Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: Oxtail soup

SubjectAuthor
* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
+* Oxtail soupOllieNorthie@aol.com
|+* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||`* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
|| `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||  +- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||  `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   +* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |`* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   | `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |  `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |   +* Oxtail soupOllieNorthie@aol.com
||   |   |`- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |   `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |    `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |     `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |      +* Oxtail soupOllieNorthie@aol.com
||   |      |+* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |      ||`* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |      || `* Oxtail soupbosodeniro@gmail.com
||   |      ||  `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
||   |      ||   `- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |      |`- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   |      `- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
||   `- Oxtail soupbosodeniro@gmail.com
|`* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
| `* Oxtail soupOllieNorthie@aol.com
|  `- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
`* Oxtail soupbosodeniro@gmail.com
 `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
  `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
   `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
    `* Oxtail soupJudith Latham
     `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
      `* Oxtail soupbosodeniro@gmail.com
       `* Oxtail soupThomas Joseph
        `* Oxtail soupOllieNorthie@aol.com
         `- Oxtail soupThomas Joseph

Pages:12
Re: Oxtail soup

<78671565-de92-432d-bd04-7bac64420baen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4109&group=alt.life.sucks#4109

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 12:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Oxtail soup
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 19:44 UTC

> I don't know WTF you're talking about. I only mentioned oxtail soup as a metaphor for something with hair still on it being cooked and burnt in rusty old cookware and smelling like meth and garlic the more it simmers.

Either you have a unique sense of humor or you're totally nuts, Bozo. I checked all posts into this thread and none came from you. So if you mentioned oxtail soup it had to be in another thread or in your silly clown brain. But I know what you mean - a good metaphor actually - "Something with hair still on it", etc., very funny and accurate vision. Like being burned alive. I can see it now, a crowd of hundreds attending the burning to death of a reviled criminal and later partying down at their favorite post execution haunts.

"Did you see him whimper as the flames grew higher?", says man #1.

"Nah", says man #2, I wasn't looking at him, I was there for the smell."

"Huh?", says man number #1. "You mean you didn't watch any of it?"

"No. Watching gets in the way. Remember the rules - no cameras allowed. So, how are you going to remember the event years from now when your mind's vision of it begins to dim? You will forget. But I won't. I won't forget because stench is etched into the brain. It is the most easily remembered of all things, especially the smell of something burning with hair still on it."

Re: Oxtail soup

<sjget9$u88$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4113&group=alt.life.sucks#4113

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 22:56:38 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 02:56 UTC

On 10/4/2021 3:44 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> I don't know WTF you're talking about. I only mentioned oxtail soup as a metaphor for something with hair still on it being cooked and burnt in rusty old cookware and smelling like meth and garlic the more it simmers.
>

> Either you have a unique sense of humor or you're totally nuts, Bozo. I checked all posts into this thread and none came from you. So if you mentioned oxtail soup it had to be in another thread or in your silly clown brain. But I know what you mean - a good metaphor actually - "Something with hair still on it", etc., very funny and accurate vision. Like being burned alive. I can see it now, a crowd of hundreds attending the burning to death of a reviled criminal and later partying down at their favorite post execution haunts.
>
> "Did you see him whimper as the flames grew higher?", says man #1.
>
> "Nah", says man #2, I wasn't looking at him, I was there for the smell."
>
> "Huh?", says man number #1. "You mean you didn't watch any of it?"
>
> "No. Watching gets in the way. Remember the rules - no cameras allowed. So, how are you going to remember the event years from now when your mind's vision of it begins to dim? You will forget. But I won't. I won't forget because stench is etched into the brain. It is the most easily remembered of all things, especially the smell of something burning with hair still on it."

The Germans and the Russians enjoyed doing it to each other's civilian
populations during WWII. You have to be a special kind of something to
indulge in such an activity. My bubbe's uncle Igor was in the NKVD and
told stories of going from village to village and roasting people alive.
He must have been one very sick puppy. You'd have liked him, I'm sure.

Re: Oxtail soup

<6ef9998a-a0a5-43b7-90ff-0b3b09b24fe0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4122&group=alt.life.sucks#4122

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 21:51:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 04:51 UTC

> The Germans and the Russians enjoyed doing it to each other's civilian
> populations during WWII. You have to be a special kind of something to
> indulge in such an activity. My bubbe's uncle Igor was in the NKVD and
> told stories of going from village to village and roasting people alive.
> He must have been one very sick puppy. You'd have liked him, I'm sure.

I am not shocked by violence under conditions that allow it to blossom. I know what people can be deep down. After all, I am one myself. When the shit hits the fan neutrality goes out the window, and that includes being a civilian or even more so a medic or priest or some other privileged 'hands off' type who thinks they can hang around a war totally out of harms way. To hell with the civilians. Just kidding, I feel sorry for them. But better them than me.

Re: Oxtail soup

<sjibbd$dhb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4129&group=alt.life.sucks#4129

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 16:08:10 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 20:08 UTC

On 10/5/2021 12:51 AM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> The Germans and the Russians enjoyed doing it to each other's civilian
>> populations during WWII. You have to be a special kind of something to
>> indulge in such an activity. My bubbe's uncle Igor was in the NKVD and
>> told stories of going from village to village and roasting people alive.
>> He must have been one very sick puppy. You'd have liked him, I'm sure.
>
> I am not shocked by violence under conditions that allow it to blossom. I know what people can be deep down. After all, I am one myself. When the shit hits the fan neutrality goes out the window, and that includes being a civilian or even more so a medic or priest or some other privileged 'hands off' type who thinks they can hang around a war totally out of harms way. To hell with the civilians. Just kidding, I feel sorry for them. But better them than me.

You have a valid point. I often wonder when I see pictures of the
Revolutionary War just who the f**k do these people think they are that
stand in front and play the flute and drums while those around them are
being slaughtered. If I'm the enemy, I shoot them right in the middle of
their foreheads; especially if they're playing a song that sucks. For
example, if they're playing "Yankee Doodle" you can consider those
mother-f**kers dead.

Re: Oxtail soup

<23dab905-0a44-44c6-b957-70e8f6bd7691n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4132&group=alt.life.sucks#4132

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 14:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 21:03 UTC

> You have a valid point. I often wonder when I see pictures of the
> Revolutionary War just who the f**k do these people think they are that
> stand in front and play the flute and drums while those around them are
> being slaughtered. If I'm the enemy, I shoot them right in the middle of
> their foreheads; especially if they're playing a song that sucks. For
> example, if they're playing "Yankee Doodle" you can consider those
> mother-f**kers dead.

All the pomp and ceremony, the rituals of war and a bunch of other shit all the time. I have a motto that says, "If you have time to get fitted for a uniform it's not a real war." Well, it is a real war once they find themselves in the middle of it, but they don't know why they're there. So it's not their war, not really. How about the flag carriers? The precious flag.. It must not fall. Have you noticed over the past 4 or 5 years, maybe longer, that flags are at a rather steady half staff all the time? This is part of the victim industry which is huge. I believe that war is a necessary thing, instinctively, that somehow we need it. It used to be nationalism that fueled war, but there is not enough real nationalism in our country to support a war, especially if the draft comes back. And if it ever does I want to see women drafted too. I want them on the front lines, the deep trenches, right there with the male meat waiting to be tenderized by sizzling bullets. But let's get off the woman/dude thing a minute, please - we were talking about something else. Oh yeah, nationalism. We have an all volunteer military consisting mainly of directionless mentally troubled assholes, some, maybe most psychotic. Nobody really supports them. But now the COVID thing along with other media fueled socially relevant bullshit has become the rallying cry. Medical people are referred to as our 'front line people'. Our heroes. Part of the massive first responder brigade requiring one disaster after another to keep in business. It seems in some way to revolve mostly around victimhood one way or another. Now you are a victim too as I force you to read my long and probably very poorly written blather blast.

Re: Oxtail soup

<4225e401-40d4-4cfa-938b-45ccce2c77den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4157&group=alt.life.sucks#4157

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 01:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:52 UTC

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 2:03:51 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > You have a valid point. I often wonder when I see pictures of the
> > Revolutionary War just who the f**k do these people think they are that
> > stand in front and play the flute and drums while those around them are
> > being slaughtered. If I'm the enemy, I shoot them right in the middle of
> > their foreheads; especially if they're playing a song that sucks. For
> > example, if they're playing "Yankee Doodle" you can consider those
> > mother-f**kers dead.
> All the pomp and ceremony, the rituals of war and a bunch of other shit all the time. I have a motto that says, "If you have time to get fitted for a uniform it's not a real war." Well, it is a real war once they find themselves in the middle of it, but they don't know why they're there. So it's not their war, not really. How about the flag carriers? The precious flag. It must not fall. Have you noticed over the past 4 or 5 years, maybe longer, that flags are at a rather steady half staff all the time? This is part of the victim industry which is huge. I believe that war is a necessary thing, instinctively, that somehow we need it. It used to be nationalism that fueled war, but there is not enough real nationalism in our country to support a war, especially if the draft comes back. And if it ever does I want to see women drafted too. I want them on the front lines, the deep trenches, right there with the male meat waiting to be tenderized by sizzling bullets. But let's get off the woman/dude thing a minute, please - we were talking about something else. Oh yeah, nationalism. We have an all volunteer military consisting mainly of directionless mentally troubled assholes, some, maybe most psychotic. Nobody really supports them. But now the COVID thing along with other media fueled socially relevant bullshit has become the rallying cry. Medical people are referred to as our 'front line people'. Our heroes. Part of the massive first responder brigade requiring one disaster after another to keep in business. It seems in some way to revolve mostly around victimhood one way or another. Now you are a victim too as I force you to read my long and probably very poorly written blather blast.

I wish these fucking posts were all better positioned, easier to find, and most of all just fucking worth my effort.

Re: Oxtail soup

<69ac001f-dc9c-4f98-a2be-8df71a589a7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4164&group=alt.life.sucks#4164

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 16:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 23:42 UTC

> I wish these fucking posts were all better positioned, easier to find, and most of all just fucking worth my effort.

The secret - which I'm not sure you deserve to know, or have the guts to accept - is in the final word of your post - effort. Your effort. In order to advance and find happiness in your life - I know what I'm saying because I was a rehab counselor for 40 years - you will need to rid yourself of all vestiges of effort. Not just try less, but not try at all. Just let it flow. Hey, notice how 'flow' rhymes with 'Bozo'?

Go with the flow
Don't you know
If you're looking for success or a pocketful or dough
I can tell you exactly where you need most to go
You've got to go to the flow
Get in the flow and go daddy go
Get rid of the shovel
Get rid of the hoe
Eliminate work
Then go daddy go
Come down to earth, be a regular Joe
Don't strive to go high, don't strive to go low
To all efforts to strive say, "No daddy no"
No forward, no backwards - just keep the status quo
Drift on that boat, don't row daddy row
Reap the results of what other fates sow
Don't rush around blindly
Take what comes slow
On the ladder of effort
The lower rungs glow
With a message of hope for a clown filled with woe
That message of hope is "Just go with the flow"

To hell with effort. Am I getting through to you? How hard is it going to be for me to get my point across to you on this? How much effort must I put into saving you from your own destruction?

Re: Oxtail soup

<41432e6e-32d5-44c3-931d-f1cd702503c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4187&group=alt.life.sucks#4187

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:17:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 04:17 UTC

On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 7:42:18 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I wish these fucking posts were all better positioned, easier to find, and most of all just fucking worth my effort.
> The secret - which I'm not sure you deserve to know, or have the guts to accept - is in the final word of your post - effort. Your effort. In order to advance and find happiness in your life - I know what I'm saying because I was a rehab counselor for 40 years - you will need to rid yourself of all vestiges of effort. Not just try less, but not try at all. Just let it flow. Hey, notice how 'flow' rhymes with 'Bozo'?
>
> Go with the flow
> Don't you know
> If you're looking for success or a pocketful or dough
> I can tell you exactly where you need most to go
> You've got to go to the flow
> Get in the flow and go daddy go
> Get rid of the shovel
> Get rid of the hoe
> Eliminate work
> Then go daddy go
> Come down to earth, be a regular Joe
> Don't strive to go high, don't strive to go low
> To all efforts to strive say, "No daddy no"
> No forward, no backwards - just keep the status quo
> Drift on that boat, don't row daddy row
> Reap the results of what other fates sow
> Don't rush around blindly
> Take what comes slow
> On the ladder of effort
> The lower rungs glow
> With a message of hope for a clown filled with woe
> That message of hope is "Just go with the flow"
>
> To hell with effort. Am I getting through to you? How hard is it going to be for me to get my point across to you on this? How much effort must I put into saving you from your own destruction?

Applause

Re: Oxtail soup

<35b8b33c-2f9e-42c9-bb17-60141bbdacf8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4190&group=alt.life.sucks#4190

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 22:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 05:59 UTC

> Applause

I usually don't reply to LOLs or even 'applause' which is the primo prize, but in this case the word itself has inspired me to ask you if you remember the stupid question everyone was asking back in the 60s and 70s, I think from the book "Catcher in the Rye" - "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" I always thought that was a stupid question with probably many answers, one of which came to me on a a Cannon episode the other night when Cannon was playing a game of pool with somebody and the guy made a good shot and Cannon pumps his cue stick up and down a few times on the floor. This was seen often in poolrooms. It's a sign of recognition, acknowledging a good shot, even though at the moment he at the moment he is so resentful that even as he uses one hand to applaud the shot with his cue stick, he has enough fury in the other to strangle his opponent to death with the other.

Re: Oxtail soup

<dabb473b-e92e-4095-83e6-3cd865caaf87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4478&group=alt.life.sucks#4478

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:57 UTC

On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 2:37:15 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I already admit that yours' is the greatest news group. You're also
> > right that they don't appreciate me there. That's why I must keep
> > posting to those ungrateful bastards. People must be made to understand
> > that fat women have rights too! I would ask for help but I understand
> > that some battles must be fought alone.
> I like the food group. The helpful ones over there make it good. The Dsl1 person is very helpful. I do not force threads on those people. But if one changes topic and I like the way it rolls I will go with it. Some people - and I believe you are one of them Judith - like to lay down the law with the newbies. I have seen it. Not just you. From the few newsgroups I have visited I have determined it is not unique to any one group - they are all the same with some people feeling more in charge, usually because they were there first. But I have also noticed that some members who have been there a long time and are very helpful also do not complain about topics changing within threads - they simply move on from them. The ones who complain are part of the problem they complain about - maybe even the main reason. Personally I think the food group is very well run and most of the people are helpful with a few snob types sticking out as always. You know the type. They devote each day to putting down trolls (newcomers who don't accept their philosophies to the letter), but without the trolls they would have nothing to talk about. It's that way in lots of groups. But the food group seems busy and strong. I would not try to improve it. Sometimes trying to improve things destroys them. Like that typewriter I threw against the wall in my 20s.. It had a stuck key and I tried to fix it. I did fix it. But it made other keys around it bend. Each new attempt to fix it resulted in more unintended damage until finally I just snapped and threw it against the wall.
>
> "There, that'll fix you."

Then I'd prolly say you needed a Jew to fix if you really wanted it fixed but then what would a Jew want with a typewriter if he's got a "typist" eh Tommy?

Re: Oxtail soup

<c0363c71-b005-426e-9902-61454c6cbf7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4479&group=alt.life.sucks#4479

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:59:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:59 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 8:11:01 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Someone told me that they once heard Bozo say "I'm not a racist, I
> > just hate niggers". Please don't put me in that category. I think if I
> > had been around back in the days of slavery, I'd have been a good
> > master. My slaves would have loved me. Does that sound like a racist
> > to you? Bozo would have been one of those mean sons of bitches; hated
> > by all his slaves. Since Bozo and I are the only Jews here, your
> > statement that I'm the most racist after Bozo is technically true.
> LOL, "Someone told me................." I always like statements that start out that way, like the whole world is sitting around talking about Bozo. "Yo, what's the latest on Bozo - any word?"
>
> Actually, in the long run the mean slaves were kinder than the gentle ones. When you love your slaves it encourages slave recidivism. They keep coming back. The mean ones control them tough, yes. But when they run away they stay gone, they don't keep coming back. When you shower them with love as you say you would do you are enabling the slave trade. Please remember that..

Rare truth from a clown like you. Or as negroes say "Tru dat".

Re: Oxtail soup

<skqkii$5rb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4488&group=alt.life.sucks#4488

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:50:53 -0400
<atmvigtjbcartnogt2m57fps6ihm9esu05@4ax.com>
<2f60e74b-fba3-478a-bc51-a0e5e1fe30c4n@googlegroups.com>
<c0363c71-b005-426e-9902-61454c6cbf7dn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 02:50 UTC

On 10/20/2021 1:59 PM, bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 8:11:01 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Someone told me that they once heard Bozo say "I'm not a racist, I
>>> just hate niggers". Please don't put me in that category. I think if I
>>> had been around back in the days of slavery, I'd have been a good
>>> master. My slaves would have loved me. Does that sound like a racist
>>> to you? Bozo would have been one of those mean sons of bitches; hated
>>> by all his slaves. Since Bozo and I are the only Jews here, your
>>> statement that I'm the most racist after Bozo is technically true.
>> LOL, "Someone told me................." I always like statements that start out that way, like the whole world is sitting around talking about Bozo. "Yo, what's the latest on Bozo - any word?"
>>
>> Actually, in the long run the mean slaves were kinder than the gentle ones. When you love your slaves it encourages slave recidivism. They keep coming back. The mean ones control them tough, yes. But when they run away they stay gone, they don't keep coming back. When you shower them with love as you say you would do you are enabling the slave trade. Please remember that.
>
> Rare truth from a clown like you. Or as negroes say "Tru dat".

Ebonics, LOL!!

Re: Oxtail soup

<e08f163d-ae60-465b-8493-53ca4de2ff2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4536&group=alt.life.sucks#4536

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 00:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 07:09 UTC

> Actually, in the long run the mean slaves were kinder than the gentle ones. When you love your slaves it encourages slave recidivism. They keep coming back. The mean ones control them tough, yes. But when they run away they stay gone, they don't keep coming back. When you shower them with love as you say you would do you are enabling the slave trade. Please remember that.

> Rare truth from a clown like you. Or as negroes say "Tru dat".

> Ebonics, LOL!!

"S'all good as long as I gets mines."

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: Oxtail soup