Subject: Rocky Flats Plant
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:25 UTC
From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:25:45 +0000
View all headers
If you don't know the story you can read Wikipedia.  It is an ultimate testament of partnership between nuclear defense contractors and the Government.  A "honest" nuclear engineer that was president at the time put an end to it.  The shilocks called him a peanut farmer... just short of the n-word.  Peanuts in English means unimportant financially, while the origin of the n-word in Greek means unimportant legally.

The Wikipedia page is somewhat complete but dry.  Some things I feel were important to me that were missing:

1.  The original clean-up was done with adhesive tape so "nuclear critical mass" was not reached.
2.  None of the people that were involved in exposing the wracked were ever officially thanked by Denver/Colorado nor the feds.  They deserve a National Holiday.
3.  No complete list of assholes is mentioned.

If Denver is glowing with brightness it is not from the IQ.