Subject: Planet Debian
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.tech
Followup: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 06:57 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.tech
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 06:57:22 +0000
View all headers
Reproducible Builds: Reproducible Builds in May 2022
https://reproducible-builds.org/reports/2022-05/
June 6, 2022, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the May 2022 report from the Reproducible Builds project. In our reports we outline the most important things that we have been up to over the past month. As ever, if you are interested in contributing to the project, please visit our Contribute page on our website.
Repfix paper
Zhilei Ren, Shiwei Sun, Jifeng Xuan, Xiaochen Li, Zhide Zhou and He Jiang have published an academic paper titled Automated Patching for Unreproducible Builds:
  [..] fixing unreproducible build issues...
--------------------
Thorsten Alteholz: My Debian Activities in May 2022
http://blog.alteholz.eu/2022/06/my-debian-activities-in-may-2022/
June 6, 2022, 10:51 AM
FTP master
This month I accepted 288 and rejected 45 packages. The overall number of packages that got accepted was 290.
Debian LTS
This was my ninety-fifth month that I did some work for the Debian LTS initiative, started by Raphael Hertzog at Freexian.
This month my all in all workload has been 40h. During that time I did LTS and normal security uploads of:
[DLA 3029-1] cups security update for one embargoed CVE
[DLA 3028-1] atftp security update for one CVE
[DLA 3030-1] zipios++ security upd...
--------------------
John Goerzen: Visiting Germany: Reflections on Schloss Charlottenburg
https://changelog.complete.org/archives/10375-visiting-germany-reflections-on-schloss-charlottenburg
June 5, 2022, 1:47 AM
200 years ago, my ancestors migrated from Prussia to Ukraine.  They left for many reasons, many of which boiled down to their strong pacifism in the midst of a highly militarized country.
Last week, my wife, the boys, and I walked through the favorite palace of Friedrich Wilhelm III, the king of Prussia who was responsible for forcing my ancestors out – Charlottenburg Palace in Berlin.
Photos can’t possibly convey the enormity and the riches of this place, even after being attacked during mu...
--------------------
Junichi Uekawa: June came.
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/diary/daily/2022-Jun-4.html.en#2022-Jun-4-17:42:06
June 4, 2022, 8:42 AM
June came. I am still playing with rust these days. Learning more things every day.
--------------------
Petter Reinholdtsen: LinuxCNC translators life just got a bit easier
https://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/LinuxCNC_translators_life_just_got_a_bit_easier.html
June 3, 2022, 7:00 PM
Back in oktober last year, when I started looking at the
LinuxCNC system, I
proposed to change the documentation build system make life easier for
translators.  The original system consisted of independently written
documentation files for each language, with no automated way to track
changes done in other translations and no help for the translators to
know how much was left to translated.  By using
the po4a system to generate POT and PO
files from the English documentation, this can be improve...
--------------------
Rapha&#235;l Hertzog: Freexian’s report about Debian Long Term Support, April 2022
https://raphaelhertzog.com/2022/06/03/freexians-report-about-debian-long-term-support-april-2022/
June 3, 2022, 4:42 PM
Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
Two projects are currently in the pipeline: Gradle enterprise and Tryton update. Progress is quite slow on the Gradle one, there are technical difficulties. The tryton one was stalled because the developer had not enough time but seems to progress smoothly in the last weeks.
In April, we put aside 2635 EUR to fund Debian projects.
We’re looking forward to receive more project...
--------------------
François Marier: Using Gandi DNS for Let's Encrypt certbot verification
https://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/posts/using-gandi-dns-lets-encrypt-certbot-verification/
June 3, 2022, 4:45 AM
I had some problems getting the Gandi certbot
plugin to work in Debian bullseye
since the documentation appears to be outdated.
When running certbot renew --dry-run, I saw the following error message:
Plugin legacy name certbot-plugin-gandi:dns may be removed in a future version. Please use dns instead.
Thanks to an issue in another DNS
plugin, I was
able to easily update my configuration to the new naming convention.
Setup
Get an API key from Gandi and
then put it in /etc/letsencrypt/gandi...
--------------------
Reproducible Builds (diffoscope): diffoscope 215 released
https://diffoscope.org/news/diffoscope-215-released/
June 3, 2022, 12:00 AM
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of diffoscope
version 215. This version includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Bug fixes:
  - Also catch IndexError (in addition to ValueError) when parsing .pyc
    files. (Closes: #1012258)
  - Strip "sticky" etc. from "x.deb: sticky Debian binary package […]".
    Thanks to David Prévot for the report. (Closes: #1011635)
  - Correctly package diffoscope's scripts/ directory, fixing the extraction
    of vmlinuz kerne...
--------------------
Daniel Lange: Get Youtube Channel ID from username
https://daniel-lange.com/archives/175-Get-Youtube-Channel-ID-from-username.html
June 1, 2022, 4:45 PM
Youtube has a really nice RSS feature that is extremely well hidden.
If you postfix a Channel ID to
https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=&lt;id goes here&gt;
you get a really nice Atom 1.0 (~RSS) feed for your feedreader.
Unfortunately the Channel ID is hard to find while you are navigating Youtube with usernames in the URL.
E.g. https://www.youtube.com/c/TED is TED's channel, full of interesting and worth-to-watch content (and some assorted horse toppings, of course).
But ...
--------------------
Russ Allbery: Review: The Seeress of Kell
https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/reviews/books/0-345-37759-1.html
June 1, 2022, 4:53 AM
Review: The Seeress of Kell, by David Eddings
      Series:
    The Malloreon #5
        Publisher:
    Del Rey
        Copyright:
    May 1991
        Printing:
    May 1992
        ISBN:
    0-345-37759-1
        Format:
    Mass market
        Pages:
    374
  The Seeress of Kell is the conclusion of the five-book Malloreon
series and a direct sequel to Sorceress of
Darshiva.  You do not want to begin the series here (or, to be honest,
at all).
We have finally finished th...
--------------------
Paul Wise: FLOSS Activities May 2022
http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2022/06/01/floss-activities/
May 31, 2022, 11:46 PM
Focus
This month I didn't have any particular focus.
I just worked on issues in my info bubble.
Changes
libpst:
fix
file handle leak,
missing printf conversion
gensim:
cleanup
MANIFEST,
cython language_level,
obsolete references
duck:
indicator phrases
(1
2),
typos
Debian release website:
link archive criteria
Debian puppet:
typo
Debian BTS usertags:
moved default-java18 to debian-java,
moved riscv64 to debian-riscv
Debian website:
use contact page in footer
Debian wiki pages:
Accessibility/...
--------------------
Russell Coker: Links May 2022
https://etbe.coker.com.au/2022/05/31/links-may-2022/
May 31, 2022, 12:26 PM
dontkillmyapp.com is a web site about Android phone vendors who make their phones kill your apps when you don’t want them to [1]. One of the many reasons why Pine and Purism offer the promise of better phones.
This blog post about the Librem 5 camera is interesting [2]. Currently the Librem 5 camera isn’t very usable for me as I just want to point and shoot, but it apparently works well for experts. Taking RAW photos is a good feature that I’d like to have in all my camera phones.
The Russ...
Russ Allbery: Review: Maskerade
https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/reviews/books/0-06-227552-6.html

Click here to read the complete article