From: her...@is.invalid (JAB)
Newsgroups: sci.misc
Subject: World's tallest wooden wind turbine
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 11:55:49 -0500
 by: JAB - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:55 UTC

World's tallest wooden wind turbine starts turning

What is made from the same wood as a Christmas tree, held together by
glue and manufactured in a Swedish factory for assembly later?

If that calls to mind flat-pack furniture and meatballs, you're wrong.

If you answered "a wooden wind turbine", you could be a visionary.

According to Modvion, the Swedish start-up that has just built the
world's tallest wooden turbine tower, using wood for wind power is the
future.
It's 150m (492ft) to the tip of the highest blade and we are the first
journalists to be invited to have a look inside. The 2 megawatt
generator on top has just started supplying electricity to the Swedish
grid, providing power for about 400 homes

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67718719

Re: World's tallest wooden wind turbine

<1qrnvd2.n8p5d4szouudN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=222&group=sci.misc#222

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: sci.misc
Subject: Re: World's tallest wooden wind turbine
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:25:12 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

JAB <here@is.invalid> wrote:

> World's tallest wooden wind turbine starts turning

> What is made from the same wood as a Christmas tree, held together by
> glue and manufactured in a Swedish factory for assembly later?
>
> If that calls to mind flat-pack furniture and meatballs, you're wrong.
>
> If you answered "a wooden wind turbine", you could be a visionary.
>
> According to Modvion, the Swedish start-up that has just built the
> world's tallest wooden turbine tower, using wood for wind power is the
> future.
> It's 150m (492ft) to the tip of the highest blade and we are the first
> journalists to be invited to have a look inside. The 2 megawatt
> generator on top has just started supplying electricity to the Swedish
> grid, providing power for about 400 homes
>
> <https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67718719>

Nice, thanks for the link.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

tech / sci.misc / World's tallest wooden wind turbine