Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 08:35 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 08:35:53 +0000
View all headers
Novak Djokovic: Tennis star to be deported after losing Australia visa appeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60014059?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 8:26 AM
Judges reject the tennis star's last-ditch bid to stay and defend his Australian Open title.
--------------------
Prince Harry in legal fight to pay for UK police protection
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60012238?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 11:14 PM
The Duke of Sussex wants to be able to pay for a team of officers when he visits with his family.
--------------------
Tsunami threat over after huge Pacific volcano eruption - monitor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60012337?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 4:50 AM
While further tsunamis may be unlikely, there are mounting fears over how badly Tonga has been hit.
--------------------
Nino Cerruti: Italian fashion great dies aged 91
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60011771?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 8:51 PM
The celebrated designer and businessman once said: "I have always dressed the same person, myself."
--------------------
Covid: Cases at lowest level in a month and unvaccinated Djokovic loses his appeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60012836?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 8:19 AM
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Sunday.
--------------------
Covid-19: Booster jab bookings open for ages 16 to 17 in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60011877?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 12:22 AM
Teenagers in England who had their second dose three months ago can book from Monday, the NHS says.
--------------------
Lead or step aside, senior Tory Tobias Ellwood tells Boris Johnson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60005134?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 11:57 PM
Tobias Ellwood says "we need leadership" as MPs are inundated with messages about Downing Street parties.
--------------------
Yorkshire heart attack patient urged to take lift to York hospital
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-59996581?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 7:08 AM
Graham Reagan says the ambulance service urged him to get a lift to hospital or face a long wait.
--------------------
Crocodile found under Rhondda school floor on display
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60009983?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 7:50 AM
The head teacher thought the story of the 120-year-old skeleton was a myth - until it turned up.
--------------------
Langwith Junction: Murder probe after woman, 88, found in house
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60012979?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 2:18 AM
An 88-year-old man with life-threatening injures was also found at a house in Derbyshire.
--------------------
Jovenel Moïse murder: Ex-senator arrested in Jamaica
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-60010159?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 7:06 PM
John Joel Joseph has been arrested in Jamaica in connection with the death of Jovenel Moïse.
--------------------
The Papers: PM 'prepares mass clearout' to 'dodge' blame
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60012620?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 5:23 AM
Fallout from the Downing Street parties during Covid restrictions continue to dominates the front pages.
--------------------
Blind woodturner: 'I don't want my eyesight back'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-59969009?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 12:06 AM
Chris Fisher taught himself woodturning by listening to about 600 hours of YouTube videos.
--------------------
The inventor inspired by a near-death experience
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-59995066?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 12:04 AM
He nearly died after being given fake medicines. Now, his invention can spot them.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'view from a window'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-59970774?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 12:35 AM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 8 - 14 January 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-59995396?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 2:09 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken this week.
--------------------
Covid: 'We're so proud of how Bertie bounced back'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59952726?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 12:03 AM
A five-year-old boy with autism is now thriving at school, despite the impact of lockdown.
--------------------
Kazakhstan: Who sparked deadly violence?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59999612?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 12:01 AM
Authorities are blaming "armed extremists" for the clashes, in which dozens are thought to have been killed.
--------------------
Rutland sea dragon: How remarkable ichthyosaur fossil was protected
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59969089?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 12:38 AM
The inside story on how the UK's largest, most complete ichthyosaur fossil was saved for the nation.
--------------------
Why are gas prices so high and what is happening to fuel bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 12, 2022, 3:58 PM
Businesses and householders face a rise in energy bills, and many energy suppliers have gone bust.
--------------------
Prince Andrew: Ruthless royals move to limit the damage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59916864?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 12:33 AM
The Royal Family has tried to distance itself from the allegations facing Prince Andrew.
--------------------
Aberfan: Permanent home for disaster artefacts sought
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59669044?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 16, 2022, 7:02 AM
There are fears items like the clock recovered from the disaster will be lost once their keepers die.
Australian Open 2022 preview: Emma Raducanu & Andy Murray play amid Novak Djokovic row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59909644?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
January 15, 2022, 2:02 PM
Emma Raducanu and Andy Murray lead the British interest before the start of an Australian Open still clouded by the Novak Djokovic controversy.
Kenyan vigilantes taking on avocado gangs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59989656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article