From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:46:31 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:46 UTC

David Nott: The war surgeon helping doctors save lives in Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61195923?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:39 PM
David Nott worked in conflict zones around the world - now he's sharing his expertise to help doctors in Ukraine.
--------------------
Partygate: Removing PM would lead to instability, says Oliver Dowden
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61207801?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 12:30 PM
As some Tories join calls for Boris Johnson to quit over partygate, his chairman says it would bring uncertainty.
--------------------
Labour calls for emergency budget over cost of living crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61207802?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 12:21 PM
Sir Keir Starmer says the government's response to the crisis so far has been "utterly woeful".
--------------------
Luke Symons: Cardiff man freed after five years in Yemen detention
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61209721?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 4:10 PM
Luke Symons, 30, was imprisoned without charge in the war-torn Middle Eastern country since 2017.
--------------------
Angela Rayner: MPs hit back over claims of 'Basic Instinct' tactics to distract PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61208037?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 2:29 PM
An article suggesting Labour's deputy tries to distract the PM in the Commons is roundly condemned.
--------------------
Rio carnival: Brazil holds first Rio de Janeiro carnival since Covid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61205687?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 1:49 AM
Parades fill the streets of Brazil's Rio de Janeiro for the first carnival since the pandemic began.
--------------------
Nigeria oil blast: Nation in trauma after refinery deaths - President Buhari
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61207441?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:54 PM
President Buhari calls the deaths of more than 100 people in an explosion "a national disaster".
--------------------
Breydon Water: Norfolk lifeboat crews rescue 17 people and three pets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61208092?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 4:28 PM
Two boats ran aground in low tide, stranding people overnight and leading to a dramatic rescue.
--------------------
P&O resumes full Cairnryan - Larne service
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61208600?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:57 PM
The sailings were disrupted for several weeks after the company sacked 800 workers last month.
--------------------
Widows in call to jail police killers for life in Scotland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61208595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:51 PM
The wives of two police officers who died in the line of duty want a change to the law in Scotland.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'spring walks'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61166684?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:33 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Police say driver clocked in Ayrshire at ridiculous 148mph
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61203570?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 10:07 AM
Officers said the vehicle "almost flew past them" during a speed check on the A78 in Ayrshire.
--------------------
The Hare Krishna movement on a remote Irish island
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61187112?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:00 PM
A Hare Krishna community that calls an island in County Fermanagh its home, is beginning to grow.
--------------------
Prince Edward and Sophie welcomed on second leg of Caribbean tour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61208485?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 12:32 PM
The Earl and Countess of Wessex continue their tour with a visit to St Vincent and the Grenadines.
--------------------
Harrogate calling: When Eurovision came to Yorkshire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-61150203?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 5:56 AM
Forty years after Eurovision came to a Yorkshire spa town, BBC News speaks to those who were there.
--------------------
Coventry: Vaisakhi celebrated as thousands parade in city
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-61209691?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 1:58 PM
The Sikh event in Coventry saw donations made to several charities, including a Ukrainian group.
--------------------
Colombia election: How TikTok is defining the presidential race
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61162562?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:00 PM
The social media platform has become a battleground as candidates reach out to young voters.
--------------------
'Our lives changed forever when we caught fire'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-61173158?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 7:13 AM
Two cousins are coming to terms with their scars one year on from being burned in an explosion.
--------------------
Prince Louis' fourth birthday marked with beach photos
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61194137?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 6:32 AM
The youngest child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is pictured playing in the sand in Norfolk.
--------------------
Essex student gives period pads to Ukraine refugees
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61168785?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 6:54 AM
Essex student Ella Lambert says there is "a massive need" for sanitary pads as the war continues.
--------------------
Ukraine war: How a school survivor became a target of Russian disinformation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-61176372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:35 PM
The woman caught in a Chernihiv school blast had her story on Instagram targeted by pro-Kremlin accounts.
--------------------
Cooma jail: Prison that was once 'world's only jail for gay men'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-61006503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:36 PM
Set in one of the coldest and windiest small towns in Australia, Cooma prison holds a dark secret.
--------------------
Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte: 'I wouldn't be surprised if Fury does retire, but it's complicated'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/61209007?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:33 PM
It is wholly possible Tyson Fury will retire after beating Dillian Whyte, but he could return for an undisputed clash next year, says BBC Radio 5 Live boxing analyst Steve Bunce.
--------------------
'My negative online review was blocked'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60252909?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 12:30 AM
Regulators are trying to clean up the murky truth in online reviews.
--------------------
Fontaines DC: How a song by the band helped a grieving family to heal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61111995?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:37 PM
The Grammy-nominated band's new album addresses a "lack of acceptance" towards Irish culture.
--------------------
Rwanda genocide: 'I forgave my husband's killer - our children married'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61105532?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:45 PM
The love story of a couple is being used to reconcile Rwandans 28 years after the genocide.
--------------------
Kinder Scout trespass: How mass action 90 years ago won ramblers roaming rights
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-61008955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:38 PM
BBC News remembers the uprising on the uplands and asks what the next steps are for access rights.
--------------------
Earl and Countess of Wessex: Why Grenada wanted to talk to royals about slavery
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61195471?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:27 PM
As the Wessexes cancel their trip, there are demands for an apology from the royals for past abuses.
--------------------
Post Office scandal victims still waiting for compensation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61187241?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:47 PM
A year since the first subpostmasters overturned wrongful convictions, most still await a financial settlement
--------------------
Logan Mwangi murder: 'Jurors should be offered support'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61154398?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 6:15 AM
The Logan Mwangi murder trial was paused several times when jurors found details distressing.
--------------------
Venice Biennale: Ukrainian art exhibition opens in shadow of war
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61186014?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:29 PM
Ukraine showcases its culture at the prestigious arts festival, while protesting against the Russian invasion.
--------------------
Jerusalem holy site clashes fuel fears of return to war
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-61154373?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 7:30 PM
Tensions are high following several days of violence in and around the al-Aqsa Mosque compound.
--------------------
French election: Misinformation targets candidates and voting system
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61179620?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:54 PM
Misinformation has been targeting not just the candidates, but also the voting process itself.
--------------------
Who can still get free Covid tests across the UK and can I buy LFTs?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51943612?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 8:06 AM
Most people in England no longer get free PCRs or LFTs, and rules vary across the rest of the UK.
--------------------
Emilia Romagna Grand Prix: Max Verstappen wins as Charles Leclerc makes costly error
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61209090?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:25 PM
Max Verstappen dominates the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix as title rival Charles Leclerc throws away third place with a costly error.
--------------------
Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte: Fury on retirement after impressive Wembley Stadium knockout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/61208756?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 11:15 AM
WBC champion Tyson Fury says "there is nothing more I can do" as he discusses his potential retirement after a one-punch knockout of Dillian Whyte in the sixth round at Wembley.
--------------------
Chelsea 1-0 West Ham United: Christian Pulisic scores late winner for hosts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61131378?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 3:23 PM
Christian Pulisic's 90th-minute winner helps save team-mate Jorginho's blushes as Chelsea boost their top-four hopes against an understrength West Ham.
--------------------
A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60799845?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 21, 2022, 9:52 AM
Voters in France will go to the polls on Sunday to elect a new president.
--------------------
Emmanuel Macron: From political outsider to president
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61153875?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 9:33 AM
Emmanuel Macron was dismissed as an outsider five years ago. Now, he faces a new challenge: his own record.
--------------------
French election: Far-right Le Pen's long quest for power in France
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61147709?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 9:25 AM
Marine Le Pen has taken France's National Rally to within touching distance of the presidency.
--------------------
Two very different visions for the future
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61140262?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 21, 2022, 3:11 PM
French voters have a big choice to make on public services, immigration and foreign policy.
--------------------
French election: Voters react to the Macron and Le Pen TV debate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61171715?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 21, 2022, 2:26 AM
Days before France votes on its next president, voters react to the televised debate between Le Pen and Macron.
--------------------
How many Ukrainians have fled their homes and where have they gone?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60555472?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:20 AM
The UN says more than 11 million people have fled their homes since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
--------------------
Ukraine war: How Russia replaces Ukrainian media with its own
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61154066?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 12:05 AM
In occupied areas of Ukraine, journalists have been assaulted and only pro-Russian news is available.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Inside Kyiv's trench defences
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61191111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 4:00 PM
Kyiv's defence force remains on high alert, dug into trenches in case of the return of Russian troops.
--------------------
Mariupol: Videos appear to show dead civilians
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61187310?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 3:24 PM
Footage has emerged of more than 20 civilians lying dead along a main road in the city of Mariupol.
--------------------
How can I offer a UK home to Ukrainian refugees?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60735121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 2:32 PM
The government launched two schemes to let Ukrainian refugees come to the UK.
--------------------
Ukraine conflict: What is Nato and how has it responded to Russia's invasion?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18023383?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 1:43 PM
Nato faces one of the biggest challenges in its history with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
--------------------
Ukraine war in maps: Tracking the Russian invasion
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 22, 2022, 11:20 AM
Fighting intensifies in eastern Ukraine as a Russian commander outlines plan to take full control of the south of the country.
--------------------
Why has Russia invaded Ukraine and what does Putin want?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56720589?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 17, 2022, 9:13 AM
Weeks after Russia's leader unleashed war on Ukraine, there is no sign yet of when it will end.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o BBC News

By: rslight rss feeds on Sun, 24 Apr 2022

0rslight rss feeds