Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:16 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:16:26 +0000
View all headers
Ukraine war: UK households offered £350 a month for hosting refugees
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60724111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:56 PM
There will also be £10,000 per refugee for local authorities, but critics say the plan falls short.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Uni to uniform - Ukraine's new teenage army recruits
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60724560?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2022, 11:57 PM
Young volunteers swap their studies for assault rifles as they prepare to defend Kyiv from Russian forces.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Russian forces accused of abducting second mayor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60725962?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:17 PM
The news comes as Ukraine says Russia is trying to create "pseudo-republics" to break up the country.
--------------------
Irbil attack: Missiles from Iran hit northern Iraqi city, US says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60725959?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 9:38 AM
The missiles damaged buildings near the US consulate in Irbil, but no casualties have been reported.
--------------------
No-one raised security concerns over Lord Lebedev with me, says Michael Gove
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60727297?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:44 PM
Minister says process to become peer is "rigorous" after questions about businessman's appointment.
--------------------
Scotland and Wales bid to be refugee super sponsors
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60722616?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 11:12 AM
The first ministers want Ukrainians to be housed quickly and given help with safeguarding and services.
--------------------
Bafta Awards 2022: Stars prepare to return to in-person ceremony
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60675263?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:54 AM
Australian star Rebel Wilson will host the full-capacity ceremony at London's Royal Albert Hall.
--------------------
Boss accused of defrauding blind workers' pensions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60162686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:27 AM
Blind staff at failed 168-year-old business say they are owed pay, redundancy and furlough money.
--------------------
Ukraine: Ireland's 'priority is humanitarian' as it takes 5,500 refugees
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60727319?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 11:17 AM
'Ireland has never experienced anything on this scale before', says Taoiseach Micheál Martin.
--------------------
Roman Abramovich: Rabbi investigated over Portuguese citizenship
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60724509?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2022, 11:39 PM
Daniel Litvak helped Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich obtain Portuguese citizenship.
--------------------
Naomi Osaka in tears after being heckled mid-game
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60726023?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 8:17 AM
Former world number one Naomi Osaka is brought to tears by a heckler during her 6-0 6-4 defeat by Veronika Kudermetova at Indian Wells.
--------------------
Liverpool schools: The parents tackling admission policies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60712289?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 8:00 AM
Hundreds of Liverpool parents could appeal after their children failed to get into their chosen schools.
--------------------
Russia faces brain drain as thousands flee abroad
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60697763?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 1:41 AM
Many Russians who can afford it have fled to nearby countries since Russia invaded Ukraine.
--------------------
Indian evacuee: The kindness of Ukrainians saved my life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-60650018?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:59 AM
From an airstrike bunker to his mum's relieved hugs, Vishnu tells how he and his dog fled Ukraine to India.
--------------------
Russia sanctions: How the measures have changed daily life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60647543?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 1:34 AM
Prices are rising in Russia and some goods are harder to buy. Here are ways sanctions are affecting daily life.
--------------------
Sunday update: Russia strikes new targets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 10:30 AM
Russian troops have expanded their offensive as they continue attempts to cut off the capital Kyiv.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Pictures of war intensifying in third week
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60720169?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2022, 12:15 PM
Images from Russia's invasion of Ukraine show a conflict turning deadlier nearly three weeks on.
--------------------
Under threat of Russian bombs, Lviv hides away its priceless heritage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60707531?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2022, 12:25 AM
The picturesque western city of Lviv is racing to protect is cultural and religious artefacts.
--------------------
Ukraine: 'Not all Russians support this war'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60710975?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:02 AM
Yevgeny says it is his responsibility as a Russian to help Ukrainians.
--------------------
The Papers: £350 a month refugee plan and plea to help orphans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60724726?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 7:03 AM
The new scheme that will allow people in the UK to host Ukrainian refugees dominates the front pages.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'urban landscape'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-60661075?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:48 AM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
The first sex worker strike: 'We are just women and mothers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-60692009?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 12:00 AM
When 200 French sex workers took refuge in a church, it started a movement
Northumberland farm welcomes five-legged lamb
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-60715158?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2022, 7:25 AM
It is the second time Whitehouse Farm in Northumberland has had a lamb with an extra limb.
Intimate image abuse: His confession protected him
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60693849?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article