From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Re: MLB Network and ESPN can't read MLB standings.
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:17:15 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 02:17 UTC

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:28:59 -0700, Jon Rossen <jonr17@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I watched two of the four Padres/Dodgers game; one on MLB network and
>the last one, the Sunday night game on ESPN. In both cases the idiot
>announcers conveniently ignored the fact that the Giants are in 2nd
>place. Look I get it; the Padres beefed up their team so the talking
>heads need to create excitement about a hot rivalry. But what I can't
>stand is when they bend reality to do it. Listening to these idiots
>pontificate about the 3rd place, one game over .500 Padres as of a few
>days ago was mind numbing. They conveniently forgot the historic
>Giants/Dodgers rivalry as easily as they ignored the fact that the
>Giants are in second place ahead of the Padres. If they want to
>continue to promote their narrative of Padres/Dodgers at least do it in
>an environment where facts are acknowledged.
>
>-jon rossen

They didn't mentioon the Giants being tied with the Dodgers yesterday.
Late hour or the usualy bias.

Re: MLB Network and ESPN can't read MLB standings.

<s6g148$sfh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#56

From: jon...@comcast.net (Jon Rossen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 21:29:59 -0700
 by: Jon Rossen - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 04:29 UTC

On 4/27/2021 7:17 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:28:59 -0700, Jon Rossen <jonr17@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I watched two of the four Padres/Dodgers game; one on MLB network and
>> the last one, the Sunday night game on ESPN. In both cases the idiot
>> announcers conveniently ignored the fact that the Giants are in 2nd
>> place. Look I get it; the Padres beefed up their team so the talking
>> heads need to create excitement about a hot rivalry. But what I can't
>> stand is when they bend reality to do it. Listening to these idiots
>> pontificate about the 3rd place, one game over .500 Padres as of a few
>> days ago was mind numbing. They conveniently forgot the historic
>> Giants/Dodgers rivalry as easily as they ignored the fact that the
>> Giants are in second place ahead of the Padres. If they want to
>> continue to promote their narrative of Padres/Dodgers at least do it in
>> an environment where facts are acknowledged.
>>
>> -jon rossen
>
> They didn't mentioon the Giants being tied with the Dodgers yesterday.
> Late hour or the usualy bias.

They'll just keep ignoring it because it doesn't fit their narrative.
As of this evening, with the Dodger loss to the Brewers, the Giants are
now in 1st in the division. I almost expect ESPN and MLB network to
show the standings with the correct numbers but with the Dodgers at the
top of the graphic of the standings list should they choose to display
it. :-) They'll doctor it...maybe with a Sharpie like Trump did for
the hurricane because it didn't fit his narrative. :-)

-jon rossen

Re: MLB Network and ESPN can't read MLB standings.

<im8c9gd7v7u7daanf1dg8gc2einqqjdd40@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=58&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#58

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 19:43:05 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Sat, 8 May 2021 05:43 UTC

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:17:15 -1000, John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:28:59 -0700, Jon Rossen <jonr17@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I watched two of the four Padres/Dodgers game; one on MLB network and
>>the last one, the Sunday night game on ESPN. In both cases the idiot
>>announcers conveniently ignored the fact that the Giants are in 2nd
>>place. Look I get it; the Padres beefed up their team so the talking
>>heads need to create excitement about a hot rivalry. But what I can't
>>stand is when they bend reality to do it. Listening to these idiots
>>pontificate about the 3rd place, one game over .500 Padres as of a few
>>days ago was mind numbing. They conveniently forgot the historic
>>Giants/Dodgers rivalry as easily as they ignored the fact that the
>>Giants are in second place ahead of the Padres. If they want to
>>continue to promote their narrative of Padres/Dodgers at least do it in
>>an environment where facts are acknowledged.
>>
>>-jon rossen
>
>They didn't mentioon the Giants being tied with the Dodgers yesterday.
>Late hour or the usualy bias.

Well they can't ignore them anymore. Not only are they still in first
place in the West, they're 1.5 ahead of the Padres and 2.5 ahead of
tthe Bums.

Washed up Buister Posey hit his 8th home run and is just 3 points away
from hitting .400. That's pretty good, especially in a lineup fill of
..200 hitters.

The team never had a position run differrential last year, but they
have a +31 diff after today's win over the Padres. I'm not sure what's
ailing the Bums, but it's put them in a tight 2-8 spiral over the last
10 games.

At least Willie got the headlines on his birthday today. :)

sport / alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants / Re: MLB Network and ESPN can't read MLB standings.