From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:31:01 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:31 UTC

Covid: Care home restrictions to be eased in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60151596?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 9:09 AM
From Monday, there will be no limit on visits to care homes and self-isolation periods will be cut.
--------------------
Covid: Face mask rules and Covid passes end in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60147766?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 2:25 AM
The legal measures are dropped but some shoppers and commuters will still be asked to wear face coverings.
--------------------
Prince Andrew denies close friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell in US court files
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60149024?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 4:28 AM
In US court files, the prince, who denies assault claims, also asks for a jury trial in his accuser's lawsuit.
--------------------
Ukraine crisis: US rejects Russian demand to bar Ukraine from Nato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60145159?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 11:48 PM
The US offers no concessions to Russian demands on resolving the Ukraine crisis.
--------------------
Covid: Care home rules to ease and end of masks and Covid passes in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60146745?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 7:43 AM
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Thursday morning.
--------------------
Rose Ayling-Ellis calls for British Sign Language recognition
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60148744?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:01 AM
More than 150,000 people rely on British Sign Language across the UK.
--------------------
Small period changes after Covid jab seen to be short-lived
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60139091?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:44 AM
Studies confirm cycles quickly return to normal, a leading reproductive expert in the UK says.
--------------------
Universal Credit: Jobseekers must widen job search more quickly
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60149016?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 9:20 AM
Those on Universal Credit must look for work outside their chosen field quicker or face sanctions.
--------------------
Downing Street parties: Boris Johnson vows to fight on as MPs await Sue Gray report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60140672?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 9:16 PM
Boris Johnson rejects Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer's calls to quit at a stormy Prime Minister's Questions.
--------------------
'Camp Auschwitz' shirt Capitol rioter pleads guilty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60149957?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:55 AM
Robert Packer, who had other Nazi material at his home, admits a minor trespassing charge..
--------------------
Train firms bet on mindfulness to lure commuters back
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60140862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 9:08 AM
Free hot drinks and other perks are on offer as train bosses try to get passenger numbers back on track.
--------------------
Elon Musk SpaceX rocket on collision course with moon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60148543?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 9:00 PM
Astronomers say that a rocket in space since 2015 is hurtling towards the Moon where it will explode.
--------------------
Holocaust survivor Manfred Goldberg: 'We must never forget'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60148451?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 6:26 AM
Manfred Goldberg is one of seven survivors to have their portrait put on display in Buckingham Palace.
--------------------
The Papers: Prince Andrew demands 'trial by jury'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60149284?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 6:40 AM
Most papers report on a demand by Prince Andrew's lawyers to have a US jury trial in Virginia Giuffre's case.
--------------------
Life under the Taliban: Yalda Hakim's journey back to Afghanistan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60147656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:01 AM
With access to the new Taliban government, Yalda Hakim travels back to Afghanistan to find out what the country is like under their rule.
--------------------
The 100-year-old volunteer with no plans to stop
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60092168?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:01 AM
Meet Beryl, the 100-year-old volunteer who is still making drinks at Ealing Hospital.
--------------------
Pam & Tommy: Lily James 'a triumph' as Pamela Anderson in new series
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60138874?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 5:58 PM
The former Downton Abbey actress transforms into the Baywatch star for new TV drama Pam & Tommy.
--------------------
Pet cat missing for 11 years reunited with owners
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-60142736?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 6:38 AM
Fergus was found in Aberdeen earlier this month after going missing in Moray in 2010.
--------------------
Is this England's earliest report of ball lightning?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/60146274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:56 AM
Earliest known report of rare ball lightning in England discovered by researchers at Durham University
--------------------
Missing girl meets her rescuer again decades later
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60129089?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 6:31 AM
Back in 1968, toddler Kathy Wrethman went missing in Australia but was recovered safely.
--------------------
Covid vaccines: The unvaccinated NHS workers facing the sack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60104140?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:48 AM
NHS staff explain why they have chosen not to have a Covid vaccine as the mandatory deadline looms.
--------------------
My job: What it's like digging graves for a living
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60081457?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:49 AM
Mark Sealey, who has been in his job for more than 40 years, describes what the day-to-day involves.
--------------------
What is the quantum apocalypse and should we be scared?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60144498?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:04 AM
Security experts say a quantum computing leap could crack open all our secrets - so should we worry?
--------------------
Burkina Faso coup: Return of the military strongmen to West Africa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-60138129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 1:05 AM
Burkina Faso is the latest country to experience a coup in a region where democracy had seemed entrenched.
--------------------
How streaming services left us with too much to watch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60125013?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:38 AM
Multiple platforms streaming new TV shows and films risk leaving people overwhelmed by choice.
--------------------
Viral videos, stoicism and stockpiling on Ukraine’s uneasy borders
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60140392?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 11:26 AM
With an estimated 100,000 Russian soldiers now on Ukraine's border, what do Ukrainians make of it all?
--------------------
Forced adoption: 'My baby was taken'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60140139?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 9:05 PM
Mothers like Lisa Rolland, who felt pressured to give up her baby, are being asked to tell their stories.
--------------------
Instagram and Whatsapp stalker's lies 'ruined my life for years'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59211163?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 6:17 AM
Women who were targeted by Matthew Hardy speak about the impact of his avalanche of messages.
--------------------
How Covid disinformation has fuelled attacks on Czech doctors
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60111142?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 25, 2022, 12:15 AM
Knowing how to deal with aggressive patients has become even more important during the pandemic.
--------------------
Australia on top as dropped catches hurt England in Ashes Test
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60149757?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 7:36 AM
Missed chances hurt England as Australia take control of the crucial Ashes Test on day one in Canberra.
--------------------
Powell's brilliant century leads West Indies to T20 win over England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60138666?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:24 AM
Rovman Powell hits a majestic century to lead West Indies to a 20-run victory over England in the third Twenty20 in Barbados.
--------------------
'It is a sleeping giant' - meet the Englishman bidding to end Canada's World Cup misery
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60144426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 6:23 AM
BBC Sport's Simon Stone talks to Canada's English coach John Herdman, who has taken them to the verge of World Cup qualification.
--------------------
Mark Cavendish: The Tour de France comeback for 'cycling's greatest sprinter'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/60083311?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 12:04 AM
Mark Cavendish's enthralling comeback at last summer's Tour de France brought him level with a cycling legend. Will he be back this year?
--------------------
Alun Wyn Jones: Six Nations hope for Ospreys and Wales lock
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60147405?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 5:59 PM
Wales and Ospreys say injured lock Alun Wyn Jones could be back before the Six Nations finishes.
--------------------
What are the Covid rules in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 8:15 AM
Covid rules are being eased across all four nations of the UK.
--------------------
What are the latest rules for face coverings and masks?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 8:18 AM
Masks are no longer compulsory in England, but are still recommended in some settings.
--------------------
What Covid tests do I still need to travel abroad?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52544307?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 12:00 PM
Fully vaccinated people travelling to the UK soon won't need to take Covid tests on or before arrival.
--------------------
What are the Covid rules in schools and will they stay open this term?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51643556?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 10:29 AM
Schools have reopened across the UK with a variety of Covid restrictions in place.
--------------------
Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 4:55 PM
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
--------------------
Should I be working from home now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52567567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 25, 2022, 3:15 PM
Scotland will follow England's example and lift its working from home guidance.
--------------------
Covid passports: Where do I still need to use one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 27, 2022, 8:27 AM
Mandatory Covid passports have been scrapped in England and for some venues in Northern Ireland.
--------------------
Covid: What are the social distancing rules?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 25, 2022, 3:27 PM
Scotland and Wales are relaxing some of their restrictions around gatherings and mixing with others.
--------------------
'I grew up in care alone - why did no-one tell me I had siblings?'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60075421?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 26, 2022, 12:14 AM
Ashley John-Baptiste grew up in care, unaware he had siblings. His new documentary is called Split Up in Care: Life Without Siblings.
--------------------
Beijing 2022 vs 2008: Two Olympics and two very different Chinas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-60078516?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 24, 2022, 12:32 AM
In 2022, the mood, the host government's attitude, and global expectations are all very different to 2008.
--------------------
‘His voice became my constant companion’ – how Dan Johnson kept his dad’s memory alive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60084596?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 22, 2022, 10:05 PM
Dan Johnson's project capturing his father's voice made him consider the importance of preserving memories.
--------------------
‘Hi, thanks for calling. Are you OK? How far away are you?’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-60055916?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 22, 2022, 12:56 AM
A telephone helpline launched in Edinburgh is keeping people company when they walk home alone.
Finding love as a trans woman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60086567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 23, 2022, 12:57 AM
Trans woman Daniella McDonald had bad experiences dating men until she met Josh - but thinks attitudes are slowly changing.

Click here to read the complete article