Subject: Write what you know
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 01:33 UTC
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 01:33:33 +0000
From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
View all headers
I'm sure a lot of us have noticed this in movies. Seen on Twitter

You know how movies have those pivotal points where some wise person gives a speech to the hero that changes their life, but the speech is just vapid, ankle-deep drivel? This is because scriptwriters can only write what they know and Hollywood is full of vapid, ankle-deep people.
--
Posted on novaBBS

Subject: Re: Write what you know
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 06:45 UTC
From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 06:45:09 +0000
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure a lot of us have noticed this in movies. Seen on Twitter

You know how movies have those pivotal points where some wise person gives a speech to the hero that changes their life, but the speech is just vapid, ankle-deep drivel? This is because scriptwriters can only write what they know and Hollywood is full of vapid, ankle-deep people.

I overheard the tele yesterday and assumed two people were standing at a microphone reading a script. It sounded kind of like an old radio show. Then I saw the screen and it was a show. The acting was terrible. I don't know what show it was, I kept walking.