From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:35:50 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:35 UTC

Elizabeth Holmes: Theranos founder convicted of fraud
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59734254?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 5:29 AM
A jury found the Silicon Valley ex-CEO guilty on four of 11 counts after seven days of deliberations.
--------------------
Prince Andrew accuser’s 2009 deal with Jeffrey Epstein made public
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59861831?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:10 AM
It shows Virginia Giuffre agreed not to sue anyone who could be described as a "potential defendant".
--------------------
More Covid absences expected as UK schools go back
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-59761865?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 4:00 AM
Pupils across the UK are heading back to class amid fears of staff shortages and remote learning.
--------------------
Pardons extended to all abolished same-sex crimes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59863140?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 4:40 AM
More people, living or dead, will be eligible to have historical convictions wiped from their records.
--------------------
Wright beat Smith in thriller to win second world darts title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/59855213?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 11:43 PM
Scotland's Peter Wright overcomes England's Michael Smith 7-5 to win his second PDC World Darts Championship.
--------------------
China: Xi'an residents in lockdown trade for food amid shortage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59864266?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 4:25 AM
Faced with low supplies under lockdown, some have resorted to bartering phones and gadgets for food.
--------------------
Keir Starmer: Labour needs to earn the public's trust
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59862654?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 5:00 AM
Sir Keir Starmer says just because the Tories are losing trust it does not mean his party inherits it.
--------------------
Covid: Cinema & Co flouted ban to show conspiracy film
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59853848?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 6:11 AM
Cinema & Co was ordered to close after breaking Covid rules, but showed a film by David Icke's son.
--------------------
Hong Kong: Activist gets 15 month jail term for Tiananmen vigil
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59864810?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 5:51 AM
Chow Hang Tung was found guilty of inciting others last year to commemorate the crackdown.
--------------------
Brazil's Bolsonaro in hospital with intestinal blockage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-59833267?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 11:36 PM
President Jair Bolsonaro, who was stabbed in 2018, says doctors are evaluating potential surgery.
--------------------
Apple becomes first firm to hit $3tn market value
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59864059?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 3:56 AM
The firm's value more than doubled during the pandemic as people bought more gadgets during lockdowns.
--------------------
David Bowie: Singer's estate sells rights to his entire body of work to WCM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59860096?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 7:55 PM
Warner Chappell Music say they are "immensely proud" to be "chosen as caretakers".
--------------------
The Papers: NHS staffing 'crisis' and 'secret' Epstein deal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-59863349?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 5:33 AM
The front pages focus on Covid's impact on the NHS and a 2009 deal between Epstein and Virginia Giuffre.
--------------------
The rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59863739?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:30 AM
The founder of the once promising start-up Theranos has been found guilty of fraud. What went wrong?
--------------------
Pembrokeshire: Stranded starfish on Welsh beaches
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59862147?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 6:45 PM
Extreme weather and big tides are often the cause of sea life washing up on beaches say experts.
--------------------
Watching North Korea from a supersonic fighter jet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59763426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:02 AM
BBC correspondent Laura Bicker reports from a supersonic fighter jet on South Korea’s drive to build up its own war machine.
--------------------
Africa's lost 'Motown' years rediscovered
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59814182?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:02 AM
African music from the 1980s is being digitised thanks to a young Parisian producer.
--------------------
Israeli photographer captures unique bird spoon image
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59748062?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 1:31 PM
Wildlife photographer Albert Keshet said it was one of the most amazing pictures he had ever taken.
--------------------
Hungry goats recycle Christmas trees - and disrupt interviews
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59857885?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 1:48 PM
These goats at a London farm are part of an unusual way to recycle Christmas trees.
--------------------
Emily in Paris: Ukraine complains over Kyiv character stereotype
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59855440?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 2, 2022, 11:08 PM
Ukraine's culture minister has described the portrayal of a character from Kyiv as "insulting".
--------------------
NHS hospital uses robot technology
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57756988?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 6:41 AM
Southmead hospital in Bristol is using robots to help improve services.
--------------------
Why BlackBerry held the tiny keys to my heart
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59859817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 1:41 AM
The classic smartphone's life comes to an end on 4 January as the firm switches off support.
--------------------
Sound Of 2022: Mimi Webb makes music to break up to... as her ex-boyfriend found out
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59733287?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:00 AM
Inspired by Adele, the singer's emotionally-charged music even led to the end of her own relationship.
--------------------
How my pregnancy led to a life-changing diagnosis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59761346?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 2:21 AM
Helena Merriman was diagnosed with otosclerosis, which causes hearing loss, after her second child was born.
--------------------
'I was a heroin addict - now I'm guarding Buckingham Palace'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-59818527?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 11:39 PM
How a heroin addict got himself off drugs to become a Scots Guard.
--------------------
Is there a better way to make new resolutions stick?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59696196?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 12:03 AM
There are lots of apps that promise to make you healthier and happier but are they any good?
--------------------
How Falklands War and rugby led to 40-year friendship
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59838958?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 7:05 AM
How Argentine prisoner of war and his Welsh guard struck an unlikely friendship on a mutinous ship.
--------------------
Richard Leakey - fossil expert, conservationist and politician
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59833131?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 3:13 PM
The achievements of Richard Leakey, who has died aged 77, were as remarkable as they were diverse.
--------------------
Oo Antava: Why a song calling out men is under fire for sleaze
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-59808739?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 2:58 AM
A new hit song which claims to subvert the male gaze is accused of, in fact, objectifying women.
--------------------
Memorial: Russia’s civil rights group uncovering an uncomfortable past
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59853010?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 2, 2022, 2:42 PM
Memorial, one of the oldest civil rights groups in Russia, was uncovering uncomfortable truths for the authorities.
--------------------
'I didn't think we were all together' - Shaw questions Man Utd attitude but praises 'phenomenal' Jones
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59863242?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 10:08 PM
BBC Sport's Simon Stone takes a closer look at a miserable night for Manchester United after a 1-0 defeat to Wolves.
--------------------
Broad recalled by England for fourth Ashes Test
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59863563?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 7:12 AM
Bowler Stuart Broad is recalled by England for the fourth Ashes Test against Australia in Sydney, replacing Ollie Robinson.
--------------------
Who is 'back to the player he was'? - Garth Crooks' team of the week
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 10:29 PM
Who has lost his selfish streak? Who has superb feet? Garth Crooks reveals all in his latest Team of the Week.
--------------------
More twists and turns to come? How the WSL title race is shaping up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59827391?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 6:21 AM
The Women's Super League title race remains nicely poised going into the new year, but who will come out on top?
--------------------
How to build a 26-strong squad in three days with no money - and still reach the play-offs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59746860?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2022, 6:59 AM
How one manager assembled a 26-man squad at three days' notice and took them to the play-offs.
--------------------
'You're constantly in pain - but I wouldn't change Christmas schedule'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59854943?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 4:57 PM
MOTD2 pundit Jermaine Jenas says the hectic Christmas fixture list - part of English football history - can define your season.
--------------------
Omicron: Will schools stay open in January?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51643556?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 2, 2022, 7:57 AM
A number of schools across the UK are preparing to switch to online learning after Christmas.
--------------------
Omicron symptoms: Is a runny nose a cold or Covid?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54145299?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 12:39 PM
Could a runny nose be a sign you have Omicron?
--------------------
What are the new Covid rules for the UK?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 30, 2021, 11:02 AM
Covid rules have been strengthened in response to the Omicron variant.
--------------------
What are the Covid self-isolation rules now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 31, 2021, 10:25 AM
People in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can now stop self-isolating after seven days.
--------------------
Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 3, 2022, 7:15 PM
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
--------------------
Omicron: How do I get a lateral flow or PCR Covid test?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51943612?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 30, 2021, 12:03 PM
Many people across the UK are struggling to get lateral flow or PCR tests due to soaring demand.
--------------------
Omicron: What are the rules for face coverings and masks?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 3:28 PM
Face coverings will become compulsory in more places in England from Friday.
--------------------
Omicron: When can I have a booster jab and how do I book one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 31, 2021, 11:31 AM
Booster numbers have reached record levels in the fight against the Omicron variant.
--------------------
What does future warfare look like? It's here already
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59755100?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 30, 2021, 1:55 AM
There's one area where the West is falling dangerously behind Russia and China - hypersonic missiles.
--------------------
Who is Ghislaine Maxwell? The story of her downfall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59733623?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 29, 2021, 11:28 PM
How she went from being the toast of high society to a convicted sex trafficker.
--------------------
Three ways to be more rational this year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59740588?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 1, 2022, 12:54 AM
Harvard psychology professor Steven Pinker discusses three common irrationality traps and offers advice on how to avoid them.
--------------------
‘The doctors came and I had to tell my father he was dying’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-59733533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:04 AM
Is it always appropriate for relatives to interpret for deaf loved ones?

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o BBC News

By: rslight rss feeds on Tue, 4 Jan 2022

0rslight rss feeds