Subject: War is starting?
From: Guest
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 14:13 UTC
From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 10:13:09 -0400
View all headers
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/E-mail I'm sure some tech company is getting rich on a goverment attack contract.  My
initial assesment is Microsoft.  Any other educated guesses.  Posted on: def3.i2p

Subject: Re: War is starting?
From: Guest
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 19:12 UTC
From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 15:12:46 -0400
View all headers
This is the best place to spread the news because other networks merge!

You can run your router as ./runplain.sh because most of the attacks are through java.

If you have IceCat as browser you can disable Java and from TPRB addon you can disable
XSS,  webworker etc (use the strictest settings that can run on i2p).

A lot of OSes have been penetrated like Ubuntu and OpenSuse etc...

If you have RetroShare friends list from Postman you can also spread the word from there.
Stay away from the new bote download I was poisoned through that.

I did not expect CryptoStorm.i2p the Iceland VPN to Crap out.  I was just about to make a large purchase...

Posted on: def3.i2p

From: Guest
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 16:02 UTC
From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 12:02:38 -0400
View all headers
Synapsis of the attack!

  The attack started about 3-4 weeks before the release version 0.9.40.  I did not notice anything at the time because
I'm always under attack.
  There was a posting on zzz.i2p about un-identified routers which made me extremely paranoid.  If this was happening,
that ment the update was going to be hijacked.  The update was staggered (manual updates first) which made me think i2p
brass knew it was comming.  Anyway the way the attack did happen was massive.   I set up 3 honeypots Ubuntu, OpenSuse and an older kde Parrot all default instalation +i2p.  On the day of the
takeover Ubuntu and OpenSuse were obliterated and Parrot's i2p was hijacked (an easy clean but I deleted all of them to
make room for... search, ban and distroy).
  Somebody (no names for the time being) went to the trouble of creating thousands of cloud routers and hijacked a lot
of Java routers including their wrapper.  no.i2p was taken down by brutal real world force (cables cut?) and
cryptostorm.i2p was down too...  i2pbote was hijacked and downloads poisoned.  Bote appears OK now.  The attacker tried
to corall routers and forced them into poisonous reseed.

  Once the cry of help was posted on other encrypted networks (Thanks Def!) it was game over for the attackers.  Whithin
3 hours I had 6 routers (4 C and 2 Java) at over 1 Mb speed (ram based, no firewalls, bare bones).  That did not happen
in over 3 years...

  Thanks to all that help i2p.  I will include some other networks in my systems within 2-3 weeks... RetroShare, gnu,
etc... will see how that screentime adds up.
Posted on: def3.i2p