Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:42 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:42:11 +0000
View all headers
Sir David Amess: Man found guilty of murdering MP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61026210?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:52 PM
The Southend West MP was stabbed more than 20 times during a constituency surgery in October 2021.
--------------------
Imran Ahmad Khan: MP guilty of sex assault on 15-year-old boy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61026348?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 3:28 PM
Wakefield Tory MP Imran Ahmad Khan is found guilty of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy in 2008.
--------------------
Mariupol: Ukrainian marines warn of 'last battle' in besieged city
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61068650?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:37 PM
A brigade in the besieged port city warns it is running out ammunition as Russian soldiers close in.
--------------------
Ukraine War: Russia warns Sweden and Finland against Nato membership
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61066503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:54 PM
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the move won't bring stability to Europe.
--------------------
French elections: Macron targets Le Pen as run-off campaign begins
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61067426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 11:57 AM
The French president fires up his re-election campaign visiting a stronghold of his far-right rival.
--------------------
Could Marine Le Pen win the French elections?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61064426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 5:26 AM
Marine Le Pen will go head-to-head with President Macron in an election run off in a fortnight.
--------------------
Sabina Nessa treated differently due to ethnicity, family says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61065432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:19 PM
The murdered teacher's sister says if they were a white family they would have been treated better.
--------------------
Grenfell Tower inquiry: Lord Pickles apologises for death toll error
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61064965?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:50 PM
Lord Pickles says the Hillsborough disaster had been on his mind when he "misspoke".
--------------------
Liz Carr calls for theatres to host facemask-only performances
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61061976?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:49 AM
The actress says "theatre should remain accessible" to vulnerable people, as she wins an Olivier Award.
--------------------
UK economic growth slows sharply in February
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61064546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 7:38 AM
A sharp fall in car and computer production weighed on the UK's economic expansion.
--------------------
Cost of living crisis: Nurse skips meals to feed her children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062263?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
A single mother working for the NHS says rising prices mean she is struggling to pay for food.
--------------------
Thousands of barristers take action over legal aid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062627?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 8:47 AM
Nearly 2,500 barristers essential to the criminal justice system will start industrial action.
--------------------
Sunak row: Reveal all about ministers' personal tax, says Starmer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61067422?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 3:13 PM
Labour calls for full disclosure as No 10 launches an inquiry into Rishi Sunak's financial interests.
--------------------
Priority for fresh goods at Dover not realistic, minister says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61065847?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:31 PM
Hauliers have warned fresh produce is losing quality and value due to long queues at the port.
--------------------
Oliviers 2022: Jason Manford's best jokes and 7 other highlights
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61024410?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 4:37 AM
Jason Manford's references to the Oscars slap were among several memorable moments at the ceremony.
--------------------
Falklands War: 'The UK is still usurping our land'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61028653?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:00 PM
Argentina's president has said he will keep fighting for control of the islands, also known as the Malvinas.
--------------------
Disability: Doing drag makeup with a sight impairment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61008127?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 5:07 AM
Jake Sawyers says creating his alter-ego Venetia Blind is "all about problem solving".
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My money-saving life hacks'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61037560?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
With a squeeze on household budgets, how are Londoners saving money?
--------------------
Saniya Mistri: The hijab-wearing teen rapper breaking stereotypes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61015974?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Saniya Mistri's powerful rap songs call out the glaring inequalities in her city, Mumbai.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'hidden'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61013708?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:18 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
‘A fantasy’ - amateur jockey’s Grand National fairytale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/61050673?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 9:16 AM
Grand National-winning jockey Sam Waley-Cohen pays tribute to his brother after 'fantasy' triumph in his last-ever ride.
--------------------
'I planned to end my life at 16 but I'm still here'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61003178?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Chelsea, from Nottingham, experienced low mood, anxiety and self-harm.
--------------------
This plug socket tells you if your energy is green
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-61030903?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
A power socket that helps you save electricity and tells you if it's from renewable sources.
Sir David Amess: How MP's killer was a textbook radicalisation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062285?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:20 PM
Ali Harbi Ali - convicted of the murder of Sir David Amess - is a textbook study of radicalisation.

Click here to read the complete article