Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 12:56 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 12:56:35 +0000
View all headers
'We are not co-operating': Life in occupied Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60670173?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:06 AM
Ukrainian cities are now occupied by Russian troops, and residents are not making them feel welcome.
--------------------
Ukraine: First Lady Olena Zelenska condemns Russian 'mass murder'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60674333?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 9:47 AM
Olena Zelenska issues an impassioned plea to world media, focusing on the plight of Ukraine's children.
--------------------
UK soldier AWOL amid fears he is heading to Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60675671?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:05 PM
The 19-year-old left his Windsor barracks at the weekend, an Army source confirms to the BBC.
--------------------
Ukraine invasion: 'I had to leave my parents in Sumy'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60676224?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 11:02 AM
Civilians flee the besieged Ukrainian city, parts of which have been wiped out.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Visas a shambles, Brits with Ukrainian family say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60673933?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 11:13 AM
Britons with Ukrainian partners criticise the bureaucracy refugees trying to enter the UK are met with.
--------------------
Climber dies as 17 people rescued on Ben Nevis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-60675661?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:43 PM
A 28-year-old man has died and two others were taken to hospital after the incident on Tuesday.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Cost of filling diesel family car hits record £90
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60670120?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:02 PM
Diesel prices see their second largest daily jump in more than two decades as household budgets squeezed.
--------------------
Ukraine ambassador says even his wife faced delay to get visa when he got the job
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60677273?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:46 PM
Vadym Prystaiko calls for a temporary pause of the the UK's "bureaucratic" visa rules for refugees.
--------------------
Ukraine: Russian planes can be detained in UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60671843?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 11:48 AM
One plane at Farnborough Airport is being held to investigate its connection with a Russian oligarch.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Russia soon unable to pay its debts, warns agency
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60672085?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:32 PM
Russia will soon be in a position where it is unable to pay its debts, says Fitch Ratings.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Scots rescue pair tell of Russian gunpoint ordeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60665822?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 6:11 AM
The two men have been moving refugees across the Ukrainian border since driving to eastern Europe.
--------------------
Almost two million pupils regularly missing school
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60659304?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:43 AM
The number of children missing at least half of school is also greater than previously thought.
--------------------
Ukraine war: How reliant is the world on Russia for oil and gas?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/58888451?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 7:57 AM
Russia says it may cut off gas supplies if countries decided to ban Russian oil.
--------------------
War in Ukraine: Troops dig in near Kyiv
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60671329?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:00 AM
Ukrainians are determined to defend their capital city as Russian troops prepare for an assault.
--------------------
Ukraine: Family escapes Kharkiv to Poland to treat daughter's cancer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60667313?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 12:01 AM
After four days on the run, three-year-old Polina and her mother have made it out of Ukraine.
--------------------
Ukraine President Zelensky: From TV star to wartime leader
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60664824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 8:28 PM
The Ukrainian president's journey from comedian with no political experience to convincing war leader.
--------------------
Ukraine: Mother of Russian soldier asks 'Whose door should I knock on to get my child back?'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60604952?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 3:12 PM
Families of Russian soldiers in Ukraine tell the BBC the men had no idea what they were getting into.
--------------------
Ukraine: Are arms shipments from the West making a difference?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60655349?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 10:47 AM
Russian has struggled to gain air supremacy as Ukrainian forces make use of missiles supplied by the West.
--------------------
Clive Myrie: The Ukrainians I met are not about to give up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60653966?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 12:25 PM
The presenter reflects on the indomitable locals he met in Kyiv - convinced they would defeat the Russians.
--------------------
Olivier Awards: Eddie Redmayne's Cabaret leads nominations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60674598?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 9:29 AM
A West End revival of the musical, starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessie Buckley, is up for 11 prizes.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on… The UK’s refugee response
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60668779?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 9:57 PM
Ros Atkins looks at the UK's response to refugees fleeing Ukraine, and its family visa scheme.
--------------------
The Papers: Zelensky channels Churchill and US-UK oil ban
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60671259?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 5:04 AM
The Ukrainian president's address to the Commons and a ban on Russian oil imports dominate the papers.
--------------------
In full: Ukrainian President Zelensky's message to UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60666785?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2022, 6:27 PM
President Zelensky makes an historic address in the House of Commons about the invasion by Russia.
'It's really good luck': Owl poops on sign language interpreter mid-news conference
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60674183?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2022, 8:25 AM
Mike Webb apologised for the interruption, before pausing to take off his jacket and wipe his face.

Click here to read the complete article