From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: How to make dark web chat room with no scripts?
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 16:30:58 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Sun, 8 Nov 2020 16:30 UTC

Hey. I’m a person that wishes to make a dynamic chat room on the dark web. I’d like to make a chat room that’s something like Talk to John Doe (http://tetatl6umgbmtv27.onion/U1m1l/), /THEEND/ (http://theendgtso35ir6ngdtyhgtjhhbbprmkzl74gt5nyeu3ocr34sfa67yd.onion/), Daniel’s Chat, or basically any chat room with design and color. It’d be even better if people could register and log in as members. However, I have no coding experience whatsoever and I’m attempting to make this chat room from tutorials online. I have found no tutorials that could direct me into making a chat room with no scripts on the dark web. The chat room that I’m currently working on uses php scripts and phpmyadmin in order for people to communicate. The tutorial that I used to make this chat room with php scripts is https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-H2kOdwemI. I also configured this website on the dark web by by editing the torcc file with HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service and HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80, restarting tor and Apache, and catting out /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/hostname. The tutorials that I used to configure this are https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJ1tgJaRlI# and https
://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/tor-onion-service.html.en#three. I’m using a Debian Linux operating system and I also put the files for my website in the /var/www/html directory (and ONLY that directory). I really want to make a chat room on the dark web with adequate design that doesn’t require any scripts in order for users to communicate. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to perform this feat. I don’t know how to code a chat room with no scripts or possibly configure the website so that the website doesn’t have to include any scripts. I’m honestly lost. A chat room with no scripts is something that I really, really want to make, but I don’t know how to make one. Could someone please direct me or instruct me on how to do this? Is there any way I can code a chat room with no scripts or is there anything in particular that I could configure to do this? Are there any tutorials or places that I could go to? Maybe someone could possibly... teach or tutor me? Maybe there’s someone you know that could help? If you don’t know how to make a scriptless chat room, then perhaps a forum with no scripts? I’m also fine with making a forum, as well. If making a chat room with
no scripts isn’t possible, then I can also make a scriptless forum that’s a lot like GreySec (http://ytxmrc3pcbv5464e.onion/) or CryptBB (http://cryptbb2gezhohku.onion/). This project of mine is something that is very important to me and I’d be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Does anyone know?
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

Re: How to make dark web chat room with no scripts?

<d96f0b208a99f71a1b4cc89a4aa79cd0@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=243&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#243

From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: Re: How to make dark web chat room with no scripts?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 04:36:29 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 04:36 UTC

I dont think chat rooms without JS is possible. Maybe make a forum like this one? (RockSolid is not bloated by scripts)

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: How to make dark web chat room with no scripts?

<tmq3gn$es99$2@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=248&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#248

From: g...@k.invalid (G.K.)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 07:13:23 -0600
 by: G.K. - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 13:13 UTC

On 3/9/22 22:36, Anonymous wrote:
> I dont think chat rooms without JS is possible. Maybe make a forum like
> this one? (RockSolid is not bloated by scripts)

I feel the need to bump this because I once had to fish around for this
information a long, long time ago.

Sure it is possible to do a chat without JS. Just use the HTML <meta
refresh> tag in a iframe set to refresh the iframe every few seconds.
The part where the local client types a message into a chat should be in
a form in a separate iframe. When new lines are sent to the server they
get parsed by the server and go into a roll-off file that is fed back to
each client iframe every N seconds. The meta refresh does this for you
without javascript.

Go to Mozilla or w3schools or geeksforgeeks and do a search for HTML
meta refresh tag and iframe tag. You'll get all the information you
need. Problem solved.

In fact JavaScript is not needed for web browsers, except by bad design
choices of the browser and protocol maintainers. HTML could easily feed
form elements to a server the same way AJAX does. They just choose not
to make it so because the industry wants JavaScript to captivate the end
user and ensure tracking and advertising power over the user. But you
can hack it as if by using iframes.

--

G.K.