From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Subject: rslight 0.6.3 available for download
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:55:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:55 UTC

rslight 0.6.3 is now available.

This update has quite a few changes, and should really be handled as a new
install. While it is easier to configure than before, configuration
settings have moved to one larger file, allowing for easier upgrading, but
is a major change.

If you already have a userbase, it's not hard to copy over and create
encryption keys. Just let me know and I can walk you through it and
provide a simple script to bring all user accounts up to date.

New features/changes:

Configuration settings moved to one location.

Server side encryption for messages between users of the same rslight
site. Groups that allow encryption can be configured.

Check posts with spamassassin with a simple toggle in the settings. (a
highly modified local.cf is a must for this to be useful)

Change authentication when connecting to a Synchronet server with a simple
toggle. This also changes a few other things specific to Synchronet.

Overboard has been added. This requires a news spool, which can be
emulated with the supplied 'spoolnews' script if you wish to use the
overboard.

Lots of code cleanup. There is plenty more to clean up and work on, but
hopefully this release is reasonably reade.

Download at Rocksolid Light by clicking on 'getrslight' in the upper right.
http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/getrslight
http://rslight.i2p/getrslight
http://news.novabbs.com/getrslight

Retro Guy
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<e55a2460ef5c215980354c89d57dfecf$1@def2.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=136&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#136

From: anonym...@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Subject: Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:03:24 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="21313"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def2.org"
 by: anonymous - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:03 UTC

I finally took the time to install the new version, plus the css files
from rslight (on this node under ./rs2/).
Handles well, but I still need to tweak some stuff (design and basic
setup). Could you remind me in which file the login for the news server
was stored in the older versions (or the variable name) ? I seem to have
trouble to find them ... :-)

cheers

trw

Posted on def2

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<e282d0a0339d5b724979773b069945a7$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=137&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#137

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-pe3-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:49:28 +0000
To: anonymous
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:49 UTC

To: anonymous
anonymous wrote:

> I finally took the time to install the new version, plus the css files
> from rslight (on this node under ./rs2/).
> Handles well, but I still need to tweak some stuff (design and basic
> setup). Could you remind me in which file the login for the news server
> was stored in the older versions (or the variable name) ? I seem to have
> trouble to find them ... :-)

Great, I'll take a look.

The login info was previously in config.inc.php in the rocksolid/
directory. As
of 0.6.3, that file includes /etc/rslight/rocksolid.inc.php, which should
now
contain that info.

Also, when 0.6.4 is released, it doesn't change any directories, so should
be
an easy upgrade.

Retro Guy
--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<e747a00ed8cde459260031a682e955b4$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=138&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#138

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-nzg-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:02:26 +0000
To: Retro Guy
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:02 UTC

To: Retro Guy
Also, it seems your inn2 newsgroups file does not contain descriptions for
the
rocksolid groups. In that case, rslight can display them from the groups
file.

If you use the following for the groups file, descriptions should be
displayed
in the groups list (after it's cache runs out or you deleted
spool/groups.dat

Here it is:

:Rocksolid newsgroups...
rocksolid.nodes Discuss specific Rocksolid nodes.
rocksolid.nodes.help Questions and Help for node administration.
rocksolid.nodes.announce Rocksolid node announcements.
rocksolid.shared.encryption Public keys, encrypted messages etc.
rocksolid.shared.entertainment Entertainment discussion and articles.
rocksolid.shared.freenet Discussion and questions about Freenet.
rocksolid.shared.general General discussion, questions or requests.
rocksolid.shared.hacking What do you want to hack today.
rocksolid.shared.helpdesk Tech questions and maybe even answers.
rocksolid.shared.i2p Discussion and questions about I2P.
rocksolid.shared.linux Questions, comments and discussion of Linux.
rocksolid.shared.news In the News.
rocksolid.shared.offtopic If it doesn't fit, this is the place.
rocksolid.programming Programming related discussion.
rocksolid.shared.rocksolid Discuss the rocksolid network.
rocksolid.shared.security Tips, hints and articles about security.
rocksolid.social General non tech chat.
rocksolid.shared.test The place to test.
rocksolid.shared.tor Discussion and questions about Tor.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<1f531f187cfbbe8e382293a9ba4d89e1$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=139&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#139

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-x4l-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:12:51 +0000
To: Retro Guy
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:12 UTC

To: Retro Guy
The overboard in 0.6.4 is much improved. It isn't working well on def2/rs2

If you keep it there, and don't move it yet to /rslight, I'll get an
upgrade
tarball ready for 0.6.4 for you, which you can just copy over 0.6.3

The config stuff won't change so it's just copy it over and run. Hopefully
that
will look better, and the colors in style.css are right at the top, making
it
pretty easy to change the colors again (one line for each color, no need
to dig
through the file).

I'll try to get this done in the next 8 hours or so.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<e8769e1705b748001262cdfd1606b6dc$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=140&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#140

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ai6-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:05:17 +0000
To: Retro Guy
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:05 UTC

To: Retro Guy
Ok, rslight-0.6.4 is now available at rslight.i2p/getrslight

The config files in /etc/rslight should be the same as 0.6.3, so hopefully
no
reason to modify them.

The only css now is style.css in 'common'. rslight.css is no longer used.

I just installed 0.6.4 on a test site, and it seems to work find out of the
box, so hopefully you can just overwrite 0.6.3 in def2.i2p/rs2 and it
should
then be 0.6.4. Of course you need to rename the *.dist files accordingly.

Colors should all be at the top of style.css. It might take a couple of
tries
to figure out which color is which, but should be easy after that.

Hopefully this will bring def2 up to date to the latest. Of course I'll
start
on 0.6.5 now, there will always be a newer version.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download

<315bff907a5a7fc136f44bf0ca802f72$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=141&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#141

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:52:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:52 UTC

Also, I sent you (trw) a script a couple of weeks ago via admin that will
create encryption keys for all existing users. New user keys are created
when
accounts are created, this is just for the already existing user base.

It's a simple process, but must be done when upgrading a user base from a
pre
0.6.3 install.

If your inn2 install is using chkpop, just symlink /var/www/chkpop/users
and
/etc/rslight/users. Then both inn and rslight can use the same userbase.
If you
see 'chkpop' in /etc/news/readers.conf then it is using chkpop.

userconfig/ must be in /etc/rslight.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light