All things are possible, except for skiing through a revolving door.

interests / rocksolid.social / None

SubjectAuthor
* Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' ContentAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' ContentAnonymous
+- Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' ContentAnonymous
+- Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' ContentAnonUser
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' ContentAnonUser
+* NoneAnonymous
|`- NoneAnonUser
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
`* NoneAnonymous
 `- NoneMei

1
Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content

<e8b17dff2911b1f7fba1faecbd34c277$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=94&group=rocksolid.social#94

From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:20:37 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:20 UTC

Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content [Update: And The Subreddit Has Gone Private]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/discord-bans-rwallstreetbets-server-for-hateful-content-5bupdate-and-the-subreddit-has-gone-private-5d/ar-BB1d9wPj

Ethan Gach

WallStreetBets, the subreddit behind engineering GameStop’s record-shattering stock price surge over the past week, has been banned from Discord for hate speech, The Verge reports.
icon © Image: Discord

GameStop’s stock doubled today, rising from the previous day’s record of over $150 to a new peak of over $300 a share, all because day traders on the WallStreetBets subreddit decided to try to stick it to the investment world’s big hedge funds. It’s become a big internet joke, but one with real world consequences, including Discord banning the subreddit’s server.

GameStop Stock Drama Continues As Price Soars And Hedge Fund Blinks

“The server has been on our Trust & Safety team’s radar for some time due to occasional content that violates our Community Guidelines, including hate speech, glorifying violence, and spreading misinformation,” Discord told The Verge in a statement. “Over the past few months, we have issued multiple warnings to the server admin.”

The chat platform went on:

Today, we decided to remove the server and its owner from Discord for continuing to allow hateful and discriminatory content after repeated warnings.

To be clear, we did not ban this server due to financial fraud related to GameStop or other stocks. Discord welcomes a broad variety of personal finance discussions, from investment clubs and day traders to college students and professional financial advisors. We are monitoring this situation and in the event there are allegations of illegal activities, we will cooperate with authorities as appropriate.

In addition to upending the market for certain stocks, like AMC and Blackberry, WallStreetBets is, not surprisingly, also a bastion of internet edgelords. “Like 4chan found a Bloomberg Terminal,” reads the Reddit community’s description. Commenters there regularly use offensive terms to refer to each other, and also invoke homophobic slurs and other hate speech.

It’s unclear how much of this speech was also present on the subreddit’s Discord server, or for how long until the platform finally decided to act. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Update - 7:00 p.m. ET, 1/27/21: The WallStreetBets subreddit was set to private sometime shortly before 7:00 p.m. ET today. “WallStreetBets is under in tents load and is only for approved submitters,” the landing page now reads. “In the meantime, please enjoy some spaghetti.”
graphical user interface, text, application, chat or text message © Screenshot: Reddit

It’s not clear exactly why the subreddit went private, but GameStop’s stock price took a major hit in after hours trading right around the time it happened, dropping almost $100 in just 15 minutes.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

None

<soc.145.3fs4co@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=95&group=rocksolid.social#95

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: None
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:16:34 -0800
logging-data="6841"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 29 Jan 2021 03:16 UTC
Attachments: 1529428745437.png (image/png)

i love myself

Attachments: 1529428745437.png
Re: Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content

<3a9140256f1e104732f2f4ab632e49e0$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=96&group=rocksolid.social#96

From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:23:47 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:23 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content [Update: And The Subreddit Has Gone Private]

What makes Discord different?
A Place to Call Home
Discord gives you the power to create your own place to belong. Your Discord server is your home, shared with only the special people you invite.

As long as you don't post what we don't like, we do have the kill switch you know.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content

<soc.147.41nra2@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=97&group=rocksolid.social#97

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 06:03:01 -0800
logging-data="2837"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 29 Jan 2021 14:03 UTC

>>2d2bf765a7ac93d571
>As long as you don't post what we don't like, we do have the kill switch you know.

You are free - to do as we tell you. Welcome to the wonderful world of big tech.

Only one way out of this: selfhosted federated services.

--
Posted on def2

Re: Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content

<779159f470d0aa74d0cb72d896daf077$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=98&group=rocksolid.social#98

From: anonu...@rocksolidbbs.com.remove-9al-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 00:45:48 +0000
To: Anonymous
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 00:45 UTC

To: Anonymous
It is interesting that people from all parts of the political spectrum are starting to see right through this bullshit. Everyone knows it was not removed for "hateful" content or "white nationalism".

We all know why they were banned, and it's not for "hateful content".

Go against their narrative or what they deem acceptable and you will be deleted. Removing trump from social media has only emboldened them even further.
--
Posted on RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

None

<soc.150.336bf4@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=99&group=rocksolid.social#99

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:04:22 -0800
logging-data="17710"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 01:04 UTC

>>a9cd5ecaada38a4698
>Go against what they deem acceptable and you will be deleted.

Which is also true for the place from where you posted, by the way. The difference is just that if you should be kicked from here you have other options. If you rely on centralized services and you are kicked, you are really off the grid. And the decisions about this are currently taken by some CEOs.

Anybody who opposes to the current developments for any reason cannot rely on MEGACORPNET any longer (as if this was ever the case :-), but it is certainly accelerating these days).

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.149.36jj63@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=100&group=rocksolid.social#100

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:58:36 -0800
logging-data="17710"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 00:58 UTC

>>a9cd5ecaada38a4698
>Removing trump from social media has only emboldened them even further.

You mean to say that the cure was worse than the disease in the end ?

--
Posted on def2

Re: Discord Bans r/WallStreetBets Server For 'Hateful' Content

<3ab5d74190a8ef4190d7f2b4765c1331$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=101&group=rocksolid.social#101

From: anonu...@rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ooz-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 05:14:55 +0000
To: Anonymous
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 05:14 UTC

To: Anonymous
>Which is also true for the place from where you posted, by the way.
>Anybody who opposes to the current developments for any reason cannot rely on MEGACORPNET any longer (as if this was ever the case :-), but it is certainly accelerating these days).

People who are conscious about the issues of centralization and are into federalization/decentralization generally aren't the type of people that censor unpopular discussions or opinions simply because they don't like it.

It's true that relying on a single centralized platform is a bad idea, but the majority do not know anything else than Big Tech so for them it looks like there is nothing else out there and they have to "adjust" their opinions to align with that of the platform so they are not removed from online discourse completely.

>You mean to say that the cure was worse than the disease in the end ?

Trump is merely a symptom, by removing him they have achieved nothing maybe even the opposite of what they hoped to achieve. The media fucked up big in 2016 and lost the trust of a very large portion of the populace and Trump used that opportunity to his advantage during his presidency.

Do you really think Trumps posts would have the same impact if the people reading it were more informed and looked at more than one side of the story? The truth usually lies somewhere between the multiple sides, but if you only look at one side then you will not be able to see the forest from the trees.
--
Posted on RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

None

<soc.152.3xngo5@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=102&group=rocksolid.social#102

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:36:10 -0800
logging-data="9676"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 16:36 UTC

>>9630d9412bd0739c67
>The media fucked up big in 2016 and lost the trust of a very large portion of the populace

What are you referring to here (not from the US) ?

>>9630d9412bd0739c67
>Do you really think Trumps posts would have the same impact if the people reading it were more informed and looked at more than one side of the story?

No, they would not. I believe what Trump and others from this direction are sharing is common targets of hate. It is not about ideas or ideologies, it is just the agreement on a set of enemies, which represent and are responsible for everything bad in the world.

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.153.42vh8g@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=103&group=rocksolid.social#103

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:03:47 -0800
logging-data="26619"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 17:03 UTC
Attachments: google_robinhood.jpg (image/jpeg)

>>59aaedc6e7da507175
slightly related: google "corrects" the downvotes of the robin hood app in their playstore, after disgruntled users had pushed it down to 1,0

Attachments: google_robinhood.jpg
None

<soc.154.1klhm@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=104&group=rocksolid.social#104

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 13:20:25 -0800
logging-data="11752"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 21:20 UTC
Attachments: decentralize.jpg (image/jpeg)

>>59aaedc6e7da507175
Decentralize

Attachments: decentralize.jpg
Re: None

<29025b47170e1f793dce5a204e394c98$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=105&group=rocksolid.social#105

From: anonu...@rocksolidbbs.com.remove-svs-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: Re: None
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 23:25:46 +0000
To: Anonymous
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 30 Jan 2021 23:25 UTC

To: Anonymous
>What are you referring to here (not from the US) ?

I am also not from the US so this is from what I could gather speaking to others in the US and also from how the media in my own country portrayed it back then. In 2016 the media portrayed the election as practically a landslide for Hillary and that Trump has zero chance to win, then Trump won. That was probably when the large media outlets lost a lot of credibility, which was then only reinforced by the president by calling them fake news over the last 4 years.

I haven't been following the current election as closely as the one in 2016 so I am not sure what to think about the whole thing. I have seen videos where it did look like there was some fraud but was there enough fraud that would have changed the outcome or was that fraud at all? I do not know. This election was probably the most confusing one I've witnessed so far.

But I do find it rather weird that Biden was more popular than Obama. One could of course argue that people hate Trump enough to vote in basically anyone else, and I know many that do hate him that much.

>No, they would not. I believe what Trump and others from this direction are sharing is common targets of hate. It is not about ideas or ideologies, it is just the agreement on a set of enemies, which represent and are responsible for everything bad in the world.

What do you mean with this? Who are the common targets of their hate?
--
Posted on RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

None

<soc.156.k2k3v@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=106&group=rocksolid.social#106

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 03:44:33 -0800
logging-data="24273"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:44 UTC

>>4ffc488905af7f1a1e
>Who are the common targets of their hate?

-immigrants
-queer people
-people that are not white
-anybody perceived as as leftist
-...

--
Posted on def2

Re: None

<c68bf9f87744f5f0881d8d62b8f3e05a$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=107&group=rocksolid.social#107

From: Mei...@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 15:18:40 +0000
 by: Mei - Thu, 4 Feb 2021 15:18 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

>>>4ffc488905af7f1a1e
>>Who are the common targets of their hate?

> -immigrants
> -queer people
> -people that are not white
> -anybody perceived as as leftist
> -...

Almost as if they're a bunch of bigots! I guess you kinda said that already, though.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p