Subject: Re: beta image
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56 UTC
From: retro....@88:1/101.remove-5d6-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56:37 +0000
To: All
View all headers
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:50:00 GMT
Retro Guy wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53:41 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

to validate quickly, you can do:

The file passes sha3sum where I download it, but not where I move it.

Apparently the comp I want to run the vm on has some file system
corruption. Working that out now. I'm sure the problem is on my end.

Maybe not. It doesn't matter what machine I save to, it is always
corrupt when arriving at this destination network.

Trying rsync now. I do have a good copy (passes sha3sum), but it's not
"here".

--- Mystic BBS/NNTP v1.12 A41 2018/12/27 (Linux/64)
 * Origin: NovaBBS - novabbs.org (88:1/101)

From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:21 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-qt3-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 05:21:03 -0700
To: Retro Guy
  To: Retro Guy
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56:37 +0000
"Retro Guy" <retro.guy@88:1/101> wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:50:00 GMT
Retro Guy wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53:41 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

to validate quickly, you can do:

The file passes sha3sum where I download it, but not where I move
it.

Apparently the comp I want to run the vm on has some file system
corruption. Working that out now. I'm sure the problem is on my end.

Maybe not. It doesn't matter what machine I save to, it is always
corrupt when arriving at this destination network.

Trying rsync now. I do have a good copy (passes sha3sum), but it's not
"here".

What ever issue I have, I'm not sure, but I finally gave up and mounted
the virtual disk in another vm to look at it. I haven't actually tested
the vm but I'm sure it's fine. But this way I can see the config files,
and the layout of the partitions, etc.

Looks good to me.

From: trw
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:08 UTC
From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:08:52+0000

What ever issue I have, I'm not sure, but I finally gave up and mounted the virtual disk in another vm to look at it. I haven't actually tested the vm but I'm sure it's fine. But this way I can see the config files, and the layout of the partitions, etc. Looks good to me.

well if you cannot get it to run, somebody else will probably have the same problems as you (or not, depending on the exact root cause). in any event i would like understand what is happening. i understand from your previous posts that the sha3sum was changing when you copied the ova file from one of your computers to another one. if that is the case, it would explain why you cannot simply import and run the vm. it sounds strange though that this would happen only for this file, but on different machines.

let's go to admin for the rest of the discussion.