From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: GUIX and Other crap
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:49:17 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:49 UTC

GUIX started to screw with their kernel about 2 years ago. One of the tests I perform to see if the software is acceptable is to create independent installs. The first one creates a package that can be used by all linux kernel systems and the second is for Debian installs.

guix pack -S --relocatable /opt/gnu/bin=bin tor (this is tor server)
guix pack -f deb -C xz -S tor

In the first case: The package will extract corupted and in the second case will not install or create.

Some other affected software:
Onion Share (shout out to Mik/Meek former i2p developer)

Ungoogled Chromium (useful for i2p ./chromium --incognito --no-sandbox --proxy-server="http://127.0.0.1:4444" yeah you have some fingerprint to worry about but it is not the end of the world if you use other browsers too)

Some of these ungoogle-chromium work but most don't!
https://ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

When I thought about reporting this crap I was very hot and ready to call savoir-linux (the main developer) names like: PD enqule, enbroileur, etc. My French is rusty so I gave up.

--
Posted on RetroBBS