Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  login

When does summertime come to Minnesota, you ask? Well, last year, I think it was a Tuesday.


rocksolid / General / Dovenet partially available

SubjectAuthor
* Dovenet partially availableRetro Guy
`* Re: Dovenet partially availableRetro Guy
 `* Re: Dovenet partially availableRetro Guy
  `- Re: Dovenet partially availableRetro Guy

1
Subject: Dovenet partially available
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Organization: RetroBBS
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:31 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Dovenet partially available
Message-ID: <59A499BE.22.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:31:28 -0700
X-Comment-To: rocksolid.shared.general
Path: retrobbs.novabbs.com!rocksolid2!retrobbs.synchro.net!not-for-mail
Organization: RetroBBS
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
X-FTN-PID: Synchronet 3.17a-Linux Jun 15 2017 GCC 4.9.2
X-Mozilla-News-Host: news://192.168.0.42:119
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101Icedove/45.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
View all headers
DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.

I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.

I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if you want to see how it's going.

Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a go for DoveNet on rocksolid.

The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.

Retro Guy


Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Organization: RetroBBS
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:20 UTC
References: 1
From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
Message-ID: <59A531CA.23.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:20:13 -0700
X-Comment-To: Retro Guy
Path: retrobbs.novabbs.com!rocksolid2!retrobbs.synchro.net!not-for-mail
Organization: RetroBBS
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
In-Reply-To: <59A499BE.22.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
References: <59A499BE.22.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
X-FTN-PID: Synchronet 3.17a-Linux Jun 15 2017 GCC 4.9.2
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101Icedove/45.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
View all headers
On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.

I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.

I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
you want to see how it's going.

Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
go for DoveNet on rocksolid.

The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.

Retro Guy

Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:

DOVE-Net.Advertisements
DOVE-Net.Entertainment
DOVE-Net.General
DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
DOVE-Net.Hobbies
DOVE-Net.Internet
DOVE-Net.Programming
DOVE-Net.Religion
DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion

These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be pulling articles properly from DoveNet.

Retro Guy


Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Organization: RetroBBS
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:50 UTC
References: 1
From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
Message-ID: <59A538D4.24.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:50:14 -0700
X-Comment-To: Retro Guy
Path: retrobbs.novabbs.com!rocksolid2!retrobbs.synchro.net!not-for-mail
Organization: RetroBBS
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
In-Reply-To: <59A531CA.23.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
References: <59A531CA.23.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
X-FTN-PID: Synchronet 3.17a-Linux Jun 15 2017 GCC 4.9.2
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101Icedove/45.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
View all headers
On 08/29/2017 02:20 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.

I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.

I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
you want to see how it's going.

Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
go for DoveNet on rocksolid.

The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.

Retro Guy

Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:

DOVE-Net.Advertisements
DOVE-Net.Entertainment
DOVE-Net.General
DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
DOVE-Net.Hobbies
DOVE-Net.Internet
DOVE-Net.Programming
DOVE-Net.Religion
DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion

These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be
pulling articles properly from DoveNet.

Retro Guy

Also, now currently pulling some Freenet (FMS) groups. Still testing this more, but it's looking good so far.

The group names will be a pain as they must match the FMS board names. There is no hierarchy, just names, but with a properly maintained and shared list, it should not be a problem.

Since end users are shielded from the actual group names by the frontend software, we'll just publish and share a group name list amongst ourselves.

Retro Guy


Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Organization: RetroBBS
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:54 UTC
References: 1
From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
Message-ID: <59A539D3.25.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:54:30 -0700
X-Comment-To: Retro Guy
Path: retrobbs.novabbs.com!rocksolid2!retrobbs.synchro.net!not-for-mail
Organization: RetroBBS
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
In-Reply-To: <59A538D4.24.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
References: <59A538D4.24.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>
X-FTN-PID: Synchronet 3.17a-Linux Jun 15 2017 GCC 4.9.2
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101Icedove/45.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
View all headers
On 08/29/2017 02:50 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
On 08/29/2017 02:20 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.

I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.

I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
you want to see how it's going.

Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
go for DoveNet on rocksolid.

The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.

Retro Guy

Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:

DOVE-Net.Advertisements
DOVE-Net.Entertainment
DOVE-Net.General
DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
DOVE-Net.Hobbies
DOVE-Net.Internet
DOVE-Net.Programming
DOVE-Net.Religion
DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion

These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be
pulling articles properly from DoveNet.

Retro Guy

Also, now currently pulling some Freenet (FMS) groups. Still testing
this more, but it's looking good so far.

The group names will be a pain as they must match the FMS board names.
There is no hierarchy, just names, but with a properly maintained and
shared list, it should not be a problem.

Since end users are shielded from the actual group names by the frontend
software, we'll just publish and share a group name list amongst ourselves.

Retro Guy

Here are the current FMS group names:

bitcoin
boards
censorship
fms
freedom
freenet
news
politics
privacy
programming
public
security
sites
test
tor

As things stabilize, we'll maintain a properly formatted, easy to read group list so any node can easily keep up with any changes.

Retro Guy


1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor