk fest, yes, all the way. Sorry, gotta dray myself into this here because your comment reminds me of something I may already have told you about, going to my friend Richie's funeral alone after it was already underway. A casual affair. I went on foot, a few miles walk. A good excuse for some exercise. When I got there I numbly stumbled into the lobby. I looked around then saw the room with a casket it in and people milling around. I am not exaggerating. I started staring at the corpse as soon as I entered the room. I saw the people but did not dwell on them. I was working my toward the box, all the while saying to myself, "What the fuck did they do to him?" His face looked like it was laminated. Very waxy. I was there the day he died and I knew he didn't look like that. "Man, those morticians really overdid it", I told myself. Then I looked away from the casket to find a face I knew. I could not find one. That is when I turned again to look at the casket with a sign nearby giving his name and date of birth - and it wasn't Richie. Turns out he was in the other room. Richie died at 44. The guy I was looking at was 90. When I got to the real room I noticed people I knew and I told them the story and everyone laughed. Very good.

Re: Olliesophy

<7QFmJ.21391$b%.6137@fx24.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5448&group=alt.life.sucks#5448

From: boyc...@activist.com (Ras Tafarian)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 19:24:16 -1000
 by: Ras Tafarian - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 05:24 UTC

ARCHETYPE: DEMON POSSESSED

BOZO SMILKSTEIN

https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3c/Bozo_fest.jpg/300px-Bozo_fest.jpg

Re: Olliesophy

<c2df57c1-2ee5-4035-af83-79ba9b03aff6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5478&group=alt.life.sucks#5478

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:56:07 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:56 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 4:58:24 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am getting those gag hillbilly teeth for my funeral. My final appearance will be a yuck fest.
> Hilarious. Great idea. A great final performance. Unfortunately for you and your audience there will be no encore. I like your idea. But without overdoing it. Don't go too monstrous or it will be just another cheap Halloween. No, you want the attendees to wonder, "What the hell happened to him? What did the morticians do to him?" A yuk fest, yes, all the way. Sorry, gotta dray myself into this here because your comment reminds me of something I may already have told you about, going to my friend Richie's funeral alone after it was already underway. A casual affair. I went on foot, a few miles walk. A good excuse for some exercise. When I got there I numbly stumbled into the lobby. I looked around then saw the room with a casket it in and people milling around. I am not exaggerating. I started staring at the corpse as soon as I entered the room. I saw the people but did not dwell on them. I was working my toward the box, all the while saying to myself, "What the fuck did they do to him?" His face looked like it was laminated. Very waxy. I was there the day he died and I knew he didn't look like that. "Man, those morticians really overdid it", I told myself. Then I looked away from the casket to find a face I knew. I could not find one. That is when I turned again to look at the casket with a sign nearby giving his name and date of birth - and it wasn't Richie. Turns out he was in the other room. Richie died at 44. The guy I was looking at was 90. When I got to the real room I noticed people I knew and I told them the story and everyone laughed. Very good.

Had not heard that story before. The old switch-a-roo. I prefer a funeral to a wedding.

Re: Olliesophy

<ac8778a0-ebbb-4cf4-ba7d-020577a78d38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5485&group=alt.life.sucks#5485

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 15:38:10 -0800 (PST)
<95b1a1f3-3503-4a89-9c2c-ab94a56710c0n@googlegroups.com> <c2df57c1-2ee5-4035-af83-79ba9b03aff6n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:38 UTC

> Had not heard that story before. The old switch-a-roo. I prefer a funeral to a wedding.

Only been to one wedding in my life - my Uncle Freddy's - and I went because I wanted to. All the funerals I ever attended were forced on me except for Richie's. Both were very informal affairs. But even then they were more formal than I would have liked. I guess I'm selfish that way. I think it's mostly the woman who takes charge of this shit. Like at Freddy's wedding, it was all very informal, no ceremonies, etc., until she took charge and spoke into a mic to tell everyone the wedding was about to take place. At that time a female priest appeared and things became religious quiet. But it didn't last long, I'll give her that. My cousin Willie who flew in from L.A. for the wedding. He was a performer, sang and played sax. Had a regular gig in Miami for years at the Dream Lounge. You can look that joint up on the web, it's there. He was on stage at the wedding, getting ready to play some songs and do some singing. He said, "Wow, look at all the people in here to see Freddy get married." One of Freddy's favorite sayings for years was, "Love is a temporary flow of shit to the brain." Everyone there knew how he felt about it. "Yeah, lots of people here", Wille continued.. "And I hear Tommy Joe and his buddy Charles came all the way from L.A. for it - on a bus!" I got nice and plastered at that wedding. But all in all my ritual is to stay away from ritualistic stuff.

Re: Olliesophy

<d211ee86-0d86-4e13-98d7-f7692082a874n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5510&group=alt.life.sucks#5510

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:40:07 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:40 UTC

On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 6:38:11 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Had not heard that story before. The old switch-a-roo. I prefer a funeral to a wedding.
> Only been to one wedding in my life - my Uncle Freddy's - and I went because I wanted to. All the funerals I ever attended were forced on me except for Richie's. Both were very informal affairs. But even then they were more formal than I would have liked. I guess I'm selfish that way. I think it's mostly the woman who takes charge of this shit. Like at Freddy's wedding, it was all very informal, no ceremonies, etc., until she took charge and spoke into a mic to tell everyone the wedding was about to take place. At that time a female priest appeared and things became religious quiet. But it didn't last long, I'll give her that. My cousin Willie who flew in from L.A. for the wedding. He was a performer, sang and played sax. Had a regular gig in Miami for years at the Dream Lounge. You can look that joint up on the web, it's there. He was on stage at the wedding, getting ready to play some songs and do some singing. He said, "Wow, look at all the people in here to see Freddy get married." One of Freddy's favorite sayings for years was, "Love is a temporary flow of shit to the brain." Everyone there knew how he felt about it. "Yeah, lots of people here", Wille continued. "And I hear Tommy Joe and his buddy Charles came all the way from L.A. for it - on a bus!" I got nice and plastered at that wedding. But all in all my ritual is to stay away from ritualistic stuff.

Me too. I think I am asocial. Ok in a small get together but as they get larger I am not comfortable. Also if they drag out. Keep it short and small = KISS

Re: Olliesophy

<06ac0d5c-d49a-4ac6-8c40-8159da5839f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5516&group=alt.life.sucks#5516

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 16:08:26 -0800 (PST)
<ac8778a0-ebbb-4cf4-ba7d-020577a78d38n@googlegroups.com> <d211ee86-0d86-4e13-98d7-f7692082a874n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 00:08 UTC

> Me too. I think I am asocial. Ok in a small get together but as they get larger I am not comfortable. Also if they drag out. Keep it short and small = KISS

I don't know if I'm asocial or not. I know I never went for concerts and so forth. But I went to many clubs, some of them crowded. Speaking of which, maybe the crowd itself matters. In fact I'm sure it does. You know how when someone turns 100 or becomes the oldest living person on earth they are always asked the secret of their longevity. It's usually healthy living of some kind, but not going overboard - or having some kind of passion for life, and of course sometimes religion works it's way into the answers as well. But it would be funny to see the world's oldest person being asked how they managed to live so long and they reply, "Staying away from large gatherings is a good idea."

Re: Olliesophy

<81363dd2-75a8-4c98-b883-65a1690157e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5575&group=alt.life.sucks#5575

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 16:53:25 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 00:53 UTC

On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 7:08:27 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Me too. I think I am asocial. Ok in a small get together but as they get larger I am not comfortable. Also if they drag out. Keep it short and small = KISS
> I don't know if I'm asocial or not. I know I never went for concerts and so forth. But I went to many clubs, some of them crowded. Speaking of which, maybe the crowd itself matters. In fact I'm sure it does. You know how when someone turns 100 or becomes the oldest living person on earth they are always asked the secret of their longevity. It's usually healthy living of some kind, but not going overboard - or having some kind of passion for life, and of course sometimes religion works it's way into the answers as well.. But it would be funny to see the world's oldest person being asked how they managed to live so long and they reply, "Staying away from large gatherings is a good idea."

Staying out of anyplace that has guns or broads. That is my advice. It is free today. Use it.

Re: Olliesophy

<c41b342a-7835-4983-b47d-33dda11ca2d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5576&group=alt.life.sucks#5576

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:04:47 -0800 (PST)
<06ac0d5c-d49a-4ac6-8c40-8159da5839f5n@googlegroups.com> <81363dd2-75a8-4c98-b883-65a1690157e7n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 02:04 UTC

> Staying out of anyplace that has guns or broads. That is my advice. It is free today. Use it.

I may not use it, but if it's free I'll take it.

Re: Olliesophy

<c73167dc-c345-4883-9ea4-1059f742bd8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5600&group=alt.life.sucks#5600

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 02:39:07 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:39 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 9:04:48 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Staying out of anyplace that has guns or broads. That is my advice. It is free today. Use it.
> I may not use it, but if it's free I'll take it.

I got a notice from the cable company saying they can lower my internet bill. I always get pissed at those because if they can do it then do it, I won't complain. I am sure it was going to be a deal where you sign up for other shit you wont watch and then the internet price goes down.

Re: Olliesophy

<r7FoJ.98911$ya3.47412@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5629&group=alt.life.sucks#5629

From: bos...@_no_spam.com (Jay Boso de Niro Smilkstein Unit 8200 Troll)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 20:14:30 -1000
 by: Jay Boso de Niro Smi - Sun, 28 Nov 2021 06:14 UTC

Nobody smells worse than me.

"Judith Latham" wrote in message news:sm6mt4$c7c$1@dont-email.me...

On 11/6/2021 3:19 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> To smell shit is better than to smell like shit.
>
> I'm saving that to the Ollie's Gems file. True. I love the truth in
> these matters. Like when people say, "I don't want to fart here in this
> crowd", is it because they care about the crowd, or is it because they
> care about how the crowd might think of them if you are revealed to be the
> source of the stink. The less people I know now the more grateful in some
> ways I am. Having no social life allows me to pick up some stink now and
> then. I can't smell it - not all the way - but it's probably there. Do I
> care that I smell? Absolutely not. Do I care that other people smell it
> and know it's me? Absolutely yes. Sorry I can't go all the way with it.

I find it strange that if a person doesn't bathe or wash their clothes
for months, the stench around them can be unbearable and people will say
"He smells like shit". In reality, he doesn't smell anything like shit.
There are people in this world who enjoy the aroma of a vicious shit,
yet I've never heard of anyone who likes the smell of bum. Someone needs
to educate the public and what better place for that than in our public
schools. Teach them while they're young that they should take pride in
their farts and shit and the proper thing to do if they see a bum
sleeping on the street or on a bench is take a shit on him. You'll be
doing him a favor by improving his odor,