From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 18:02:13 -0500
logging-data="18990"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 23:02 UTC

I need to get as much information as possible on all the
features and automation for doing cancel locks, NoCem, spam control, and
cleanfeed in RSLight.

Whatever message IDs, scripts, documents are available please point me
to them.

I want my node to have cancel lock headers and NoCem capability properly baked in.

I want to know how to send out a NoCem message to mark a post as spam or illegal content.

I need to know how to automate running cleanfeed with RSLight.

I need to know exactly how to manually delete a message from my server
so that:

- it will not re-acquire the deleted message on future sync jobs
- it will remove it from the web interface
- it will keep a hash record in case someone re-posts it

I also need to figure out how to get my posting host set properly so
that when peers add host injection info headers they use the domain
sybershock.com instead of the DNS parent domain at nightbult.net.

My setup is using tradspool folders.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed

<086055cc4223268ec7e1c3a7a4880325@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=292&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#292

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:46:35 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:46 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> I need to get as much information as possible on all the
> features and automation for doing cancel locks, NoCem, spam control, and
> cleanfeed in RSLight.

> Whatever message IDs, scripts, documents are available please point me
> to them.

> I want my node to have cancel lock headers and NoCem capability properly baked in.

As of this time, cancel is not supported in rslight. NoCeM is used in it's place.

> I want to know how to send out a NoCem message to mark a post as spam or illegal content.

I will send to you my script for producing NoCeM messages. I really wrote it only for
my own use, but I will clean it up a bit and get a copy to you. We can use 'mail' on
news.novabbs.org if you wish as it's more private than email. Or, email is fine with
me if you are comfortable with that.

> I need to know how to automate running cleanfeed with RSLight.

I only use cleanfeed with my inn2 servers. rslight does not link with cleanfeed, but
I believe it is something that can be added at some point. I personally use spamassassin.
I have a local.cf I can provide, or I can allow your ip address to use my spamassassin
if you wish. rslight has spamassassin support, but needs 'spamc' to work. spamc can
use a remote spamassassin server.

> I need to know exactly how to manually delete a message from my server
> so that:

> - it will not re-acquire the deleted message on future sync jobs
> - it will remove it from the web interface
> - it will keep a hash record in case someone re-posts it

I have planned to log message-ids so as to not load them again, but as of this time
I have not written that code. My plan is a simple script for admin to delete one
message manually (like 'ctlinnd cancel messageid' in inn2).

This can be done atm with NoCeM.

> I also need to figure out how to get my posting host set properly so
> that when peers add host injection info headers they use the domain
> sybershock.com instead of the DNS parent domain at nightbult.net.

Injection-Info is only set by my inn2 servers, not by rslight. rslight does not
create this header. Since rslight is a 'reader' client, inn2 would strip this
header anyway and write it's own.

> My setup is using tradspool folders.

I'm surprised tradspool is working ok. I try to maintain support for tradspool, but
really write for sqlite3. At some point, tradspool will be deprecated.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed

<99d1eff5f0669d1467824400949092b2$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=296&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#296

From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 19:55:29 -0500
logging-data="7585"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 00:55 UTC

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:46:35 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

<snip>

> I will send to you my script for producing NoCeM messages. I really
> wrote it only for my own use, but I will clean it up a bit and get a
> copy to you. We can use 'mail' on news.novabbs.org if you wish as
> it's more private than email. Or, email is fine with me if you are
> comfortable with that.

I'm not really anonymous, just pseudonymous. The spooks know who I am.

I don't like posting my real name on forums even though I am known.
That way employers and woketards can't find my opinion pieces and use it
as an excuse to harass or fire me for viewpoint. If you like annoying
spooks here is my PGP key:

https://sybershock.com/#pgp

This server blocks Tor so here is copypasta:

<snip>
> > My setup is using tradspool folders.
>
> I'm surprised tradspool is working ok. I try to maintain support for
> tradspool, but really write for sqlite3. At some point, tradspool
> will be deprecated.

Such a pity. I am a text file extremist or a plain text Czar. Are
you sticking with sqlite or are you planning on a gnarly DBE?

I suppose I need to run a second peer with the sqlite3 option enabled
for a easier transition.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed

<83b890171e5f5157d742e936e12a1479@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=298&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#298

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 01:38:02 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 01:38 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:46:35 +0000
> retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

>> > My setup is using tradspool folders.
>>
>> I'm surprised tradspool is working ok. I try to maintain support for
>> tradspool, but really write for sqlite3. At some point, tradspool
>> will be deprecated.

> Such a pity. I am a text file extremist or a plain text Czar. Are
> you sticking with sqlite or are you planning on a gnarly DBE?

I plan to stick with sqlite3 as it is easy to work with and reliable.
It also makes finding articles, searching and such much faster than
tradspool. The search function wouldn't even exist without sqlite.

What I may be able to do is keep a populated tradspool (as an option)
when using sqlite3. The tradspool is still written with sqlite option,
just the article is immediately deleted from the spool, as it serves
no purpose to keep it there, just wasting disk space.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed

<8d71b626e9cb118133bcace9ce5edf3d@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=299&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#299

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 01:49:03 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 01:49 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> Syber Shock wrote:

>>> I'm surprised tradspool is working ok. I try to maintain support for
>>> tradspool, but really write for sqlite3. At some point, tradspool
>>> will be deprecated.

>> Such a pity. I am a text file extremist or a plain text Czar. Are
>> you sticking with sqlite or are you planning on a gnarly DBE?

> I plan to stick with sqlite3 as it is easy to work with and reliable.
> It also makes finding articles, searching and such much faster than
> tradspool. The search function wouldn't even exist without sqlite.

> What I may be able to do is keep a populated tradspool (as an option)
> when using sqlite3. The tradspool is still written with sqlite option,
> just the article is immediately deleted from the spool, as it serves
> no purpose to keep it there, just wasting disk space.

One thing to notice is that with tradspool, you don't see 'snippets' of
content in overboard:

Re: RSLight - NoCem - Cancel Lock - Spam - Cleanfeed (thread)

rocksolid.nodes.help

I plan to stick with sqlite3 as it is easy to work with and reliable. It also makes finding articles, searching and such much faster than tradspool. The search function wouldn't even exist without sqlite. What I may be able to do is k

This is handled and saved in sqlite. It won't appear when not using the db.

Also, searching message body is not supported in tradspool setups.

--
Retro Guy