From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: End of oil economy ?
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 23:07:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 4 Feb 2020 23:07 UTC

anon wrote:

> I found that one really interesting:
> https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8848g5/government-agency-warns-global-oil-industry-is-on-the-brink-of-a-meltdown

> tldr: the next economic crisis is just around the corner (or has maybe already started), this time because of the fact that getting to the remaining oil resources is unprofitable already now.

> Mind you, I think this is a wonderful thought, because it means that we might still have a chance to combat the climate catastrophe. Question is, is it true or not ? Anyone with expert knowledge here ?

I have no expert knowledge but we've been hearing about the decline and issues of oil for decades. I don't think anything will change until it's no longer profitable. It's a product that leads to wars, destruction and hate, but those profiting also profit from those things.

All the alternatives don't really compete for generating power, but could really grow if the kind of money blown in oil and wars were pumped into these alternatives.

Follow the money. If millions need to die or starve or live in hell, that's just fine (and profitable) to those in this part of the "world economy".

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

SubjectRepliesAuthor