From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:37:14 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:37 UTC

Akshata Murty: Inquiry into leak of Rishi Sunak's wife's taxes begins
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61055789?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:22 AM
Labour says a row over Akshata Murty's tax affairs raises questions over the chancellor's judgement.
--------------------
French election: Macron faces far-right challenge as France votes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61049717?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 10:18 AM
The opening round of the French presidential race could become a cliffhanger for Emmanuel Macron.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Johnson and Zelensky tour near-empty streets in Kyiv
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61057005?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 6:47 AM
Boris Johnson makes a surprise visit to Ukraine's capital, and meets President Volodymyr Zelensky.
--------------------
Imran Khan ousted as Pakistan's PM after vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61055210?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 10:39 AM
The former cricket star loses a no-confidence vote 13 hours after his party tried to delay it.
--------------------
Australian Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc wins in Melbourne as title rival Max Verstappen retires
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61056578?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 6:34 AM
Charles Leclerc takes a dominant victory in the Australian Grand Prix to move into a commanding position in the World Championship.
--------------------
Hauliers want priority for perishable goods at Dover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61053402?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 7:47 AM
Drivers say deliveries of produce like meat are losing quality and value in long waits at the port.
--------------------
Henry Patterson: The Eagle has Landed author dies aged 92
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61054455?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 2:16 AM
Henry Patterson wrote 85 novels, including the WW2 thriller penned under the pseudonym Jack Higgins.
--------------------
Full embargo on oil could stop war - ex-Putin aide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61040424?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 4:37 AM
President Putin's former chief economic advisor tells the BBC Western countries could stop the war.
--------------------
Ronaldo: Police investigating after Manchester United forward appears to break fan's phone
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61053927?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 10:55 AM
Merseyside Police are investigating an alleged assault after Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to break a fan's phone.
--------------------
P&O Ferries: Larne-Cairnryan passenger service facing delay
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61057113?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 1:00 PM
The European Causeway vessel is suspended for "tourist travel" until Thursday 14 April, P&O tweets.
--------------------
Wrexham FC: Ryan Reynolds to help ex-player see Wembley game
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61057175?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 1:54 PM
Wrexham FC's Hollywood owner pledges to get 72-year-old club legend with dementia to FA Trophy Final.
--------------------
How will Russia attack Ukraine's new front lines?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61023869?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:03 PM
Artillery may decide the key battles looming in Donetsk and Luhansk, say military analysts.
--------------------
Ukraine: Three ways this war could escalate and drag Nato in
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61051307?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:05 PM
How exactly could this conflict escalate into a wider pan-European conflict that drags in Nato?
--------------------
Ukraine, the UN and history's greatest broken promise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61021862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:47 AM
If the past is anything to go by, the world will struggle to unite for Ukraine - says Fergal Keane.
--------------------
Chernihiv: Are these Russia's weapons of war?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61036880?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:04 PM
Analysis of three attacks in the city of Chernihiv may offer clues about Putin's tactics in Ukraine.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Disbelief and horror after Krematorsk train station attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61055105?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 9:28 PM
The people of Krematorsk are coming to terms with a strike on a train station that killed more than 50.
--------------------
Inside Chernobyl: We stole Russian fuel to prevent catastrophe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61048256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:48 AM
Staff at the former nuclear plant tell the BBC they were forced to negotiate when Russian forces took over.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The school that helped fleeing musicians find safety
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:01 PM
A group of young musicians from Kharkiv and Odesa have found new homes in Denmark.
--------------------
Ukraine: Six weeks of devastation and defiance as world grapples with the crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61027292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 2:29 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war and its significance for the world.
--------------------
Ukraine mother: I saw my daughter killed, then was held captive in basement
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 5:02 AM
Viktoria describes how her daughter and husband were killed in front of her while escaping Russian forces.
--------------------
Ukraine round-up: Six weeks of defiance and Pink Floyd reunite for protest song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61043817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:54 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war, and Pink Floyd air their first new track in decades.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The foreign fighters supporting the Ukrainian army
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61057247?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 1:56 PM
A former British Army soldier is among the international volunteers supporting the Ukrainian war effort.
--------------------
Saniya Mistri: The hijab-wearing teen rapper breaking stereotypes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61015974?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Saniya Mistri's powerful rap songs call out the glaring inequalities in her city, Mumbai.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'hidden'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61013708?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:18 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
‘A fantasy’ - amateur jockey’s Grand National fairytale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/61050673?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 9:16 AM
Grand National-winning jockey Sam Waley-Cohen pays tribute to his brother after 'fantasy' triumph in his last-ever ride.
--------------------
'I planned to end my life at 16 but I'm still here'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61003178?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Chelsea, from Nottingham, experienced low mood, anxiety and self-harm.
--------------------
This plug socket tells you if your energy is green
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-61030903?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
A power socket that helps you save electricity and tells you if it's from renewable sources.
--------------------
Child refugee finds same doll she left in Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-61050864?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 2:37 PM
Toddler Veronika had to leave her doll in Ukraine but found the same one in a charity warehouse.
--------------------
'Life without Covid rules is much worse than we thought'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-60846686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:03 PM
Vaccines and treatments have helped many in the UK but Isabel, 11, is among those still at risk.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 2 - 8 April 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61038961?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:03 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken in the past seven days.
--------------------
We The Curious in Bristol evacuated due to fire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61051868?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:52 PM
The fire service says they will work with police to investigate the fire at We The Curious in Bristol.
--------------------
South Asian diaspora recall gnawing loneliness in post-war Britain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60988410?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:23 PM
How the first South Asians who moved to Britain coped far away from their homeland.
--------------------
'I don't want rising bills to mean kids miss out'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60985492?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:21 PM
Taxes and bills are rising, so how do small businesses - already hit by Covid - think they'll cope?
--------------------
Imran Khan: What led to charismatic Pakistan PM's downfall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61047736?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 8:38 PM
A national hero from his cricketing days, Mr Khan has now fallen out with the powerful military.
--------------------
Manningtree: The tiny town that dreams of saving the planet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-60664322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:21 PM
The smallest town in England hopes to inspire others by banning plastics and protecting its river.
--------------------
French election: A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60799845?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 5, 2022, 7:18 PM
Voters in France will go to the polls on 10 April to elect a new president.
--------------------
Why is steroid use rising among male bodybuilders?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-60765050?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 8:16 AM
More bodybuilders are taking drugs knowing the damage they can do to their bodies, an academic says.
--------------------
Netflix: Where are the Indians Bridgerton dreamed up really from?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61022232?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:40 PM
The Netflix hit's season two throws in several Indian tropes but fails at being authentic.
--------------------
Norwich City 2-0 Burnley: Pierre Lees-Melou and Teemu Pukki keep Canaries' hope alive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60970969?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 3:26 PM
Bottom club Norwich City keep alive their slim hopes of avoiding a return to the Championship with a crucial win over fellow strugglers Burnley at Carrow Road.
--------------------
Brentford 2-0 West Ham United: Hosts deliver huge blow to Hammers' top-four hopes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60970968?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 3:13 PM
Brentford deliver a huge blow to West Ham's top-four hopes as victory moves the Bees further clear of the relegation places.
--------------------
Masters: Scottie Scheffler and Cameron Smith shine in Masters day three best shots
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/61054433?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 12:09 AM
Leaderboard heavyweights Scottie Scheffler, Cameron Smith and Charl Schwartzel all feature in the best shots of day three at the 2022 Masters at Augusta.
--------------------
Leicester City 2-1 Crystal Palace: Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall stars in hard-earned win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60970974?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 3:21 PM
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall scores his first Premier League goal as Leicester City do enough to beat Crystal Palace.
--------------------
Women's Six Nations: Scotland 8-28 France - visitors keep pace with England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61040581?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 1:51 PM
Unbeaten France keep pace with England at the Women's Six Nations summit by dispatching battling Scotland with a bonus-point win.
--------------------
UK elections 2022: A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60304595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2022, 12:03 AM
Local elections in England, Wales and Scotland, and a general election in Northern Ireland, will happen on 5 May.
--------------------
Election 2022: Is there an election in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60695244?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 4:23 PM
National elections in Northern Ireland and local elections in the rest of the UK happen on 5 May 2022.
May 2022 UK elections: How to vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60902072?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 4, 2022, 2:35 AM
Voters are choosing councillors in England, Scotland and Wales, and a government in Northern Ireland.

Click here to read the complete article