From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Secure hosting
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 22:16:52 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 28 Jul 2020 22:16 UTC

Greetings yall.

I have a question concerning hosting: I would like to host an onion site on a vps server somewhere. The site is not exactly illegal in my jurisdiction, but it is controversial, and I would like to has as few links as possible to it, once it is set up and running.
So my question is, how do I go about this ? Is there a hosting service that can be paid with bitcoin, or something else which covers my identity ? What is the best country to look for ?

Thanks,

anon
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
retrobbs2.i2p

Re: Secure hosting

<d25d14411dcd3a9a874235e5a3c803f8$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=134&group=rocksolid.shared.security#134

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Re: Secure hosting
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 00:31:33 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 00:31 UTC

AnonUser wrote:

> Greetings yall.

> I have a question concerning hosting: I would like to host an onion site on a vps server somewhere. The site is not exactly illegal in my jurisdiction, but it is controversial, and I would like to has as few links as possible to it, once it is set up and running.
> So my question is, how do I go about this ? Is there a hosting service that can be paid with bitcoin, or something else which covers my identity ? What is the best country to look for ?

For a tor hidden service maybe the best is to self host it. tor is slow so it won't really seem slow to a user that it's not on a hosting server somewhere. Even the internet hosting services that accept bitcoin still want to verify your identity to avoid misuse that makes them look bad.

I'm sure there are hosts in tor that will do it for bitcoin but not sure I'd really trust most of them.

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Secure hosting

<db7b0e1dea3401b00e0f8f3b10b31020$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=135&group=rocksolid.shared.security#135

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:59:30 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:59 UTC

Thanks for your answer. It is not so much the speed of the connection I am concerned about, but more the availability of the service. Selfhosting means the service will have downtime (when your internet connection is not up or rerachable for some reason), and over time this downtime can be correlated to other things (like the downtime of your internet connection, for example, or some dos attack taking down part of the internet, or whatever). So, after some time your internet connection can be singled out, and wham, they got you.
Also when the shit hits the fan, I prefer to not have the data on some hd in my home or office (as I said, it is not illegal, but it is controversial).
I was thinking about using one of these providers:

http://spore64i5sofqlfz5gq2ju4msgzojjwifls7rok2cti624zyq3fcelad.onion/
http://imprezawcjntsdf2.onion
https://cockbox.org
https://xitheon.com/
https://facelesscloud.com/
http://ezuwnhj5j6mtk4xr.onion
http://kowloon5aibdbege.onion
https://vsys.host

They all either don't require personal information, or seem to let you go away with putting false info. Clearly trust is difficult under the circumtances, but I guess I will just take my chances here.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

accountless hosting

<opsec.715.dcwuw@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=141&group=rocksolid.shared.security#141

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: accountless hosting
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 15:24:14 -0700
logging-data="32612"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 5 Aug 2020 22:24 UTC

>>a95ebc84e1d14e79f0
i am very impressed with http://spore64i5sofqlfz5gq2ju4msgzojjwifls7rok2cti624zyq3fcelad.onion/news/ and https://facelesscloud.com/
No account, no email, no bullshit. You just load some bitcoin to an address and get going (this is how it reads, i have not actually tried either).
The downside is that you have to trust the client software that you need to set this up.

--
Posted on def2

no problem

<opsec.717.28ioyj@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=143&group=rocksolid.shared.security#143

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: no problem
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 13:18:17 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 7 Aug 2020 20:18 UTC

>The downside is that you have to trust the client software that you need to set this up.

Just run it from a torified vm.

--
Posted on def2

(not op)

<opsec.718.34r9ei@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=144&group=rocksolid.shared.security#144

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: (not op)
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:40:42 -0700
logging-data="16992"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 8 Aug 2020 21:40 UTC

>>a95ebc84e1d14e79f0
>https://cockbox.org
+1, they have good setup-

--