From: h4ck4fr3...@rslight.i2p (h4ck4fr33d0m)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: X-Ufhash NNTP header query
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:40:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: h4ck4fr33d0m - Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:40 UTC

Hi, all
I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to get meaningfull info

is there some kind of way to decode ?
any ideas ?

thank's in advance

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
bchz4vggexx63qvy.onion

Re: X-Ufhash NNTP header query

<71b0198a900224c5ec7ac6249b2e9f89$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=100&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#100

From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ht6-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: Re: X-Ufhash NNTP header query
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:39:57 +0000
To: h4ck4fr33d0m
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:39 UTC

To: h4ck4fr33d0m
h4ck4fr33d0m wrote:

> Hi, all
> I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to get meaningfull info

You posted this about a month ago in another group, I guess you never found an answer. Maybe you should find the code in a newsreader/server that generates the string to see how it's built. Then maybe you can go from there.

I wouldn't really expect to be able to extract any info from it, if the info was meant to be available the string wouldn't be encrypted.

--
Posted on RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

Re: X-Ufhash NNTP header query

<r0anou$23if$1@neodome.net>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=101&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#101

From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 00:01:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Neodome Admin - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 00:01 UTC

AnonUser <anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ht6-this> wrote:
> To: h4ck4fr33d0m
> h4ck4fr33d0m wrote:
>

>> Hi, all
>> I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to
>> query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to
>> get meaningfull info
>
> You posted this about a month ago in another group, I guess you never
> found an answer. Maybe you should find the code in a newsreader/server
> that generates the string to see how it's built. Then maybe you can go from there.

This header is inserted by Usenet.farm (Usenet provider from Netherlands.)

> I wouldn't really expect to be able to extract any info from it, if the
> info was meant to be available the string wouldn't be encrypted.

I don’t think it’s encrypted. Most likely it’s hash or salted hash, so
there is no way to get any information out of it even if you know algorithm
and password, if any was used to generate it.

--
Neodome

Re: X-Ufhash NNTP header query

<b85f3a2c9d3aaf78cfd12f7e374e3bc3$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=102&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#102

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 08:19:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 08:19 UTC

Neodome Admin wrote:

> AnonUser <anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ht6-this> wrote:
>> To: h4ck4fr33d0m
>> h4ck4fr33d0m wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, all
>>> I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to
>>> query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to
>>> get meaningfull info
>>
>> You posted this about a month ago in another group, I guess you never
>> found an answer. Maybe you should find the code in a newsreader/server
>> that generates the string to see how it's built. Then maybe you can go from there.

> This header is inserted by Usenet.farm (Usenet provider from Netherlands.)

>> I wouldn't really expect to be able to extract any info from it, if the
>> info was meant to be available the string wouldn't be encrypted.

> I don’t think it’s encrypted. Most likely it’s hash or salted hash, so
> there is no way to get any information out of it even if you know algorithm
> and password, if any was used to generate it.

That's how I generate the string for 'X-Rslight-Site' header. There's no info to get out of the string, it's just a generated hash from a key specific to one site, then that same site can check if the post is from itself without relying on other header values (used for local site post encryption).

I really doubt the X-Ufhash header has any retrievable info in the string.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com