From: 32423432...@anon.com (32423432424)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 21:37:08+0000
 by: 32423432424 - Mon, 6 May 2019 21:37 UTC

workaround:
Open about:config and set javascript.enabled to false

stay safe

(https://blog.torproject.org/noscript-temporarily-disabled-tor-browser#comment-form.)

Posted on def4

Re: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb

<90af08afa4c684450db2f82e84356209$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=51&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#51

From: Retro ...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: Re: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 21:47:32 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="28698"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 6 May 2019 21:47 UTC

I believe it's this issue, which I ran into a couple of days ago myself:

Firefox add-ons disabled en masse after Mozilla certificate issue

Firefox users report having add-ons disabled, being unable to re-activate
or (re)-install extensions.
Catalin Cimpanu

By Catalin Cimpanu for Zero Day | May 4, 2019 -- 05:42 GMT (22:42 PDT) |
Topic: Open Source

9

Firefox add-ons disabled

Image via u/deleted_redacted on Reddit

An expired certificate on the Mozilla Add-ons infrastructure is disabling
Firefox add-ons for millions of users, and is also preventing users from
re-activating or (re-)installing extensions.

The issue doesn't impact all Firefox users, but it impacted enough to
trigger a massive surge of complaints on Twitter, Reddit, and other social
media sites.

At the time of writing, the issue is still impacting Firefox users. The
browser maker has formally acknowledged the issue in an email to ZDNet, on
Twitter, in a status page, and in a bug report.

"We're sorry that there is currently an issue where existing and new
add-ons are failing to run or be installed on Firefox," a Mozilla
spokesperson said. "We know what the issue is and are working hard to
restore add-on functionality to Firefox as soon as possible."

"We'll continue to provide updates via our Twitter channels. Please bear
with us while we get the problem fixed," the browser maker said.

Users of all Firefox versions, old and new, and Stable and Nightly, are
impacted. The issue also impacts the Tor Browser, which supports Firefox
add-ons.

For Firefox users that are currently impacted by this bug, an easy
workaround would be to visit the about:config section and set
xpinstall.signatures.required to false. This disables the extension
signing mechanism in Firefox, the system through which the browser
verifies that the local extension is one that's been installed from the
central Mozilla Add-ons repository --and for which the signing certificate
had expired.

Network Performance Monitor helps you reduce network outages and quickly
detect, diagnose, and resolve multi-vendor network performance issues.

SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) delivers comprehensive
network fault monitoring and performance management that scales and
expands with your network monitoring needs. NPM provides quick visibility
into the health of network devices and...
Downloads provided by SolarWinds

Another possible way to resolve it, as recommended by many Firefox users,
would be to turn system clocks before May 4, 12:00am UTC (the date at
which the Mozilla certificate expired), but this would also break other
apps running locally, and which depend on an accurate system clock.

Today's outage is happening because all Firefox add-ons are digitally
signed since the release of Firefox 48, in the summer of 2016.

This mechanism was introduced to fight off malware distributors that were
abusing Firefox add-ons; however, it indirectly centralized all add-ons
management operations by tying all extensions to Mozilla's server
infrastructure.

Updated on 9am ET: Mozilla has announced a temporary hotfix for the
add-ons signing issue.

"We rolled out a hotfix that re-enables affected add-ons. The fix will be
automatically applied in the background within the next few hours," the
company said.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb

<d15732de5ee37ab39abd186c04e7abc5$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=52&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#52

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 21:53:29 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="31361"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Mon, 6 May 2019 21:53 UTC

32423432424 wrote:

> workaround:
> Open about:config and set javascript.enabled to false

> stay safe

(https://blog.torproject.org/noscript-temporarily-disabled-tor-browser#comment-form.)

also can set xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config which
will allow you to run noscript

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb

<69bd8f9913e68f043d1afa55ae67d83b@def4>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#53

From: 23848239...@anon.com (23848239048)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 04:10:40+0000
 by: 23848239048 - Tue, 7 May 2019 04:10 UTC

> also can set xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config which will allow you to run noscript

you can do that, at the price that signatures are not checked at all any more. luckliy there is a new tor browser bundle by now.

Posted on def4

Re: noscript is disabled in firefox/tbb

<e3d46ef6ae660d27930b298612d0d1b1$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=54&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#54

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 04:24:22 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="7534"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 7 May 2019 04:24 UTC

23848239048 wrote:

>> also can set xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config which
will allow you to run noscript

> you can do that, at the price that signatures are not checked at all any
more. luckliy there is a new tor browser bundle by now.

True that. It's what I did for temporary and changed it back now with new
Firefox.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.