From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News - World
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:46:28 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:46 UTC

Liz Cheney: Trump arch-enemy ousted in Wyoming election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62569056?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 9:07 AM
The three-term congresswoman is trounced by a relative political newcomer and Trump-backed candidate.
--------------------
Alaska primary: Sarah Palin seeks comeback backed by Trump
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62568995?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 8:16 AM
She largely left the spotlight before the 2016 election of Donald Trump, who has become her key ally.
--------------------
Biden signs climate, tax and health bill into law
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62568772?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 1:25 AM
The president hails the $700bn (£579bn) act as the "final piece" of his domestic agenda.
--------------------
Israel and Germany condemn Palestinian leader's '50 Holocausts' claim
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-62574095?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 10:17 AM
Israeli and German leaders express outrage after Mahmoud Abbas accuses Israel of "50 Holocausts".
--------------------
Cuba bids for foreign investment to tackle goods shortages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-62572149?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 4:04 AM
Growing shortages of basic goods have led the government to end Fidel Castro's 63-year-old legacy.
--------------------
Moderator onstage with Salman Rushdie speaks out after attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62571734?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 12:38 AM
Henry Reese, who was moderator at the event where the author was stabbed, speaks to the BBC.
--------------------
Tasmanian tiger: Scientists hope to revive marsupial from extinction
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-62568427?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 11:52 PM
Experts behind the project claim the technology for "de-extinction" already exists, but others are sceptical.
--------------------
Turkey-Greece migrants: 38 people found stranded on tiny, unnamed island
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62561578?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 2:59 PM
The group - including a pregnant woman and seven children - have been stuck since mid-July.
--------------------
Kenya election 2022: Raila Odinga rejects William Ruto's victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-62559899?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 2:36 PM
Raila Odinga, who came second in the presidential election, says the process was a travesty.
--------------------
German driver who killed five in Trier sentenced to life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62569026?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 5:36 PM
A nine-week old baby was among those killed in the attack, which police described as deliberate.
--------------------
Lebanese man who held bank staff hostage to access savings released
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-62568330?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 7:15 PM
Many Lebanese praised Bassam Hussein after he took hostages in an attempt to access his savings.
--------------------
Elon Musk sends social media into frenzy with Twitter joke about buying Man Utd
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62573069?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 7:47 AM
Elon Musk, the world's richest man, sends social media into a frenzy with a joke on Twitter that he is buying Manchester United.
--------------------
Afghan contractors: 'I wish I'd never worked for the UK government'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62549605?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 5:33 AM
Afghan contractors left behind when the Taliban seized power tell the BBC they feel betrayed.
--------------------
Kenya election 2022: Raila Odinga likely to go to court, as others celebrate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-62562031?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 12:17 AM
Kenya held one of its most nail-biting, and controversial, elections since one-party rule ended.
--------------------
From Kabul and beyond, a year of Taliban rule in Afghanistan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62535300?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2022, 8:36 AM
Lyse Doucet reports from Afghanistan on what the Taliban's takeover has meant for its people.
--------------------
Forty metres above the forest, searching for smoke
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62539386?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2022, 8:44 AM
A network of forest watchtowers in the first line of defence against wildfires in southern France.
--------------------
Mangrove forests: How 40 million Australian trees died of thirst
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-62489574?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 14, 2022, 9:03 PM
The mass loss of trees in 2015 provides important lessons for the future, scientists say.
--------------------
The tech aiming to prevent lost airline luggage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62446937?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2022, 9:23 AM
With millions of bags and suitcases going missing this summer, technology may offer the solution.
--------------------
Whales surprise two paddleboarders in Argentina
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-62573715?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 17, 2022, 6:57 AM
One paddleboarder was knocked into the water by a whale's fin, which clipped his board.
--------------------
'Every day we live our lives in fear' under Taliban rule
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62569680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 5:09 PM
A lack of freedom and human rights are affecting Afghan women’s mental health, an activist says.
--------------------
Liz Cheney: Trump’s nemesis faces Republican day of reckoning
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62413111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2022, 3:19 AM
Wyoming Republicans decide on Tuesday if Liz Cheney is a defender of the constitution or a "swamp rat".
--------------------
Norway bridge collapse: Drivers of two vehicles rescued
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62556563?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2022, 5:45 PM
The drivers of two vehicles have been rescued after a bridge collapsed in the south of Norway.
Egypt church fire: 'We saved who we could', says survivor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-62544805?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2022, 1:38 AM
Dozens of people have died, including children, after a fire at a Coptic church in Giza.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light