From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Dude you are getting a Doode!
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 00:30:21 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 00:30 UTC

The word "doode" means bad quality. I just wanted to clarify for the last decade US graduates, ESL, Ebonics... in two words you are called the International Market.

In Dell computers BIOS screen there is a setting for "wake up for time sync". This used to be done with an HP atomic radio sync module. Only the Germans make it now. Dell top of the line machines were my second choice when my trusted suppliers were not available. One of my standards was clock drift of less than 0.1 seconds per week. Yes Dell top of the line met that standard.

Recently I had the unfortunate experience to examine their top of the line machines. Clock drifts of 1 second per day or more were very common.

All Dell needs now is a marketing campaign with some guy in a raging flamboyant color outfit: "Dude you are getting a Doode!"

I wonder if Dove met my standards!

--
Posted on RetroBBS