From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News - World
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32:12 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:32 UTC

UK PM travels to Kyiv for Zelensky talks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61052643?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:21 PM
The prime minister's visit was a "show of solidarity" with the Ukrainian people, Downing Street says.
--------------------
Inside Chernobyl: We stole Russian fuel to prevent catastrophe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61048256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:48 AM
Staff at the former nuclear plant tell the BBC they were forced to negotiate when Russian forces took over.
--------------------
Imran Khan: Pakistan PM on brink as confidence vote looms
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61047585?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 12:00 PM
Pakistan's prime minister warns that if he is ousted, he won't recognise an opposition government.
--------------------
France election: Voters prepare to cast ballot in presidential poll
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61051217?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 2:17 PM
Campaigning has ended ahead of the first round of voting which takes place on Sunday.
--------------------
Ukraine mother: I saw my daughter killed, then was held captive in basement
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 5:02 AM
Viktoria describes how her daughter and husband were killed in front of her while escaping Russian forces.
--------------------
Katty Kay: The most exciting thing about becoming Swiss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61033126?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:21 PM
My new passport means I can vote for the first time in years - it's never been as important as now.
--------------------
Biting 'unruly passengers' hit with largest-ever US fines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61047164?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:15 PM
Two women are facing steep fines for allegedly biting crew members and passengers on domestic flights.
--------------------
Malaysia: Boy, 14, believed dead after diving trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61049323?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:44 PM
His British father and a French woman are rescued by authorities after two-and-a-half day ordeal.
--------------------
First black woman on US Supreme Court: 'We've made it'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61047565?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:01 PM
Newly confirmed US Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson on her remarkable journey.
--------------------
Will Smith banned from Oscars for 10 years over slap
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61018821?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 7:20 PM
The Academy voted on Friday to sanction Smith after he slapped Chris Rock at the awards show.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The school that helped fleeing musicians find safety
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:01 PM
A group of young musicians from Kharkiv and Odesa have found new homes in Denmark.
--------------------
Ukraine, the UN and history's greatest broken promise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61021862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:47 AM
If the past is anything to go by, the world will struggle to unite for Ukraine - says Fergal Keane.
--------------------
'Mariupol is a graveyard': Evacuees recount terror of Russian assault
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61035565?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 5:29 PM
Survivors from the besieged city say they wondered at times if the rest of Ukraine had fallen.
--------------------
Kenyan climber joins first all-black team attempting Mount Everest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61035711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:41 PM
Kenya's James Kagambi is the oldest in a group out to inspire black people to take up mountaineering.
--------------------
The Cambodian activists risking their freedom for the environment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60343129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:46 PM
Activists from the Cambodian environmental group Mother Nature are increasingly being targeted.
--------------------
Netflix: Where are the Indians Bridgerton dreamed up really from?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61022232?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:40 PM
The Netflix hit's season two throws in several Indian tropes but fails at being authentic.
--------------------
Why France's daily baguette is costing so much dough
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61015290?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 9:26 PM
Every part of the cost of the daily staple is rising - flour, electricity, gas and wages.
--------------------
Meat ban: India isn't vegetarian but who'll tell the right-wing?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61020025?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 12:41 AM
The country's varied and complex cuisine celebrates meat just as much as vegetables.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Watch BBC interview with Ukrainian PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61049896?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:35 AM
In a BBC exclusive, Denys Shmyhal accuses Russia of committing genocide in Ukraine.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Inside Chernobyl after the Russian occupation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61049656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 9:05 AM
The nuclear power plant in northern Ukraine was taken over by Russian forces on the first day of the invasion.
--------------------
Zelensky: 'We are defending the right to live'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61047567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:19 PM
In a CBS interview, Ukraine's President Zelensky speaks about the war and what he saw in Bucha.
--------------------
Ukraine crisis: Burnt-out cars and debris at Kramatorsk station
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61041438?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 2:48 PM
Burnt-out cars and abandoned belongings at Kramatorsk railway station in eastern Ukraine.
Sri Lanka fuel crisis: Only God can help us now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61028654?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 10:12 AM
Millions are having to endure daily power cuts and queue for hours to get basics like cooking gas and diesel.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site