From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Tiny food
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:22:07 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:22 UTC

Was lazy today and ordered groceries delivered. I'm usually only half lazy and have them shopped and I go pick them up :)

Anyway, I ordered two celery root and they are each about the size of a small plum, the smallest I have ever seen.

I guess I'll be going at the weekend to get either a few more, or one of reasonable size.

Also, it seems my 5 pound bag of carrots comes in a smaller bag that says 2 pounds on it :(

I don't know which location they deliver from, but Instacart is not my friend. I'll be back to picking up from my regular location from now on.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Tiny food

<uukgvp$3vmrv$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=372&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#372

From: gmke...@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: Tiny food
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 23:11:48 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 21:11 UTC

On 2/8/2024 11:22 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
> Was lazy today and ordered groceries delivered. I'm usually only half
> lazy and have them shopped and I go pick them up :)
>
> Anyway, I ordered two celery root and they are each about the size of a
> small plum, the smallest I have ever seen.
>
> I guess I'll be going at the weekend to get either a few more, or one of
> reasonable size.
>
> Also, it seems my 5 pound bag of carrots comes in a smaller bag that
> says 2 pounds on it :(
>
> I don't know which location they deliver from, but Instacart is not my
> friend. I'll be back to picking up from my regular location from now on.

where are you located actually?

Re: Tiny food

<a6cd6c79aac27e5dba79e80723b55a6e$1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=373&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#373

From: retro...@novabbs.org (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:19:30 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:19 UTC

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 23:11:48 +0200, Kyonshi wrote:

> On 2/8/2024 11:22 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
>> Was lazy today and ordered groceries delivered. I'm usually only half
>> lazy and have them shopped and I go pick them up :)
>>
>> Anyway, I ordered two celery root and they are each about the size of a
>> small plum, the smallest I have ever seen.
>>
>> I guess I'll be going at the weekend to get either a few more, or one of
>> reasonable size.
>>
>> Also, it seems my 5 pound bag of carrots comes in a smaller bag that
>> says 2 pounds on it :(
>>
>> I don't know which location they deliver from, but Instacart is not my
>> friend. I'll be back to picking up from my regular location from now on.
>>

> where are you located actually?

I'm in Phoenix, AZ USA

Re: Tiny food

<uus40q$9dm7$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=374&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#374

From: gmke...@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 20:10:57 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:10 UTC

On 4/4/2024 12:19 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 23:11:48 +0200, Kyonshi wrote:
>
>> On 2/8/2024 11:22 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
>>> Was lazy today and ordered groceries delivered. I'm usually only half
>>> lazy and have them shopped and I go pick them up :)
>>>
>>> Anyway, I ordered two celery root and they are each about the size of a
>>> small plum, the smallest I have ever seen.
>>>
>>> I guess I'll be going at the weekend to get either a few more, or one of
>>> reasonable size.
>>>
>>> Also, it seems my 5 pound bag of carrots comes in a smaller bag that
>>> says 2 pounds on it :(
>>>
>>> I don't know which location they deliver from, but Instacart is not my
>>> friend. I'll be back to picking up from my regular location from now on.
>>>

>> where are you located actually?
>
> I'm in Phoenix, AZ USA

ah... for some reason I only connect that with desert, breaking bad, and
for some reason bbses

Re: Tiny food

<0a40c1a96fee3b14a230bf4752c077c1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=375&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#375

From: Anonym...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:34:13 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:34 UTC

There are some companies that you can pick things from the truck. Swan was one of them... limited fresh food. Whole Foods is probably your best bet in the bridge collapse area. If you were in Florida, Publix got their act together. I do have some friends close by to your place and ask for local info but they are in the 1% bracket over 500k a year.

Re: Tiny food

<778a7d4347cdc327d31b5d8669c0268f@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=376&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#376

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 00:55:56 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 00:55 UTC

Kyonshi wrote:

> On 4/4/2024 12:19 AM, Retro Guy wrote:

>>> where are you located actually?
>>
>> I'm in Phoenix, AZ USA

> ah... for some reason I only connect that with desert, breaking bad, and
> for some reason bbses

That's somewhat accurate lol :)

Phoenix is actually a reasonably large city (1.6 million for the city, 4.8 million metro area)

--
Retro Guy

Re: Tiny food

<7ec9e2aa671dda23ab5a9e8bdcc3334e@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=377&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#377

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 00:58:19 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 00:58 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> There are some companies that you can pick things from the truck. Swan was one of them... limited fresh food. Whole Foods is probably your best bet in the bridge collapse area. If you were in Florida, Publix got their act together. I do have some friends close by to your place and ask for local info but they are in the 1% bracket over 500k a year.

I'm actually very happy with Sprouts, it's just that some stores (Sprouts, Fry's (Kroger), etc.) use Instacart for delivery, and Instacart sucks.

I'm back to just placing my order with Sprouts, and going to pick it up. The selection is good, the people working there are smart and friendly, so it's all good.

Plus, I can make a nice almond bread when I get home :)

--
Retro Guy