Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 17:21 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 17:21:41 +0000
View all headers
Mariupol civilian evacuation begins to Ukraine and Russia-held territories
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61292951?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 4:53 PM
Evacuation operations begin at the last hold-out of Ukrainian fighters in southern Mariupol.
--------------------
How Ukraine's 'Ghost of Kyiv' legendary pilot was born
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61285833?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 11:14 AM
The "Ghost of Kyiv" story about a heroic pilot downing many Russian planes turns out to be a legend.
--------------------
Rayner did make PMQs leg-crossing comments, Tories say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61292313?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 3:37 PM
But Labour dismisses reports its deputy leader tries to distract the PM as "sexist smears".
--------------------
Katie Kenyon: Missing woman died from head injuries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-61291481?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 4:10 PM
A body found by police searching for a missing woman has been confirmed as Katie Kenyon.
--------------------
Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan return to Neighbours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61292290?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 1:44 PM
The pair will resume their roles as Scott Robinson and Charlene Mitchell for the soap's final episode.
--------------------
Westminster reform: Lindsay Hoyle and Andrea Leadsom call for urgent changes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61287794?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 12:44 PM
Parliament needs an overhaul, politicians say, after MP Neil Parish quits over watching porn in the Commons.
--------------------
HRT shortage UK: Davina McCall says crisis is ridiculous
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61290934?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 11:54 AM
Davina McCall says she was "a mush" when the menopause hit, as she calls for shortages to be sorted out.
--------------------
Asda chairman Stuart Rose: Food prices will keep rising
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61271562?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 3:11 PM
Stuart Rose says that consumers "will suffer" from continuing cost of living price hikes.
--------------------
Regine: Singer, actress and self-proclaimed discotheque inventor dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-61292332?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 2:03 PM
Regine, known as the "queen of the night", owned nightclubs across the world.
--------------------
Ancient trees dedicated to Queen for Platinum Jubilee
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61286592?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 12:27 PM
Sir Isaac Newton's apple tree is among those included in the project launched by Prince Charles.
--------------------
Tributes paid after death of country music star Naomi Judd, 76
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61290443?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 10:03 AM
Ms Judd, 76, had a string of hits and awards with her daughter in the country music duo, The Judds.
--------------------
Biden mocks Trump at White House press dinner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61290695?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 1:24 PM
Joe Biden jokes about former president Donald Trump at the prestigious event hosted by Trevor Noah.
--------------------
New 3D female anatomy model used to better treat women
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61258731?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 4:00 PM
A new 3D female anatomy model is being used to teach first year medical students.
--------------------
Neil Parish tractor search: Can see how it led to porn says MP's friend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61290017?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 9:06 AM
A friend of disgraced MP Neil Parish says the tractor's name was "a play on words", as he supports him.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on… China’s zero-Covid lockdowns
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-61262757?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 11:01 PM
Ros Atkins looks at why the Chinese government remains committed to its policy of eliminating all outbreaks of coronavirus.
--------------------
Bristol Parkway celebrates 50th anniversary
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-61275648?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 8:44 AM
When Bristol Parkway was built 50 years ago it was described as a car park with a railway station.
--------------------
Climate change: How can I deal with my eco-anxiety?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61265222?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 11:01 PM
Rachel Hurst is a student at the University of East Anglia helping others to address their climate anxieties.
--------------------
Megayachts and oligarchs: ‘We’re scared of getting close to wrong money’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61047921?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 11:08 PM
As the West goes after the assets of Russian oligarchs, the ripples are being felt across the industry.
--------------------
Dad plays with seven sons in final Heaton Moor rugby match
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61284288?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 1, 2022, 10:48 AM
Mike Ireland and his seven sons made up a full scrum for Heaton Moor RUFC on Saturday.
--------------------
Asylum in Denmark: Is the country guilty of double standards?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61273433?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 11:01 PM
As thousands of Ukrainians are welcomed, the government plans to reduce the number of non-European refugees.
--------------------
'My three naughty lambs are just like toddlers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61237488?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 11:01 PM
The lambs are living in Rebecca Bradley's house, until they can move to a school farm.
--------------------
Angelina Jolie visits cafe in Lviv, Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61286258?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 30, 2022, 3:52 PM
Hollywood A-lister Angelina Jolie was spotted in a cafe during a trip to Ukraine to meet the child victims of the war.
Quiz of the week: What did Sir Lewis Hamilton win?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-61248899?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 28, 2022, 4:19 PM
How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on over the past seven days?
'I beat my addiction, but alcoholism killed my son'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61274092?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article