From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Is the US on the brink to civil war ?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:55:29+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:55 UTC
Attachments: "edit_AP_201558051146" (image/jpeg)

At least it seems to me like it:

“He’s going to fucking kill you!” a bystander screamed before four gunshots pierced the air. Several of the bullets hit protester Scott Williams in the torso. With Williams bleeding in the street, the New Mexico Civil Guard members formed a protective circle around Baca, their weapons ready. When law enforcement arrived, officers created a second ring around the militia, according to a video provided by another witness. After detaining the shooter and several militia members, officers fired tear gas and flash-bang grenades at the distraught crowd."

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/19/militia-vigilantes-police-brutality-protests/

What's going on ? Somebody from the US care to comment ?

--
Posted on def4

Attachments:
Re: Is the US on the brink to civil war ?

<rcjj7e$54k$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=178&group=rocksolid.shared.news#178

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: Is the US on the brink to civil war ?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:58:58 -0400
 by: Guest - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:58 UTC

There are always going to be "score" and account settlements. For civil war you need big figures, supply lines etc... The worst it can get is more like Yugoslavia.

I was in Alabama after Katrina (Hurricane) and the first thing the Feds sent were SWAT teams with brand new shiny new weapons and brainwashed "contractors". These guys kill everything that moves. Somebody made money with the contract etc...

Somewhat lucky was that that the governor of Louisiana told them any Fed contractor would be shot on site as soon as they crossed the state line. I stayed in the same hotel with these scums for about 2 weeks.

So shit happens all the time it just depends on the scale...
Posted on def3

Re: Is the US on the brink to civil war ?

<17affc535efb004390ad3d2580175b97@def4>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=180&group=rocksolid.shared.news#180

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:50:54+0000
 by: anon - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:50 UTC

>For civil war you need big figures, supply lines etc...

Yes, that sounds right, and (I hope) this is not in place.

>The worst it can get is more like Yugoslavia.

I would say this was worse than a civil war, here there were stated actors on both sides.

The reason I came up with the question was the fact that in the article that was quoted the police and military sided with the aggressor rather than with the victim, so they chose their course of action on account of the "sides" in this conflict, and not on account of the law.
A coalition between Lea, military and rightwing militias sound like a terrible thing to me. Not that it is new in any way...

--
Posted on def4

Re: Is the US on the brink to civil war ?

<rd04sf$glf$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=181&group=rocksolid.shared.news#181

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:13:55 -0400
 by: Guest - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:13 UTC

Soldiers wear uniforms so they do not kill each other. Canada was born when 2 different US armies invaded and killed each other because of fog.

Eventually is going to be by looks, accent etc...

In the South (of the US) during the Civil War if you ordered in a restaurant "Eggs and grits" you got hanged as a spy. The correct way was "Grits and eggs". This is not a joke!
Posted on def3