From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 19:42:16 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 19:42 UTC

Nepal mourns victims of worst air disaster in decades
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-64284366?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 5:48 PM
At least 68 people died when a Yeti airlines flight crashed on its approach to the tourist town Pokhara.
--------------------
Euston shooting: Car appeal after six injured at London church
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64281091?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 3:08 PM
A seven-year-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries in the shooting and five others were hurt.
--------------------
Starmer: '16 is too young to change legal gender'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-64281548?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 4:16 PM
The UK Labour leader voices "concerns" about the Scottish government's reforms to the process.
--------------------
UK set for cold snap after weekend of floods
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64281258?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 4:10 PM
A yellow weather warning for ice is issued for parts of the UK, with snow and frost in coming days.
--------------------
Uranium: Man arrested over find at Heathrow airport
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64283105?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 7:15 PM
A man in his 60s, held on suspicion of terror offences over the incident, has been released on bail.
--------------------
British woman dies in avalanche in French Alps
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64283100?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 4:16 PM
The woman was hiking with two other people on Mont Blanc's Argentière Glacier, say French police.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Chances of more survivors from Dnipro strike minimal - mayor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64282044?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 6:32 PM
At least 29 people died after an apartment block in the Ukrainian city was struck by a Russian missile.
--------------------
Hook landslip: London-Basingstoke rail passengers face major disruption
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-64283381?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 5:40 PM
The landslip in Hampshire has severely damaged the track between London Waterloo and Basingstoke.
--------------------
Rotherham: Biker seriously injured at 100-vehicle car meet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64281498?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 10:26 AM
A man is held on suspicion of dangerous driving after a crash at what police believe was a "car meet".
--------------------
PC Nick Dumphreys: Faulty police car decision too late, widow says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64283859?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 5:55 PM
Kathryn Dumphreys says if cars with a known fault had been withdrawn, her husband would not have died.
--------------------
Tottenham Hotspur 0 Arsenal 2: Hugo Lloris own goal and Martin Odegaard strike sends Gunners eight clear
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64201166?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 6:49 PM
Arsenal extend their lead at the top of the Premier League to eight points with an outstanding performance and win in the north London derby at Tottenham.
--------------------
Walker rescued after being swept over Moffat waterfall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-64284079?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 6:18 PM
The man suffered multiple injuries following the incident at Grey Mare's Tail waterfall, near Moffat.
--------------------
Boy thrown from Tate Modern platform making progress, family say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64281115?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 5:24 PM
A boy who was thrown from a viewing platform has made "considerable progress", his family say.
--------------------
Cost of living: The father and son who write poetry for tough times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-64237224?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:22 AM
Winston "Mayor" Lindsay and his son, Zayden, perform poetry about socio-economic issues.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'We had to bath our kids in the kitchen sink'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64213649?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 11, 2023, 3:03 AM
A rural family who ran out of heating oil say they were forced to wash their children in the kitchen.
--------------------
Repairing broken gadgets for a greener future
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-63737951?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 10, 2023, 2:48 AM
A group of volunteers in Camden, London, want to save your broken electricals from the scrapheap.
--------------------
What is the energy price cap and what will happen to bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 9, 2023, 7:52 PM
The energy bill support package will continue after April, but will be less generous.
--------------------
The Suffolk manor house where 60 people live together
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-64153693?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 9, 2023, 6:20 AM
Members of a farming community who live in an old friary feel protected from the cost-of-living crisis.
--------------------
Mortgage rate pain: 'Our home buying plans were shot down'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64179502?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 6, 2023, 10:20 PM
Higher rates mean that some people are putting off buying a home or renewing mortgages.
--------------------
Can batch cooking help cut your shopping bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-64162405?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 8, 2023, 9:23 AM
Suzanne Mulholland's time saving tips have gathered her a significant following on social media.
--------------------
Energy bills: What cost-of-living payments are available and how do you claim?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 10, 2023, 11:19 AM
Low-income households, pensioners and some disabled people can get extra help with energy bills.
--------------------
UK inflation rate calculator: How much are prices rising for you?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62558817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2022, 7:18 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much the cost of living is going up in your household.
--------------------
Shower at home vs at the gym: What’s cheaper?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63988095?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2023, 11:03 PM
We investigate if getting a gym membership could actually save you money in the shower.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2023, 3:23 PM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
Warm winter may lower energy bills later this year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64162811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 4, 2023, 2:07 PM
Forecasts suggest bills for households may drop later in the year, although a rise in April remains certain.
--------------------
BBC Food's family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_family_meal_plan_for_four#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~~P_budget_meal_plannerFP%5D
October 18, 2022, 11:42 AM
This budget-friendly meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Pancreatic cancer: What losing my wife taught me about life and loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64223194?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 7:08 AM
Four months ago, Geraint John lost his wife - the mother of his three children - to cancer.
--------------------
The man who first discovered plastic in the ocean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-64250382?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:24 AM
In 1971 Edward Carpenter discovered plastic floating about in the Atlantic Ocean.
--------------------
I saw life and death on my first day in the job
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64247936?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 6:05 AM
A student paramedic attended a home birth and a death within the first 24 hours of his placement.
--------------------
Biodiversity: Fungi are 'underloved and understudied'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64251382?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:39 AM
One scientist on why we should all pay more attention to the hidden world beneath our feet.
--------------------
Jesus baptism site makeover aims to draw a million Christians in 2030
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64255250?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:14 AM
As pilgrims mark Epiphany, Jordan plans an ambitious project to upgrade place of Jesus's baptism.
--------------------
Brexit: Can better UK-EU relations lead to NI Protocol deal?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64268451?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 6:49 AM
UK-EU relations appear to be improving but big gaps remain in the Northern Ireland Protocol row.
--------------------
CEO Secrets: Boxing boss reveals his punishing routine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64225024?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:27 AM
Ben Amanna, founder and CEO of Boxraw, which sells kit and clothing for boxing, shares his business advice.
--------------------
VR headset prices high as Apple bides its time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64237620?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:08 AM
New devices from Meta and HTC cost more than £1,000, but all eyes are on rumoured Apple glasses.
--------------------
The Nigerian AI artist reimagining a stylish old age
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-64260739?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:47 AM
Malik Afegbua's images of elderly models have blown up on Instagram, but they are not what they seem.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg: Is Keir Starmer a prime minister in waiting?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64253184?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 14, 2023, 6:45 PM
Labour are ahead in the polls, but leader Keir Starmer has his work cut out, writes Laura Kuenssberg.
--------------------
Why Michigan is trying to shut down Canada's Enbridge Line 5 pipeline
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63879493?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 1:14 AM
An ageing pipeline is at the centre of a heated debate about environmental and energy concerns.
--------------------
How drones could be the future of Indian farming
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64248510?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 2:50 AM
Companies in India are encouraging farmers to switch to drones - but is that working?
--------------------
Brit Awards 2023: Why are no women nominated for best artist?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64264069?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 14, 2023, 12:02 AM
There has been a backlash after no female artists were nominated for the gender-neutral music prize.
--------------------
Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen: Kemar Roofe sends Ibrox side into final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64213763?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 5:49 PM
Kemar Roofe's first goal of the season sent Rangers into the Viaplay Cup final to face Celtic as Aberdeen were overcome in extra time.
MOTD analysis: 'It's a shocking decision' - Micah Richards on Bruno Fernandes goal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64278956?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2023, 12:00 AM
Match of the Day pundits Micah Richards and Ian Wright analyse Bruno Fernandes' controversial goal for Manchester United against Manchester City.

Click here to read the complete article