When you are working hard, get up and retch every so often.

interests / alt.life.sucks / I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

SubjectAuthor
* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
+* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|`* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
| `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|  `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|   +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carRas Tafarian
|   `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|    `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|     `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|      +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|      `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|       `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|        `- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
+- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carRas Tafarian
+* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|`* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
| `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|  `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|   `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|    `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|     +* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|     |`- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|     `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|      `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|       `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|        `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|         `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|          `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|           +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|           `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|            `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|             `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|              `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|               `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|                `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|                 +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|                 +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|                 +- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|                 `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|                  `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carJudith Latham
|                   `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|                    `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|                     `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
|                      `* I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carOllieNorthie@aol.com
|                       `- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a carThomas Joseph
`- I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car<bosodeniro

Pages:12
I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<39e7af89-7a0e-4207-8aac-1e6df1ae4af4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5408&group=alt.life.sucks#5408

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:13:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:13 UTC

I heard a guy trying to sound cool tell that to his friends in a coffee shop after one of them started bitching about the price of gas and traffic jams and other car related shit, and soon it became the main topic for them. All but one, the guy who said, "Who cares, man - I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car anyway." I think he was full of it, but it got me to thinking about the whole concept of riding a horse.

I would make a lousy horse rider because I'm too timid to be firm with the animal. To be good you have to 'steer' the creature, which means taking firm control of the situation and riding tall in the saddle. Can you do that? It's easy to say you could, but let's see it. Prove it!

Really though, the idea of riding another animal is quite interesting. I don't mean just hanging on to it and letting it drag you around, I'm talking about taking firm control of the thing and steering it around.

I was watching an episode of "The Rifleman" and saw Mark tell his injured Pa not to worry, he's gonna "go to town and get help", and as he's telling him this he's already in the saddle in one smooth move and the horse is taking off just like a car. Later I read the kid was in the rodeo. Even though I know nothing about horse riding, from that one scene I could tell the kid was good at it.

I saw a Western where they showed a long line of guys on horses riding a winding road. From above the horse's legs could not be seen. Even the riders were not very distinct. It looked like a train or a long line of cars on the highway - very smooth from high above. A good rider with firm command can do that - make a horse ride like a car, farts instead of gas as fuel.

Life probably goes smoother for the horse when it's got a good rider in the saddle. A good rider has to be firm. I'd hesitate with the kick start. I'd have to kick the horse multiple times before it finally 'takes off'. The horse would hate my guts, or even feel sorry for me in some weird way. To me the whole thing is interesting, how humans were able to corral such speedy creatures and turn them into conveyances. I know they had to treat them rough. But I'm talking about a different kind of rough in the saddle. Firm and in command. I would be lacking in that department. The horse would be pleading for another rider. "Get this idiot off my back please!", it would be pleading.

I sometimes make other animals suffer by trying too hard to be nice to them when firmness would be better. Like the time I chased that cockroach all over my apartment spraying it with lysol, the only remotely toxic thing I had on hand, instead of just stepping on it with my foot. I didn't want the pus-bellied creepazoid extinction-challenger to burst apart on my floor. As a result of my hesitancy to kill it fast I inadvertently caused it more pain than the average kill should entail.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<b524e2d2-ed39-479d-9faa-071da1651782n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5415&group=alt.life.sucks#5415

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 10:22:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:22 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 8:13:13 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> I heard a guy trying to sound cool tell that to his friends in a coffee shop after one of them started bitching about the price of gas and traffic jams and other car related shit, and soon it became the main topic for them. All but one, the guy who said, "Who cares, man - I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car anyway." I think he was full of it, but it got me to thinking about the whole concept of riding a horse.
>
> I would make a lousy horse rider because I'm too timid to be firm with the animal. To be good you have to 'steer' the creature, which means taking firm control of the situation and riding tall in the saddle. Can you do that? It's easy to say you could, but let's see it. Prove it!
>
> Really though, the idea of riding another animal is quite interesting. I don't mean just hanging on to it and letting it drag you around, I'm talking about taking firm control of the thing and steering it around.
>
> I was watching an episode of "The Rifleman" and saw Mark tell his injured Pa not to worry, he's gonna "go to town and get help", and as he's telling him this he's already in the saddle in one smooth move and the horse is taking off just like a car. Later I read the kid was in the rodeo. Even though I know nothing about horse riding, from that one scene I could tell the kid was good at it.
>
> I saw a Western where they showed a long line of guys on horses riding a winding road. From above the horse's legs could not be seen. Even the riders were not very distinct. It looked like a train or a long line of cars on the highway - very smooth from high above. A good rider with firm command can do that - make a horse ride like a car, farts instead of gas as fuel.
>
> Life probably goes smoother for the horse when it's got a good rider in the saddle. A good rider has to be firm. I'd hesitate with the kick start. I'd have to kick the horse multiple times before it finally 'takes off'. The horse would hate my guts, or even feel sorry for me in some weird way. To me the whole thing is interesting, how humans were able to corral such speedy creatures and turn them into conveyances. I know they had to treat them rough. But I'm talking about a different kind of rough in the saddle. Firm and in command. I would be lacking in that department. The horse would be pleading for another rider. "Get this idiot off my back please!", it would be pleading.
>
> I sometimes make other animals suffer by trying too hard to be nice to them when firmness would be better. Like the time I chased that cockroach all over my apartment spraying it with lysol, the only remotely toxic thing I had on hand, instead of just stepping on it with my foot. I didn't want the pus-bellied creepazoid extinction-challenger to burst apart on my floor. As a result of my hesitancy to kill it fast I inadvertently caused it more pain than the average kill should entail.

I got a horse story. when I was in the Navy at Great Lakes in Illionois I went horse-backing. It was the start of Spring in 78. The girl working there said this would be the first time they been rode since the start of winter and may be difficult. So we went riding and the horse I had was difficult. I had to be firm to keep him under control and another girl admonished me for being harsh with it. When I got back a girl then told me I did well with the horse because he is always difficult.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<93f49dd4-7ef1-4898-a23f-a85d95eecff4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5424&group=alt.life.sucks#5424

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 13:19:28 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 21:19 UTC

> I got a horse story. when I was in the Navy at Great Lakes in Illionois I went horse-backing. It was the start of Spring in 78. The girl working there said this would be the first time they been rode since the start of winter and may be difficult. So we went riding and the horse I had was difficult. I had to be firm to keep him under control and another girl admonished me for being harsh with it. When I got back a girl then told me I did well with the horse because he is always difficult.

Good story. Very interesting to me. Harshness is perceived. It can be real, but also merely someone's perception. I suppose someone who is really good with a horse is even harsher than you were with your unruly steed. You merely showed it more because you were not good enough to do it silently. Your story, the compliment from the girl who said you did well with the horse because he is always difficult, reminds me of my first night doing the carnival. It was in West Chester PA outside Philly and was nearly all black. Lots of rushing the counter, cramming in. I was in the basketball tent with Ray. It was not bad. They were having fun. But it was non stop, which is good for money but can wear a person out quick. When the night was over Ray says to me, "This was a good opener for you. If you can handle this place you can handle it anywhere." Or some such shit. It was a compliment or maybe designed to get me settled in and relaxed. I needed the job but believe me I knew once the season was over that would be the end of the carny life for me. But really, back to the horse - maybe you were not harsh enough. Maybe you only appeared more harsh in an out loud way than a professional rider who knows how to be harsh silently.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<uQFmJ.56371$np6.52267@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5451&group=alt.life.sucks#5451

From: boyc...@activist.com (Ras Tafarian)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 19:24:39 -1000
 by: Ras Tafarian - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 05:24 UTC

ARCHETYPE: DEMON POSSESSED

BOZO SMILKSTEIN

https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3c/Bozo_fest.jpg/300px-Bozo_fest.jpg

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<b9a639cb-8f50-405d-8747-0a5417592ea0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5475&group=alt.life.sucks#5475

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:35:49 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:35 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 4:19:28 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I got a horse story. when I was in the Navy at Great Lakes in Illionois I went horse-backing. It was the start of Spring in 78. The girl working there said this would be the first time they been rode since the start of winter and may be difficult. So we went riding and the horse I had was difficult. I had to be firm to keep him under control and another girl admonished me for being harsh with it. When I got back a girl then told me I did well with the horse because he is always difficult.
> Good story. Very interesting to me. Harshness is perceived. It can be real, but also merely someone's perception. I suppose someone who is really good with a horse is even harsher than you were with your unruly steed. You merely showed it more because you were not good enough to do it silently. Your story, the compliment from the girl who said you did well with the horse because he is always difficult, reminds me of my first night doing the carnival. It was in West Chester PA outside Philly and was nearly all black. Lots of rushing the counter, cramming in. I was in the basketball tent with Ray. It was not bad. They were having fun. But it was non stop, which is good for money but can wear a person out quick. When the night was over Ray says to me, "This was a good opener for you. If you can handle this place you can handle it anywhere." Or some such shit. It was a compliment or maybe designed to get me settled in and relaxed. I needed the job but believe me I knew once the season was over that would be the end of the carny life for me. But really, back to the horse - maybe you were not harsh enough. Maybe you only appeared more harsh in an out loud way than a professional rider who knows how to be harsh silently.

It is one of those experiences that stays with you.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<6029991b-54b5-4b1b-9e53-69eab3530bcen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5488&group=alt.life.sucks#5488

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 16:04:33 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 00:04 UTC

> It is one of those experiences that stays with you.

I know what you mean. Good story, as are most from real life. It sticks with you for a variety of reasons, some of which you yourself may not be aware of. Like for instance the smell of the horse. Horse manure. The whole thing - smell stays in the brain a long time. Perhaps our most active sense, even more so than seeing and hearing. Come on, you're in a deep sleep, eyes closed, ears dead to the world, and a fire breaks out in your home. The smell of smoke may wake you up. Then again, your choking need for air might wake you up. Then again, the intense heat might wake you up. Then again you might not wake up at all. Now that's an experience that will 'stay with you' for sure.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<dOZmJ.44569$QB1.23493@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5493&group=alt.life.sucks#5493

From: boyc...@activist.com (Ras Tafarian)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:04:41 -1000
 by: Ras Tafarian - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 04:04 UTC

IT IS HARDER TO RUN OVER A VAMPIRE BLOOD SUCKING JEW WITH A HORSE.
EVEN A GEO METRO WOULD SUFFICE.
OR TRY A PINTO, WHERE YOU BACK-UP BACK INTO A JEW . . . AND LO
AND BEHOLD THE PINTO EXPLODES, GAS TANK AND ALL.

SAVES TIME AND MONEY, FROM HAVING TO TRANSPORT THE VAMPIRE
JEWS TO THE CREMATORIUM.

SPEAKING OF CREMATORIUM . . . ANYOBDY WANNA WATCH IRAN
NUKE ISRAEL ?

THE FUTURE LOOKS 'bright'

"Thomas Joseph" wrote in message

> It is one of those experiences that stays with you.

I know what you mean. Good story, as are most from real life. It sticks
with you for a variety of reasons, some of which you yourself may not be
aware of. Like for instance the smell of the horse. Horse manure. The
whole thing - smell stays in the brain a long time. Perhaps our most active
sense, even more so than seeing and hearing. Come on, you're in a deep
sleep, eyes closed, ears dead to the world, and a fire breaks out in your
home. The smell of smoke may wake you up. Then again, your choking need
for air might wake you up. Then again, the intense heat might wake you up.
Then again you might not wake up at all. Now that's an experience that will
'stay with you' for sure.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<8e90964b-7106-4b3c-aa70-87692bcd989an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5497&group=alt.life.sucks#5497

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:22:40 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:22 UTC

On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 7:04:34 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > It is one of those experiences that stays with you.
> I know what you mean. Good story, as are most from real life. It sticks with you for a variety of reasons, some of which you yourself may not be aware of. Like for instance the smell of the horse. Horse manure. The whole thing - smell stays in the brain a long time. Perhaps our most active sense, even more so than seeing and hearing. Come on, you're in a deep sleep, eyes closed, ears dead to the world, and a fire breaks out in your home. The smell of smoke may wake you up. Then again, your choking need for air might wake you up. Then again, the intense heat might wake you up. Then again you might not wake up at all. Now that's an experience that will 'stay with you' for sure.

I remember it well. It was a cloudy day. The trees were still bare. Even though it was the beginning of Spring the landscape did not know it. The horse was a dark brown. He was big for a riding horse. Do we have all our life stored with all the details but we can't accrss it? So weird.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<077ced65-0cea-43a0-8c63-8b25902120dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5521&group=alt.life.sucks#5521

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 16:34:23 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 00:34 UTC

> I remember it well. It was a cloudy day. The trees were still bare. Even though it was the beginning of Spring the landscape did not know it. The horse was a dark brown. He was big for a riding horse. Do we have all our life stored with all the details but we can't accrss it? So weird.

You accessed it pretty well. I forget, if you even told me, how old you were when you rode that horse. If you were young I'm sure the horse looked huge after taking pony rides most of your life. I only rode a horse once, in Hollywood. One of those pay and take it out for half an hour things. I remember, anything more than a walk was too much for me. Even a slow trot was too much. I was afraid of not being able to handle it. Otherwise I'll bet it's fun to zip along on one once you've got it down real good. Was that your only time or had you ridden before? It's incredible. I know the horses are huge, but it's still amazes me how they can take off with 200 pounds on their back like it's nothing. I know more about horse manure than I know about horses. Because it wafts out from the pastures of plenty to an anxious nose that loves being alive more than any other part of my body, and that includes my cock.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<97e8ead7-a004-41d2-99ac-761b6b35f346n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5573&group=alt.life.sucks#5573

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 16:48:52 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 00:48 UTC

On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 7:34:24 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I remember it well. It was a cloudy day. The trees were still bare. Even though it was the beginning of Spring the landscape did not know it. The horse was a dark brown. He was big for a riding horse. Do we have all our life stored with all the details but we can't accrss it? So weird.
> You accessed it pretty well. I forget, if you even told me, how old you were when you rode that horse. If you were young I'm sure the horse looked huge after taking pony rides most of your life. I only rode a horse once, in Hollywood. One of those pay and take it out for half an hour things. I remember, anything more than a walk was too much for me. Even a slow trot was too much. I was afraid of not being able to handle it. Otherwise I'll bet it's fun to zip along on one once you've got it down real good. Was that your only time or had you ridden before? It's incredible. I know the horses are huge, but it's still amazes me how they can take off with 200 pounds on their back like it's nothing. I know more about horse manure than I know about horses. Because it wafts out from the pastures of plenty to an anxious nose that loves being alive more than any other part of my body, and that includes my cock.

I was 22. I would have liked to be a horse rider - cowboy even. Not fulltime though. I think being a movie cowboy is the best.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<054b22f2-3f34-4da6-b35d-ed087092c571n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5578&group=alt.life.sucks#5578

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:23:44 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 02:23 UTC

> I was 22. I would have liked to be a horse rider - cowboy even. Not fulltime though. I think being a movie cowboy is the best.

I think you just hit the nail on the head - that word you used, "full-time." I think that's the word that scares the pants off most people, myself included. I don't want to be anything full-time. If I have to work I want 5 different jobs, one for each day of the week. That way when fellow workers see you it'll be, "Yo Ollie, long time no see man, what's up?", like they haven't seen you in years. Once a week you get to be super star at each of your jobs. Show up everyday at the same job, that'll never happen. Usually - most of the time - maybe all of the time - my main concern with most things was time, always time. Like if I got a job, I'd never ask how much the pay was. I kind of knew what it would be - minimum wage. If it was higher it would be a pleasant surprise. The only question I ever had for them was, "How long?" I am not boasting or bitching, just the truth: Most of my life my main concern with just about anything was, "How long is this going to take?" Unless it was sexual and I was enjoying it. Then I would be in the wild and wooly twilight zone of swollen balls aching for culmination, yet at the same time hoping it lasts forever.

How much longer must I go on breathing?

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<774e70d4-c704-472e-9a88-48157658d171n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5579&group=alt.life.sucks#5579

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:26:20 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 02:26 UTC

> I was 22. I would have liked to be a horse rider - cowboy even. Not fulltime though. I think being a movie cowboy is the best.

Aha, I'm piecing it together now. You're father was part owner of that dude ranch, right? Of course you might be into horses. Your post is a good one that covers a lot of territory, like wanting to be a movie cowboy. I think that's what everybody envisions when they are offered something new - a job, whatever - the movie version. The see only the good parts. Only after they have taken the job or made the move, only then will they discover what it is that sucks most about their new life.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<b9ab5bda-47cf-4170-b64c-2543248fd6f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5580&group=alt.life.sucks#5580

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:34:43 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 02:34 UTC

Had you stayed with the Dude ranch you're entire life could have turned out differently in an infinite number of ways. I see you in your early 20s falling off a horse at your father's ranch - a horse you had begged your father to ride for years - and breaking your back. A long spell in the hospital and then the court drama where you wind up suing your father for forcing you on the horse against your will. You lose the case and go on to kill. A whole new Ollie based on some small switcheroo at a young age or even later.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<453bfae1-870f-4c31-a473-bb1acebb935an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5598&group=alt.life.sucks#5598

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 02:32:29 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:32 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 9:34:44 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Had you stayed with the Dude ranch you're entire life could have turned out differently in an infinite number of ways. I see you in your early 20s falling off a horse at your father's ranch - a horse you had begged your father to ride for years - and breaking your back. A long spell in the hospital and then the court drama where you wind up suing your father for forcing you on the horse against your will. You lose the case and go on to kill. A whole new Ollie based on some small switcheroo at a young age or even later..

I rode a couple of times at that ranch. I was only there a couple of times.. I had a strained relationship if any at all with him. I was use to no dad so when he was around it was weird.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<2md2qg506pks3uate85i37sr8uf8lvopou@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5601&group=alt.life.sucks#5601

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:40:12 -0500
 by: Judith Latham - Fri, 26 Nov 2021 19:40 UTC

On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:13:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
<jazeev1234@gmail.com> wrote:

>I heard a guy trying to sound cool tell that to his friends in a coffee shop after one of them started bitching about the price of gas and traffic jams and other car related shit, and soon it became the main topic for them. All but one, the guy who said, "Who cares, man - I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car anyway." I think he was full of it, but it got me to thinking about the whole concept of riding a horse.
>
>I would make a lousy horse rider because I'm too timid to be firm with the animal. To be good you have to 'steer' the creature, which means taking firm control of the situation and riding tall in the saddle. Can you do that? It's easy to say you could, but let's see it. Prove it!
>
>Really though, the idea of riding another animal is quite interesting. I don't mean just hanging on to it and letting it drag you around, I'm talking about taking firm control of the thing and steering it around.
>
>I was watching an episode of "The Rifleman" and saw Mark tell his injured Pa not to worry, he's gonna "go to town and get help", and as he's telling him this he's already in the saddle in one smooth move and the horse is taking off just like a car. Later I read the kid was in the rodeo. Even though I know nothing about horse riding, from that one scene I could tell the kid was good at it.
>
>I saw a Western where they showed a long line of guys on horses riding a winding road. From above the horse's legs could not be seen. Even the riders were not very distinct. It looked like a train or a long line of cars on the highway - very smooth from high above. A good rider with firm command can do that - make a horse ride like a car, farts instead of gas as fuel.
>
>Life probably goes smoother for the horse when it's got a good rider in the saddle. A good rider has to be firm. I'd hesitate with the kick start. I'd have to kick the horse multiple times before it finally 'takes off'. The horse would hate my guts, or even feel sorry for me in some weird way. To me the whole thing is interesting, how humans were able to corral such speedy creatures and turn them into conveyances. I know they had to treat them rough. But I'm talking about a different kind of rough in the saddle. Firm and in command. I would be lacking in that department. The horse would be pleading for another rider. "Get this idiot off my back please!", it would be pleading.
>
>I sometimes make other animals suffer by trying too hard to be nice to them when firmness would be better. Like the time I chased that cockroach all over my apartment spraying it with lysol, the only remotely toxic thing I had on hand, instead of just stepping on it with my foot. I didn't want the pus-bellied creepazoid extinction-challenger to burst apart on my floor. As a result of my hesitancy to kill it fast I inadvertently caused it more pain than the average kill should entail.

When my Bubbe was a little girl in Poland, she remembers when her papa
had to kill the family horse so that they could eat. Her papa scraped
every last morsel of meat off those bones and her mama stretched it
out to 2 weeks of family food. Bubbe says it was the best 2 weeks of
the war and she has never lost her taste for horse meat. Personally,
I'm not crazy about it and wish Bubbe didn't insist on eating eat
every year on her birthday.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<64d16d5b-630f-41d5-ab83-294dd84a20cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5605&group=alt.life.sucks#5605

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:56:18 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:56 UTC

On Friday, November 26, 2021 at 2:40:15 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:
> [...]
> When my Bubbe was a little girl in Poland, she remembers when her papa
> had to kill the family horse so that they could eat. Her papa scraped
> every last morsel of meat off those bones and her mama stretched it
> out to 2 weeks of family food. Bubbe says it was the best 2 weeks of
> the war and she has never lost her taste for horse meat. Personally,
> I'm not crazy about it and wish Bubbe didn't insist on eating eat

Is that why she fucks horses?

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<7io5qgh591v8ej6oq2dpmfq2p0n5j7hpek@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5607&group=alt.life.sucks#5607

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 21:01:57 -0500
Complaints: kiss my ass
 by: Judith Latham - Sun, 28 Nov 2021 02:01 UTC

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:56:18 -0800 (PST), "OllieNorthie@aol.com"
<OllieNorthie@aol.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> When my Bubbe was a little girl in Poland, she remembers when her papa
>> had to kill the family horse so that they could eat. Her papa scraped
>> every last morsel of meat off those bones and her mama stretched it
>> out to 2 weeks of family food. Bubbe says it was the best 2 weeks of
>> the war and she has never lost her taste for horse meat. Personally,
>> I'm not crazy about it and wish Bubbe didn't insist on eating eat

You make that sound like it's a bad thing, at least not to Thelma
Weinstock it isn't (rumor has it).

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<171ac79f-aef7-4f32-813a-25f1b469e0fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5657&group=alt.life.sucks#5657

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:05:14 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 28 Nov 2021 21:05 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 9:02:03 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:56:18 -0800 (PST), "OllieN...@aol.com"
> <OllieN...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, November 26, 2021 at 2:40:15 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:

> >> When my Bubbe was a little girl in Poland, she remembers when her papa
> >> had to kill the family horse so that they could eat. Her papa scraped
> >> every last morsel of meat off those bones and her mama stretched it
> >> out to 2 weeks of family food. Bubbe says it was the best 2 weeks of
> >> the war and she has never lost her taste for horse meat. Personally,
> >> I'm not crazy about it and wish Bubbe didn't insist on eating eat
> >> every year on her birthday.
> >

> >Is that why she fucks horses?
> You make that sound like it's a bad thing, at least not to Thelma
> Weinstock it isn't (rumor has it).

Finding good horse fucking women porn is tough. Many of the sites are virus pits. Plus is it illegal? I think the horse likes it. The woman must or why would she be sucking it?

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<0c6baf7d-2cc3-459d-9d24-7318b8be9a6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5659&group=alt.life.sucks#5659

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:14:24 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 01:14 UTC

> Finding good horse fucking women porn is tough. Many of the sites are virus pits. Plus is it illegal? I think the horse likes it. The woman must or why would she be sucking it?

I've never seen any horse cock sucking videos. Even years ago when I heard about it I never saw it. I know it would not turn me on. What do you think, I'm weird? I am not into horse cocks or watching even the world's sexiest women sucking them. The only way I could even remotely get a hard on with a horse cock is if the woman ordered me to suck it. "Suck it or you ain't getting none of this!", she says, giving you a quick glance at her enthralling tits and ass. Then she's on her knees with her big wide well formed ass up in the air ordering me to suck the "crease" from the top where it meets the tattoo on her back on down with my nose plastered to it, working my way down on command to the sweet slick of inner cheek, the warm wide corona sweeping out and enticing all from the center of it's universe, the center of my universe, her lovely asshole of course, but even more so everything that surrounds it - the cheek and the reek. I would not suck the horse's cock even for that. But I would make a pretense of it. I would pretend suck it. I am taking lessons on how to achieve that now just in case one day the above described scenario unfolds.

I knew a Black guy at the poolroom - told you about him before, Otis, the slow talker who told me when I asked what kind of music he liked, "Well, to tell you the troof Tommy Joe, I don't likes music too much." He said once when he was younger a really good looking woman told him he could have her, but only if he sucked her boyfriend's cock first. He said he did it. Whether he made it up or not doesn't matter, the way he said it sounded like the truth.

Otis was the truth, motha fucka

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<1rj8qgdu2mp5aedakjp5gncv02pgrd8e4r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5663&group=alt.life.sucks#5663

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 23:07:08 -0500
Complaints: kiss my ass
 by: Judith Latham - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 04:07 UTC

On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:14:24 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
<jazeev1234@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Finding good horse fucking women porn is tough. Many of the sites are virus pits. Plus is it illegal? I think the horse likes it. The woman must or why would she be sucking it?
>

>I've never seen any horse cock sucking videos. Even years ago when I heard about it I never saw it. I know it would not turn me on. What do you think, I'm weird? I am not into horse cocks or watching even the world's sexiest women sucking them. The only way I could even remotely get a hard on with a horse cock is if the woman ordered me to suck it. "Suck it or you ain't getting none of this!", she says, giving you a quick glance at her enthralling tits and ass. Then she's on her knees with her big wide well formed ass up in the air ordering me to suck the "crease" from the top where it meets the tattoo on her back on down with my nose plastered to it, working my way down on command to the sweet slick of inner cheek, the warm wide corona sweeping out and enticing all from the center of it's universe, the center of my universe, her lovely asshole of course, but even more so everything that surrounds it - the cheek and the reek. I would not suck the horse's cock even for that.
>But I would make a pretense of it. I would pretend suck it. I am taking lessons on how to achieve that now just in case one day the above described scenario unfolds.
>
>I knew a Black guy at the poolroom - told you about him before, Otis, the slow talker who told me when I asked what kind of music he liked, "Well, to tell you the troof Tommy Joe, I don't likes music too much." He said once when he was younger a really good looking woman told him he could have her, but only if he sucked her boyfriend's cock first. He said he did it. Whether he made it up or not doesn't matter, the way he said it sounded like the truth.
>
>Otis was the truth, motha fucka

Thelma Weinstock is a 50ish woman who's a regular at our Hadassah
meeting. Her father owned a horse stable in Westchester. Rumor has it
that although usually a quiet, seemingly depressed recluse, whenever
she came home from visiting the stables she became outspoken and the
life of the party. What really drew everyone's suspicions was the fact
that every time the horses saw Thelma, they would begins going wild;
much like the movie 'Young Frankenstein' when the horses saw Frau
Bluka. She doesn't seem the type to allow filming of her escapades,
but she also hasn't had a regular job in over 30 years. We wonder
where her money comes from?

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<bd0be34e-493c-49ac-98ba-ad92b632d2dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5670&group=alt.life.sucks#5670

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:04:28 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:04 UTC

On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 11:07:15 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:14:24 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
> <jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> Finding good horse fucking women porn is tough. Many of the sites are virus pits. Plus is it illegal? I think the horse likes it. The woman must or why would she be sucking it?
> >

> >I've never seen any horse cock sucking videos. Even years ago when I heard about it I never saw it. I know it would not turn me on. What do you think, I'm weird? I am not into horse cocks or watching even the world's sexiest women sucking them. The only way I could even remotely get a hard on with a horse cock is if the woman ordered me to suck it. "Suck it or you ain't getting none of this!", she says, giving you a quick glance at her enthralling tits and ass. Then she's on her knees with her big wide well formed ass up in the air ordering me to suck the "crease" from the top where it meets the tattoo on her back on down with my nose plastered to it, working my way down on command to the sweet slick of inner cheek, the warm wide corona sweeping out and enticing all from the center of it's universe, the center of my universe, her lovely asshole of course, but even more so everything that surrounds it - the cheek and the reek. I would not suck the horse's cock even for that.
> >But I would make a pretense of it. I would pretend suck it. I am taking lessons on how to achieve that now just in case one day the above described scenario unfolds.
> >
> >I knew a Black guy at the poolroom - told you about him before, Otis, the slow talker who told me when I asked what kind of music he liked, "Well, to tell you the troof Tommy Joe, I don't likes music too much." He said once when he was younger a really good looking woman told him he could have her, but only if he sucked her boyfriend's cock first. He said he did it. Whether he made it up or not doesn't matter, the way he said it sounded like the truth.
> >
> >Otis was the truth, motha fucka
> Thelma Weinstock is a 50ish woman who's a regular at our Hadassah
> meeting. Her father owned a horse stable in Westchester. Rumor has it
> that although usually a quiet, seemingly depressed recluse, whenever
> she came home from visiting the stables she became outspoken and the
> life of the party. What really drew everyone's suspicions was the fact
> that every time the horses saw Thelma, they would begins going wild;
> much like the movie 'Young Frankenstein' when the horses saw Frau
> Bluka. She doesn't seem the type to allow filming of her escapades,
> but she also hasn't had a regular job in over 30 years. We wonder
> where her money comes from?

I like to think the horse suck movies are done pro-bono.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<d155d13d-a32e-48ea-8d03-b8d979fd4f29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5679&group=alt.life.sucks#5679

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:27:13 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:27 UTC

> I like to think the horse suck movies are done pro-bono.

It's incredible how after being alive 74 years and hearing "pro-bono" used many times I had to google it just now to find it's exact meaning before responding to your post. Honest to God, there's lots of common phrases I hear all the time I still don't know exactly what they mean. I like it that way. Reading exact definition can be a chore sometimes, very much like looking up instructions to a board game. They're giving us the definition of one word, and they're using more than just one word to do it - and then in order to be able to follow what they're saying I have to look up the words they're using to describe it. Anyway, I had a feeling it mean free work of some kind, which we know is bullshit because pro bono is a legal term used mostly by lawyers. As for horse suck movies I don't care if I ever see one.. How about the remake of "Nightmare Alley"? Lots of commercials on TV for new movies coming out. The ads themselves look like shit, I can only imagine how bad the movie is. What are they going to do with the remake, toss in shots of "the Geek" eating chicken heads right of the scrawny necks of still living chickens? Show the Geek fucking the carnival owner's wife before life gets him down and he has to resort to Geekdom to make it in life? I'm not into thinking anything is sacred and can't be touched - it's just a fucking movie. But there's no way they're going to improve that movie. In fact there's no way they're going to improve anything.

At the same time let's show them a little respect for at least trying to bless us with entertainment and happiness in these unprecedented times of peril.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<276bc110-8b43-456a-9813-1b3543011ba7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5680&group=alt.life.sucks#5680

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:45:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:45 UTC

> Thelma Weinstock is a 50ish woman who's a regular at our Hadassah
> meeting. Her father owned a horse stable in Westchester. Rumor has it
> that although usually a quiet, seemingly depressed recluse, whenever
> she came home from visiting the stables she became outspoken and the
> life of the party. What really drew everyone's suspicions was the fact
> that every time the horses saw Thelma, they would begins going wild;
> much like the movie 'Young Frankenstein' when the horses saw Frau
> Bluka. She doesn't seem the type to allow filming of her escapades,
> but she also hasn't had a regular job in over 30 years. We wonder
> where her money comes from?

Latham! I saw your post last night but could not respond because I was in bed with the smartphone and cannot post from that device to the newsgroups since Google made formatting changes. I'm on the desktop now, but it took me quite a while to find your post mixed in among all the Rasta/Bozo crap. At the same time I enjoyed the search. It bolstered my confidence in being a good detective. "I will find that post if it takes forever!", I declared allowed only minutes ago when the search for your post began. I was about to give up when suddenly, there it was. And now I will read your post to get a better understanding of what I will be responding to.

I like the way you say, "We wonder where her money is coming from?" The word "We" has a certain almost Nazi flair to it. A mob not content with its current size, at all times seeking new converts, it must grow to feed itself. So now the poor woman must defend herself against your accusations. Or if you choose to keep the accusations a secret, in that case you are excluding her from the conversation. Either way it's not fair. It's wrong. I want you to call the woman as soon as possible to apologize to her for your thoughts and to tell her that I, Thomas Joseph, and the one who recommended it.

Leave Thelma alone - NOW!

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<ac9bqgp3do2auiv7iuo08dcj0hktvge8vp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5682&group=alt.life.sucks#5682

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:20:25 -0500
References: <39e7af89-7a0e-4207-8aac-1e6df1ae4af4n@googlegroups.com> <2md2qg506pks3uate85i37sr8uf8lvopou@4ax.com> <64d16d5b-630f-41d5-ab83-294dd84a20cen@googlegroups.com> <7io5qgh591v8ej6oq2dpmfq2p0n5j7hpek@4ax.com> <171ac79f-aef7-4f32-813a-25f1b469e0fcn@googlegroups.com> <0c6baf7d-2cc3-459d-9d24-7318b8be9a6en@googlegroups.com> <1rj8qgdu2mp5aedakjp5gncv02pgrd8e4r@4ax.com> <276bc110-8b43-456a-9813-1b3543011ba7n@googlegroups.com>
Complaints: kiss my ass
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 04:20 UTC

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:45:02 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
<jazeev1234@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thelma Weinstock is a 50ish woman who's a regular at our Hadassah
>> meeting. Her father owned a horse stable in Westchester. Rumor has it
>> that although usually a quiet, seemingly depressed recluse, whenever
>> she came home from visiting the stables she became outspoken and the
>> life of the party. What really drew everyone's suspicions was the fact
>> that every time the horses saw Thelma, they would begins going wild;
>> much like the movie 'Young Frankenstein' when the horses saw Frau
>> Bluka. She doesn't seem the type to allow filming of her escapades,
>> but she also hasn't had a regular job in over 30 years. We wonder
>> where her money comes from?
>

>Latham! I saw your post last night but could not respond because I was in bed with the smartphone and cannot post from that device to the newsgroups since Google made formatting changes. I'm on the desktop now, but it took me quite a while to find your post mixed in among all the Rasta/Bozo crap. At the same time I enjoyed the search. It bolstered my confidence in being a good detective. "I will find that post if it takes forever!", I declared allowed only minutes ago when the search for your post began. I was about to give up when suddenly, there it was. And now I will read your post to get a better understanding of what I will be responding to.
>
>I like the way you say, "We wonder where her money is coming from?" The word "We" has a certain almost Nazi flair to it. A mob not content with its current size, at all times seeking new converts, it must grow to feed itself. So now the poor woman must defend herself against your accusations. Or if you choose to keep the accusations a secret, in that case you are excluding her from the conversation. Either way it's not fair. It's wrong. I want you to call the woman as soon as possible to apologize to her for your thoughts and to tell her that I, Thomas Joseph, and the one who recommended it.
>
>Leave Thelma alone - NOW!

As did our friend Ollie, you make horse sex sound like a bad thing. If
it makes Thelma and the horses down at 'Abe's Riding Academy' happy,
who are we to judge?

I do miss hanging here in the ng with you, Ollie and Bozo. I will try
to put my prejudices aside and visit more often.

Re: I'd rather ride a horse than drive a car

<4c683fdf-6a56-43ad-ac52-4af356ec416dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5700&group=alt.life.sucks#5700

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:24:32 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:24 UTC

> As did our friend Ollie, you make horse sex sound like a bad thing. If
> it makes Thelma and the horses down at 'Abe's Riding Academy' happy,
> who are we to judge?
>
> I do miss hanging here in the ng with you, Ollie and Bozo. I will try
> to put my prejudices aside and visit more often.

What prejudices are you talking about? As for horse sex, I never cared about it, even for a laugh. It can be funny, same as anything else. I am more into the philosophy/analysis aspects of things as I am a semi professional intuitive scientist of the highest order. If it takes talking about sucking horse cock to get us to a higher plane, then by God we're talking horse cock. That's why I talk about shit a lot. Foul odors, stuff like that - they are inspiring because they cover a lot of ground. Tell someone a good shit story it might at any point remind them of something else in their life not even remotely related to shit. See what I mean? I am not into the "beat the dead horse" style of humor. Yes, some people assume I am narrow of mind because I tend to dwell on only a few topics. But they assume it because they are greedy. They want more of my philosophy even while openly challenging it. They see me talking about only 5 or 7 topics all the time, they think I'm stuck on those topics alone. But even if I am it's still 5 or 6 more topics than most people want to talk about. I will ride the horse-cock horse till the saddle falls off - whatever it takes to get to THE TRUTH.

Once again though, seriously, what prejudices are you talking about? What prejudices will you try to put aside? Please.