From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Rich Man's Values
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 05:44:40 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 05:44 UTC

When I started Burger-Flip University, I choose to live in a dorm. My room mate was a kid from a super rich family. All I cared was that the dude kept clean and gave me no attitude. In talking to him it was revealed that he went to exotic places. He also had expensive wear and some expensive toys but no car. He was borrowing his girl-friend's car, some second hand sedan, from time to time. At this age everybody had cars some for a few years so I asked: "How come no car?". "My parents want me to get a job and buy a car or go to a car mechanic 3 month training course." Because I sensed pain in his voice I resisted my normal: "Are you a foster child?" snub and said "In a weired way it makes sense."

Before the Christmas brake he was bobbling with excitement. "My father just got delivered a Cobra by Shelby car kit and will hire a mechanic to help me put it together. I'll finally have a car."

After the Christmas brake he shows up with a second hand Beamer (BMW). The car was nicer than mine or his girlfriend's, but it was no Cobra.

"Nice car I said, but what happen with the Cobra."

"My father kept that one for himself."

I started to laugh hysterically with tears in my eyes. When I finally could talk I utter: "I bet you worked hard assembling the Cobra".

"Yes, I did".

For reference only! Others sold Cobra kit cars replicas at that time.
https://cobra-authority.com/shelby-cobra-a-buyers-guide-to-originals-kits-replicas-tributes-continuation-cars/

--
Posted on RetroBBS