Subject: DarkMX --> WinMX via Anonymous Onion Network
From: DarkMX
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 07:03 UTC
From: dar...@m.x (DarkMX)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 02:03:22 -0500
If you liked WinMX, a sharing app used by millions you will love DarkMX.

Copypasta -->

DarkMX is a new decentralized communication app that utilizes Tor hidden services to allow you to easily have an anonymous, reliable, and censorship-resistant presence on the internet.

You can chat.
You can share files.
You can search other people's files.
You can keep a contact list and send private messages to your friends.
You can create your own custom .onion site, available to anyone with a Tor Browser.

Incoming ports or UPNP mappings are not needed.
Firewall exceptions are not needed.
No .NET or Java dependencies.
Linux and Windows builds.
Stand-alone operation.

This app was created by Kevin Hearn, the same developer who brought you Tixati, Fopnu, Super Simple Server, and WinMX.

https://darkmx.app/

Subject: Re: DarkMX --> WinMX via Anonymous Onion Network
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:23 UTC
From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:23:24 +0000
View all headers
Hiya, thanks for posting this.

I downloaded the deb package and installed on a vm, here comes a quick feedback:

-the app depends on gtk2.0, current version 4.0, methinks this should be fixed
-however, the installation also finished with the current version of gtk
-the gui is nice imo, easy handling
-connection to an external tor instance did not work out of the box, maybe I did something wrong
-at the moment I don't trust the app enough to let it handle the tor connections itself

All in all, it seems to me like a nicer version of torchat, I will play more with that in the future.