Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 17:41 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 17:41:33 +0000
View all headers
Warning of economic downturn as interest rates rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61319867?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 4:20 PM
Rates rise to 1% from 0.75%, their highest level since 2009, in a bid to tackle soaring inflation.
--------------------
Covid: World’s true pandemic death toll nearly 15 million, says WHO
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61327778?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 12:00 PM
These include deaths from Covid and from the indirect effects of the pandemic over two years worldwide.
--------------------
Baby P's mother Tracey Connelly set to be released from prison
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61332465?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 2:39 PM
Justice Secretary Dominic Raab condemns the decision and says the Parole Board needs an "overhaul".
--------------------
Jealous Depp kicked me over Franco 'affair' - Heard
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61339174?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 5:31 PM
Amber Heard says jealousy of actor James Franco sent Johnny Depp into a rage on a plane.
--------------------
Queen to miss royal garden parties this summer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61331059?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 1:42 PM
Buckingham Palace says other members of the Royal Family will host as the parties return next week.
--------------------
Putin sorry for Lavrov's claim Hitler was part Jewish - Israel PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-61339749?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 5:16 PM
Russia's foreign minister claimed that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had Jewish blood, sparking outrage.
--------------------
Wealthy Russians flee to Dubai to avoid sanctions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61257448?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 8:20 AM
Property purchases by Russians in Dubai surged by 67% in the first quarter of 2022, a report says.
--------------------
Virgin Atlantic flight returns to Heathrow after pilot roster error
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61332456?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 9:31 AM
Virgin Atlantic said it emerged the first officer had not completed his final flying test.
--------------------
Keira Knightley: Actress joins call to tackle toxic behaviour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61337824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 3:04 PM
Keira Knightley and Naomie Harris call for action against bullying in the entertainment industry.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Investigation finds hundreds of fake charity websites
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61079742?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 12:00 PM
A BBC investigation finds online scammers using real charity logos and Ukrainian volunteers' profiles.
--------------------
Scores of safeguarding complaints at after-school clubs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61325477?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 7:16 AM
Claims including physical and sexual assaults in school grounds have been uncovered by the BBC.
--------------------
Election 2022: Dogs at polling stations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61333251?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 5:06 PM
Voters in many parts of the UK are voting today - some with four-legged friends by their side.
--------------------
Dust storm and wildfires seen from space
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61333747?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 9:58 AM
Satellite images show gusts of up to 60mph blowing dust across Colorado and plumes of smoke in New Mexico.
--------------------
Kenya alarm after carrier bag mistaken for stray lion
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61335539?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 2:11 PM
The Kenyan villagers were on alert after some of their livestock had recently gone missing.
--------------------
Boba Fett actor's Star Wars gear sells for £155,000
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-61325723?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 9:08 AM
Items belonging to the late Boba Fett actor, including unseen film reels, raised £155,000.
--------------------
Emma Raducanu: US Open trophy to be taken on tour of schools across UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61338167?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 3:35 PM
Emma Raducanu hopes to inspire the next generation by taking her US Open trophy to schools.
--------------------
Association of Photographers Awards 2021 winners revealed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61308032?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 1:15 AM
The winners of the 37th Association of Photographers (AOP) Awards are revealed.
--------------------
Myanmar civil war: ‘I saw my son’s body on Facebook’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61327821?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 4, 2022, 11:01 PM
After the Myanmar military entered his village, Joseph fled into the jungle but his 13-year-old was killed.
--------------------
Black hair care: 'I travelled seven hours to get my hair done'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61310533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 1:16 AM
Radio 1 Newsbeat explores what's being done to make hair salons more inclusive for black people.
--------------------
Peterborough couple donate more than 100 cuddly toys won over 40 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-61322691?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 5:13 AM
The cuddly toys are being donated to a hospice to help them raise money.
--------------------
Durban floods survivors: 'I thought the world was ending'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61325457?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 4, 2022, 11:01 PM
Moeketsi Manake and his family talk about losing everything, including their house, in the Durban floods.
--------------------
The Papers: Footie anthem 'faces axe' and Falkland inquiry call
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-61328826?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 3:43 AM
There is a football theme in the papers as the Sun reports Three Lions could be dropped by the FA.
--------------------
Interest rates: What are they and how high could they go?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57764601?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 4:52 PM
Interest rates are one of the main tools used to keep the UK economy growing steadily.
Climate change: Spring egg-laying shifts by three weeks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61314226?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 5, 2022, 1:05 AM
A 75-year woodland study shows a marked seasonal shift in the timing of egg-laying in spring.

Click here to read the complete article