Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:21 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:21:16 +0000
View all headers
Storm Eunice: Millions across UK told to stay home as severe winds hit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60426382?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 11:13 AM
Hundreds of schools are closed, travel networks are disrupted and thousands are left without power.
--------------------
Covid: NHS bosses call for free tests and isolation to remain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60421538?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 8:55 AM
Senior NHS staff say they disagree with the prime minister's planned changes to English Covid rules.
--------------------
Actions of Valieva's coach are chilling, says IOC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/60417450?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 11:00 AM
It was "chilling" the way a distraught Kamila Valieva was treated by her coach and raises concerns for the future, says IOC president Thomas Bach.
--------------------
Call to keep testing free and Covid passes scrapped in Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60425055?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 7:43 AM
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Friday morning.
--------------------
'My child is in pain - but I'm helpless'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60417283?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 1:21 AM
How children are becoming the forgotten victims of pandemic after disruption to care and support.
--------------------
Hamilton 'attacking again' as Mercedes launch new car
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60431001?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 10:18 AM
Lewis Hamilton admits he spent time this winter considering his future as Mercedes launched their new car for the 2022 F1 season.
--------------------
Ava White death: Boy, 14, denies murdering schoolgirl
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60431402?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 11:11 AM
Ava White, 12, was stabbed to death at a Christmas lights switch-on event in Liverpool city centre.
--------------------
Greek ferry: Hundreds evacuated from Olympia blaze off Corfu
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60428292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 10:07 AM
Greek and Italian boats rush to rescue 290 people from a ferry but not everyone is accounted for.
--------------------
Hybrid working is here to stay, say managers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60421056?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 8:25 AM
The pandemic has made hybrid working the new norm for some firms, a survey suggests.
--------------------
Storm Eunice reaches the UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-60428222?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 10:59 AM
The UK's second storm in a week is making landfall, with gusts of up to 90mph forecast.
--------------------
The women at the forefront of Sudan’s protests
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60421428?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 12:02 AM
Sita el-Nufur, who was killed during anti-military demonstrations, has become an icon for protesters.
--------------------
Quiz of the week: Which songs were used as a weapon?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60394107?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 5:24 PM
How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on during the past seven days?
--------------------
The Papers: UK on red alert for 'storm of the century'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60425697?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 6:10 AM
Most of Friday's front pages focus on the arrival of Storm Eunice after a rare red warning was issued.
--------------------
Australia: The Aboriginal hairdressers delighting remote towns
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60412651?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 10:15 PM
Growing up, Kyle Bambra never had access to a hairdresser - now he's determined to teach others.
--------------------
Africa's week in pictures: 11-17 February 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-60414123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 12:21 AM
A selection of the best photos from across the Africa and beyond this week.
--------------------
Storm Eunice: A guide to preparing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60422273?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 6:42 AM
Practical ways you can prepare for Storm Eunice.
--------------------
Tom Daley completes 4-day homecoming challenge for Comic Relief
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-60424835?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 9:38 PM
The Olympic gold-medallist rowed, swam, cycled and ran from London to Plymouth for charity.
--------------------
Rylee Foster: Liverpool goalkeeper on 'miracle' recovery after car accident
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60382594?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 6:13 PM
Liverpool goalkeeper Rylee Foster says she has experienced "dark" moments in her recovery from a car accident in October but has been given hope of a return to football.
--------------------
Nottinghamshire father delivers own child for second time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-60409233?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 2:21 PM
Funeral director Dominic delivered his daughter Alice in a campervan at the side of a road.
--------------------
Covid: What's life like for unvaccinated people in the UK?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60316361?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2022, 12:02 AM
There are around five million people in the UK who still haven't had a Covid jab.
--------------------
SmartWater: The forensic spray helping keep women safe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60414452?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 12:55 AM
Police forces in England are trialling SmartWater as one of their domestic violence tools.
--------------------
Storm Eunice: How do I claim for damage?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60414922?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 12:03 AM
With red weather warnings issued, how can homeowners claim for the damage left behind?
--------------------
Tamera: 'Having synaesthesia means I see colours when I hear music'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-60388021?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 8:36 AM
The rare neurological condition synaesthesia is helping singer/songwriter Tamera make music.
'I love talking to people about where the food comes from'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60290233?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 18, 2022, 12:12 AM
Farmer Deborah Daymond explains what it's really like working at the crack of dawn daily for 20 years.

Click here to read the complete article