Don't get even -- get odd!

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabul

SubjectAuthor
* Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabulltlee1
+* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an UglyA. Filip
|+* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly DeaRusty Wyse
||`* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an UglyA. Filip
|| `* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in KabulRusty Wyse
||  `* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Juscicero
||   `- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly DeaRusty Wyse
|`* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Dealtlee1
| +* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Deabmoore
| |+* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an UglyA. Filip
| ||`* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Deabmoore
| || +* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an UglyA. Filip
| || `- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly DeaRusty Wyse
| |`- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly DeaRusty Wyse
| `- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an UglyA. Filip
+- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly DeaRusty Wyse
`* Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Juskiroro
 `- Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Dealtlee1

Pages:12
Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabul

<63bece52-f357-45c2-a1fe-ec9955758e97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4562&group=soc.culture.china#4562

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 09:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Biden’s_Democracy_Agenda_Just_Died_an_Ugly_Dea
th_in_Kabul
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:12 UTC

On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 9:11:24 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <yale...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Nice people hardly ever win with overwhelming military superiority.
> >
> > Yes, they do win!!! Overwhelming military superiority will ALWAYS
> > win in all cases with planning and proper execution.
> > […]
>
> Are you ready for "kill everything that moves" escalation?

This is NOT "planning and proper execution"!!! The U.S. strategy has always been "kill everything that moves" since the Civil War, especially against the Native American Indians.

> [ *Mass* civilian casualties ] Is Afghanistan important enough for US
> to get image "We are FIRST SUPER SOBs"? IMHO *NO*.

Yes, we are, since the Civil War days...

> Afghan war have not been "survive or die" war for US.

Yes we are, in the Vietnam War, in the Afghanistan War,... We gave up instead of "die"!!!

> It usually
> introduces military limitations.

World opinion limited our use of nuke!! Otherwise, we would have used them on China, Vietnam, Afghanistan,... And on Cuba, Venezuela,...

> Remember *multiplayer* worldwide big
> game.

Yes, otherwise, we would have used them on China, Vietnam, Cuba, Venezuela, Afghanistan,...

> Or if you prefer economic/business approach: Afghan war was not
> important enough for US to win at any cost.

And that is the most important point of all to "nuke" Afghanistan!!! since Afghanistan has been known as "graveyard of empires"

> You do not win "battles" to loose "the war".

Yes, you win battle to show the world how big, strong and powerful you are!!! especially to European allies...

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas l'Informatique.
> | (Bosquet [on seeing the IBM 4341])

What is the IBM 4341???? and I used to work for IBM!!!

Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabul

<8d3febd8-9c40-472c-8688-20d55fa41d5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4563&group=soc.culture.china#4563

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 09:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
th_in_Kabul
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:14 UTC

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 7:28:13 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 10:51:35 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> > bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

> > > You're resorting to whataboutism. The fact remains that the Taliban
> > > are horrible. You're free to believe that the Saudis are as bad, but
> > > you don't seem to want to admit the obvious horribleness of the
> > > Taliban.
> > Doing really "something" about Taliban "may be" risky+.
> > So it is crucial to estimate how much worse they are,
> > evaluate how far are you willing to go. After 20 years of
> > "The Afghan Adventure" US+ should learn value of setting (soft) limits.
> >
> > I see the following as a *base* plan for dealing with Taliban:
> > + evacuate huge number of more educated Afghans (from Kabul)
> > to create shortcomings pretty soon
> > + after a few weeks of semi-public consultation introduce plan schedule
> > for increasing sanction/restrictions lifted after elections
> > (with results acknowledged by some international body, not US itself)
> Yes, will need to see what this evolves into... the Taliban say they will be different this time. No evidence of that yet.

Does it matter???
They are controlling Afghanistan. They can do whatever they want!!!!

Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabul

<sfra8v$fig$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4617&group=soc.culture.china#4617

From: cice...@gmail.co. (cicero)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_Biden’s_Democracy_Agenda_Jus
t_Died_an_Ugly_Death_in_Kabul
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 00:40:04 +0800
 by: cicero - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 16:40 UTC

When Hong Kong people ruled by British, they accepted it.

And when Hong Kong people ruled by China, they cannot accept it,

British ruled Hong Kong people with iron fist and harshly introduced caning
on them, too.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

On Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 2:56:50 PM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <yale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> What is worth democracy without the people ready *and willing* to
> >> defender it? "Little" in the world as it is.
> >>
> >> IMHO from this newsgroup perspective it boils down to: US created
> >> a *shitty* democracy/"democracy" in Afghanistan, something Afghans
> >> themselves have not been eager to *really* defend.
> >>
> >> Wisdom from the most democratic (non tiny) country in the world IMHO:
> >> "There isn’t any army in Switzerland; Switzerland is an army itself”.
> >> Mao paraphrased: Political power grows out of the barrel of a military
> >> gun *kept at home*.
> >
> > What is "democracy" to the Muslim people? If they understand what
> > "democracy" is, they wouldn't be Muslims!!! Muslim belief and
> > democracy are mutually exclusive.
> US and support for democracy "in Egypt" are really exclusive.
> *Real* democracy may produce results disliked by US. Despots are
> much simpler to maintain.
>
> Shift from Monarchies to republics happened in Europe a mere century ago
> (after World War One). I do believe that a few decades can change a lot.
>
> Democracy ruled in HK *Colony*, British democracy.

What you really meant is:

British ruled HK "colony" with British Iron-fist!!!
The Hong Kong people were just ant-workers...

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.
> | (Paul Beatty)

Re: Biden’s Democracy Agenda Just Died an Ugly Death in Kabul

<181a8166-8598-4f72-824f-59d22ce408f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4619&group=soc.culture.china#4619

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 09:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
th_in_Kabul
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 16:45 UTC

On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 9:40:02 AM UTC-7, cicero wrote:
> When Hong Kong people ruled by British, they accepted it.
>
> And when Hong Kong people ruled by China, they cannot accept it,

CIA/NED instigated rejection!!!