From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 20:26:02 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 20:26 UTC

Johnson sets new booster target as he warns of Omicron wave
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59631570?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 8:20 PM
The UK is facing an Omicron emergency, says Boris Johnson, as boosters are offered to all over-18s in England.
--------------------
Verstappen beats Hamilton to win first title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59628024?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 5:58 PM
Red Bull's Max Verstappen wins his first Formula 1 world title in dramatic circumstances at the season finale in Abu Dhabi.
--------------------
Covid: Vaccinated contacts in England told to take daily rapid tests
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59628609?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 3:02 PM
The change will mean those in close contact with the Omicron variant no longer need to self-isolate.
--------------------
Covid: New restrictions in Wales likely within weeks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59628666?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:59 PM
Wales' health minister says changes could be made to deal with the Omicron variant.
--------------------
PM Boris Johnson took part in No 10 Christmas quiz last year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59625432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:51 PM
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says it appears Boris Johnson has breached Covid laws at the event.
--------------------
Petra Srncova: Body found in search for missing hospital worker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59631639?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 7:33 PM
Formal identification is yet to take place but Petra Srncova's family has been informed, police say.
--------------------
Royal Mail staff absences almost double levels of 2018
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59629707?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:00 PM
A source with close knowledge of the firm said there were widespread problems due to sickness and demand.
--------------------
Instagram influencer received 'hundreds' of obscene photos
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59615944?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 10:39 AM
Podcaster Jess Davies is among those who want to see cyber-flashing criminalised.
--------------------
Russia Ukraine: Massive consequences if Moscow invades, G7 says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59627275?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 3:23 PM
Moscow is amassing troops on Ukraine's border, but President Putin insists they pose no threat.
--------------------
Kensington: Gun found after west London fatal shooting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59629490?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 2:49 PM
Officers were responding to reports of a man with a firearm at a bank and bookmakers, police say.
--------------------
Kentucky tornadoes: Desperate search for survivors as death toll rises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59623970?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:44 PM
At least 94 people are dead, many more are missing and entire towns have been destroyed.
--------------------
Shadwell death: Girl, 11, dies as chemicals found in east London building
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59628766?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:23 PM
The Met Police says a number of other people in the same address reported feeling unwell.
--------------------
Anne Rice, author of Interview with the Vampire, dies aged 80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59627125?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 10:21 AM
The American author was best known for her 1976 gothic novel Interview with the Vampire.
--------------------
ICYMI: House breaks Christmas tree world record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59602724?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:05 AM
Record-breaking decorations you have to see to believe and other festive stories you may have missed.
--------------------
'My hand was saved by stitching it to my chest'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59548902?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:02 AM
Martin Shaw thought he would lose his hand after he severely injured it in a car crash.
--------------------
Kentucky weatherman films tornado 'ground zero'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59623945?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 5:15 PM
Meteorologist Noah Bergren shows the BBC the "utter devastation" of the tornadoes in the town of Mayfield.
--------------------
Storybook reindeer helps kids with brain injuries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59615914?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 9:15 AM
A new children's book is helping families raise awareness about the effects of brain injuries.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'misty mornings'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-59577949?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:13 AM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Chesterfield boys shave heads to support friend with cancer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-59605939?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 7:24 AM
The boys, who are all Year 9 pupils, are raising money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
--------------------
Houses of Parliament: The search for people to save palace buildings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59602142?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 12:01 AM
The Palace of Westminster requires urgent repair, but a skills shortage means fresh talent is needed.
--------------------
The woman who digs for the truth in mass graves
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-59587051?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 1:00 AM
Mercedes Doretti has dedicated her life to searching for victims of war and state violence, as part of the Argentine Forensic Anthropology Team.
--------------------
Watch: Ros Atkins on… Compulsory Covid vaccinations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59609452?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 12:02 AM
Ros Atkins examines the ethical arguments surrounding vaccine mandates.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 4-10 December 2021
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-59607504?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 12:53 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken this week.
--------------------
Meth and heroin fuel Afghanistan drugs boom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59608474?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:18 AM
With a collapsing economy and severe drought, Afghanistan’s drug trade is on the rise.
--------------------
Max Verstappen: Formula 1's 'bull fighter' & the family that shaped him
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59555388?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 2:49 PM
Max Verstappen was born to be an F1 driver - both his parents were racers. But his father effectively programmed him as one, too.
--------------------
Mexico truck crash: 'I woke up 50 metres from the truck'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-59620096?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:02 AM
A survivor of a crash that killed 54 speaks to the BBC about the people who did not survive.
--------------------
The technology helping keep women safe on the streets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59520815?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:28 AM
There are plenty of apps which can make women feel safer on a night out.
--------------------
Storm Arwen: Why power cuts left people unable to phone for help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-59564480?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 1:10 AM
People with new digital phone lines were unable to call for help during the Storm Arwen power cuts.
--------------------
The priests navigating Colombia's conflict zones
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-59506656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:31 AM
Catholic clergy are sometimes the only ones who can access areas where armed groups are active.
--------------------
The Nigerian woman whose life changed when she visited a leprosy colony
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59578223?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:35 AM
A Nigerian woman living in the US never imagined that leprosy still existed in her home country.
--------------------
Women's safety: Why I shared pictures of my assault online
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59466693?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 1:46 AM
Student Reegan Kay posted on Twitter about being assaulted on her way home from a night out.
--------------------
Finnish teacher who secretly taught IS children in Syrian camps by text
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59577375?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 12:24 AM
Using WhatsApp, Ilona Taimela found a novel way to educate Finnish children held in a Syrian camp.
--------------------
Stephen Port: How Met failings contributed to the deaths of three men
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59576717?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 1:18 PM
A look at the failings by the Met Police, which contributed to the deaths of serial killer Stephen Port's final three victims.
--------------------
Ghislaine Maxwell: Key moments in the trial so far
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59527051?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 10:06 PM
Ghislaine Maxwell is accused of grooming girls for abuse by late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
--------------------
Rosie Kay: Dancers write open letter to choreographer after gender row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59584638?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 11, 2021, 12:16 AM
Choreographer Rosie Kay says she was forced out of her company over her views on sex and gender.
--------------------
Verstappen is champion but Mercedes intend to appeal after protests rejected
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59631659?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 7:48 PM
Formula 1 officials reject two protests by Mercedes against the result of the controversial title-deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
--------------------
Gallagher inspires Crystal Palace to win over Everton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59536751?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 6:57 PM
Everton's wretched season continues as fans boo Rafael Benitez's decision to substitute Richarlison during another defeat at Crystal Palace.
--------------------
Leicester City 4-0 Newcastle United: Youri Tielemans scores twice as Foxes bounce back from Europa League exit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59536750?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:18 PM
Leicester City bounced back from their Europa League exit to earn an emphatic Premier League victory over Newcastle United at the King Power Stadium.
--------------------
Sale hold off Ospreys comeback for opening-round Champions Cup success
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59605370?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 3:06 PM
Sale overcome a second-half Ospreys fightback to claim victory in the Heineken Champions Cup opening round in Swansea.
--------------------
Omicron: What are the new Covid rules for the UK?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 2:00 PM
Covid rules are being strengthened in response to the Omicron variant.
--------------------
Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 4:37 PM
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
--------------------
Covid map: Coronavirus cases, deaths, vaccinations by country
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 6, 2021, 11:06 AM
Key maps and charts explaining how the virus has spread around the world.
--------------------
Omicron: Should I be working from home now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52567567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 4:37 PM
People across the UK are now being advised to work at home where possible.
--------------------
Omicron: What are the Covid self-isolation rules now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 1:54 PM
The rules around self-isolation have changed across the UK because of the Omicron variant.
--------------------
Covid: Who can have a booster jab and how can you get one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 8:09 PM
Everyone over the age of 18 in England can get a booster from Monday.
--------------------
Covid vaccine: How many people are vaccinated in the UK?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 6:04 PM
A look at the progress made in vaccinating the country's population, as more than 51 million people have received at least one dose.
--------------------
Omicron: What are the rules for face coverings and masks?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 3:28 PM
Face coverings will become compulsory in more places in England from Friday.
--------------------
Covid rules: What are the restrictions in your area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54373904?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 10:51 AM
Use our search tool to find out about coronavirus rules and restrictions where you live.
--------------------
Covid passports: Where will I need a pass and how do I get one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:38 PM
England has announced a Covid passport scheme for entry to some venues.
--------------------
Do I need to wear a mask at a gig? And other questions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 12:25 PM
Covid rules have been strengthened in response to concern over the newly-identified Omicron variant.
--------------------
Plan B: How will the changes affect the economy?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59584003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:00 AM
Nightclubs, restaurants and shops could be hit by new Covid curbs, but many firms are well placed to cope.
--------------------
Allegra Stratton quits: Watch her tearful apology after No 10 Christmas party video
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59584418?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 4:04 PM
Watch as PM adviser Allegra Stratton offers her "profound apologies" after the leaked video of party remarks.
--------------------
Nightclubs warn Covid passports will have 'devastating' impact
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59579503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 8:01 AM
Nightclubs say the pre-Christmas period is "absolutely crucial" for the sector.
--------------------
What are the travel rules for France, the US, and other popular destinations?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56997931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 6:15 PM
What you need to know about visiting France, Spain, Italy, US, Ireland, Germany and Greece.
--------------------
Downing Street party: Who is Allegra Stratton and why has she quit?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59576697?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 6:31 PM
A profile of the woman who has resigned over unguarded comments about a No 10 lockdown party in a video.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg challenges PM over new restrictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59584836?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 6:51 PM
Amid the fallout from the Christmas party row, Boris Johnson is asked how he can tell people they must now follow new instructions.
--------------------
Omicron: How do you detect it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59460252?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 12:33 PM
Swabs from PCR tests can help identify omicron, but genetic analysis is needed to confirm it.
--------------------
Omicron: What Covid tests do I need if I travel abroad?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52544307?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 12:00 PM
There are now pre- and post-arrival tests for travellers to the UK.
--------------------
What are the Covid variants and will vaccines still work?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55659820?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:26 PM
A new Covid variant has emerged that looks worryingly different to the one vaccines were designed to fight.
--------------------
Covid: What are the social distancing rules across the UK?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 10, 2021, 4:30 PM
Some companies are cancelling Christmas parties over Omicron fears, but what do the rules say?
--------------------
Sam Tompkins: From busking for pocket money to hanging out with Justin Bieber
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59496204?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 8:01 AM
Newsbeat speaks to Sam Tompkins about his journey and hanging out with his "hero" Justin Bieber.
--------------------
Afghan family given home by BBC viewer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59510521?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2021, 7:19 AM
A former British army Afghan interpreter is given a new home by a woman who was moved by his story.
--------------------
Lara Croft: 25 years of Tomb Raider and a British gaming icon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59505737?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 12:40 AM
The team behind Lara Croft talk to Newsbeat about her history and where she goes next.
--------------------
Hand cycling has given me my freedom back
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-59514294?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 5, 2021, 9:01 AM
Amputee Neil Russell is planning to embark on a challenge to cycle around Scotland on his hand bike.
--------------------
'I thought I'd forever regret not taking the opportunity'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59560538?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:00 AM
A growing number of people are deciding to switch to a career that has a positive impact.
--------------------
Afghan women: Secret diaries of changing lives
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59578618?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:18 AM
Five women's secret diary posts, sent to the BBC, reveal how deeply the Taliban takeover has affected them.
--------------------
The ‘gals’ behind Samoa’s first woman PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59569649?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 1:31 AM
Samoa's first woman prime minister has been supported throughout her career by a group of powerful female friends.
--------------------
Juan Jose Florian: Colombia's Para-cycling 'superhero' and his dramatic life story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/59524921?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 12:00 AM
Juan Jose Florian was forced into armed conflict on the opposite side to family. When a bomb nearly killed him, sport helped heal.
--------------------
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: A life cut short by cruelty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59400890?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2021, 4:17 PM
The six-year-old was beaten, starved and isolated by his father and stepmother before he was killed.
--------------------
‘It’s like hell in here’: The struggle to save Afghanistan's starving babies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59419962?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2021, 12:01 AM
Doctors in Afghanistan’s crisis-hit hospitals are caring for their patients in almost impossible conditions.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o BBC News

By: rslight rss feeds on Sun, 12 Dec 2021

0rslight rss feeds