From: henrique...@gmail.com (astralmane69)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Install i2p for newbies
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 18:57:38 +0000
 by: astralmane69 - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 18:57 UTC

Can somebody please give a no-nonsense, detailed step-by-step tutorial for a newbie on how to actually install and use i2p? I just want to make sure I've done it correctly. Thanks for your help.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Install i2p for newbies

<b158ead153fbfa2189f72df9213bc604@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=536&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#536

From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Re: Install i2p for newbies
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 19:33:35 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 19:33 UTC

astralmane69 wrote:

> Can somebody please give a no-nonsense, detailed step-by-step tutorial for a newbie on how to actually install and use i2p? I just want to make sure I've done it correctly. Thanks for your help.

It's actually pretty easy. I'm currently considering i2p+ (i2pPLUS) but haven't made a change yet, and don't know enough about it. But I have installed standard i2p many times.

I would suggest using the installer and not the repository. See another thread here about trouble I'm having with the repository.

First, you need Java. OpenJAVA should work fine.

Then download i2p https://geti2p.net/en/download

Once downloaded, follow the instructions on that page to run the installer. Install as a regular user, not as root.

Once installed, you can access everything with your browser. It should give a link at the end of the install.

If you are installing headless, which I almost always need to do, you'll need to find a way to access the web page. I use an ssh tunnel to do that as it must come from localhost by default.

Give it a try, it is usually pretty simple.

--
Posted on RetroBBS