Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:51 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:51:33 +0000
View all headers
Ukraine war: US wants to see a weakened Russia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61214176?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 3:42 PM
US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin says he hopes to see the Russian military depleted in Ukraine.
--------------------
'You can't imagine the conditions' - Accounts emerge of Russian detention camps
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61208404?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 11:58 AM
Those who have fled the Ukrainian city say people are being held in cramped, unclean camps.
--------------------
Royal couple told of Antigua and Barbuda's wish to be republic
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61221706?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 4:47 PM
The remarks came during a meeting between the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the country's PM.
--------------------
Twitter shares rise as reports say Elon Musk deal close
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61215197?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 2:13 PM
The social media giant is reported to be in the final stages of a takeover deal with Elon Musk.
--------------------
Angela Rayner: Tory source of misogyny claims would be punished, PM says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61213711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 2:07 PM
Boris Johnson condemns claims about Labour's deputy leader as "a load of sexist, misogynist tripe".
--------------------
Ukraine: 'My disabled nephew has a home in UK – but is stuck in Paris'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61178099?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 1:18 PM
A disabled Ukrainian teenager has been stuck in Paris for six weeks without a UK visa.
--------------------
Bermondsey stabbings: Four killed in south-east London home
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61215051?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 4:13 PM
A man is arrested on suspicion of murder after three women and a man are found dead in Bermondsey.
--------------------
Alex Salmond lawyer guilty of professional misconduct
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61216821?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 2:54 PM
Gordon Jackson QC was recorded on a train discussing the former first minister's sex assault trial.
--------------------
Liz Kincaid: Gymnastics coach was pulled from Tokyo Olympics squad after serious allegations made
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/61193111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 4:08 PM
Liz Kincaid was pulled from Great Britain's gymnastics coaching squad just weeks before the Tokyo Olympics after a serious allegation was made against her.
--------------------
M1 crash: Drink-drive mum jailed over deaths of children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-61217047?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 11:21 AM
Mary McCann's son and daughter were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash, a court hears.
--------------------
Lab-grown meat and insects 'good for planet and health'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61182294?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 3:54 PM
Switching to futuristic foods will reduce carbon emissions and save land and water, a study suggests.
--------------------
Zara threatens legal action over Darlington boutique brand
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-61218205?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 2:49 PM
The high street fashion giant claims Darlington-based House of Zana is "conceptually identical".
--------------------
Antarctica same-sex wedding first on British territory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61213537?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 6:37 AM
Stephen Carpenter and Eric Bourne shared their day with the 30 crew of the UK's new polar ship.
--------------------
The Olympic hopeful turned bike-riding bank robber
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61192215?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 11:01 PM
When Tom Justice failed to make the Olympics he decided to use his cycling skills to rob banks instead.
--------------------
'Our friend was a hero. We want his music heard'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61194213?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 7:00 AM
A year since the death of Folajimi Olubumni-Adewole, friends got his song played on Radio 1Xtra.
--------------------
Ethiopia's Lalibela struggles as war and Covid-19 keep tourists away
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61196572?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 11:03 PM
In the historic Ethiopian town of Lalibela, civil war and Covid-19 have left many without livelihoods.
--------------------
Brazil Carnival: 'Bolsonaro' dancer turned into crocodile
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61216250?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 12:12 PM
Brazil's famous Carnival returned this year for the first time since the Covid pandemic.
--------------------
Emma Raducanu wins Breakthrough of the Year at 2022 Laureus Sports Awards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/61211260?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 8:14 PM
Tennis player Emma Raducanu wins the Breakthrough of the Year award at the 2022 Laureus World Sports Awards - one of three British winners.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'spring walks'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61166684?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 23, 2022, 11:33 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Prince Edward and Sophie welcomed on second leg of Caribbean tour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61208485?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 12:32 PM
The Earl and Countess of Wessex continue their tour with a visit to St Vincent and the Grenadines.
--------------------
Odesa missile attack: 'My world was destroyed by a Russian missile'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61210699?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 24, 2022, 8:16 PM
Yuriy Glodan's wife, mother-in-law, and baby were killed in a strike on their apartment block in Odesa.
--------------------
Angela Rayner row: Does Parliament have a problem with misogyny?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61214507?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 4:32 PM
Claims about Angela Rayner have been dismissed as sexist, but is it a sign of a wider problem in Westminster?
Ten Percent: Can Call My Agent's British remake recapture the magic?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60909613?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 25, 2022, 1:15 AM
The French TV series has been adapted for an English-language audience. Its writer explains why.
The high-tech fitness mirrors that aim to get you exercising more
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61092317?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article