From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Subject: Re: def3.i2p css updates
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 17:16:05 -0500
 by: trw - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 22:16 UTC

welcome to the forums, dr|z3d. and thanks for your contributions so far. you are banging them out in fact faster than I can proofread them (think i will just generate patch files in the future for that).
i have to disappoint you regarding your hopes for secret content: there is no such thing on these forums. everything is world readable, which is the only thing that makes sense considering that we use news servers to federate this content. newsgroups are very good to spread content, but not good at all to restrict the access.
you can pm individuals on this node if you wish a private exchange, or (better) you can post encrypted messages in the appropriate newsgroup. novabbs, retrobbs and rslight have also the option to send encrypted messages to other users of the services.
but on the whole, this service federation is much more about sharing and spreading content than for secret stuff.

cheers

trw
Posted on def3

Re: def3.i2p css updates

<qqshpd$bfd$1@i2pn2.org>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=123&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#123

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 17:32:14 -0500
 by: Guest - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 22:32 UTC

it is applied now, nice one.
Posted on def3

Re: def3.i2p css updates

<qqslei$fom$1@i2pn2.org>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=124&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#124

From: z3d...@i2pmail.org (dr|z3d)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 18:34:42 -0500
 by: dr|z3d - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:34 UTC

trw wrote on Sun, 17 November 2019 17:15
> i have to disappoint you regarding your hopes for secret content: there is no such thing on these forums. everything is world readable, which is the only thing that makes sense considering that we use news servers to federate this content. newsgroups are very good to spread content, but not good at all to restrict the access.

Thanks trw, and I'm happy you're enjoying the new look and updates. Things should be fairly stable now, subject to anything that's not working properly with the new css, so please point out anything that appears broken or sub-optimal and I'll aim to fix it. There are some progressive enhancements I've got lined up; I'll submit those in time when I've had a good look around the site to ensure that it's working as expected from the design/layout pov.

To clarify, I wasn't referring to secret content, rather aspects of the site layout that may not be visible to the Guest Account, for example the tree view for forum posts *chuckle*.

Best Regards,
--
dr|z3d

Posted on def3

Re: def3.i2p css updates

<488afecf1359b3ee89127dcccdeb28bd$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=125&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#125

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:44:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:44 UTC

I will let you know when I have figured out the thing with tree view. ff
can be a complex beast at times. In the more original layouts there are
buttons to switch between flat and tree view, and they are not there in
the current layout. I believe my account is just stuck on tree and I
cannot switch it back right now. There are some other buttons missing as
well, I will make a list.

cheers

trw
--