From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Answer to Qubes OS i2p deployment http://zzz.i2p/topics/3302-qubes-os
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 11:36:38 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 3 May 2022 11:36 UTC

Answer to Qubes OS i2p deployment http://zzz.i2p/topics/3302-qubes-os

Over the years Qubes OS has become more hostile. I would not be in any rush to move to 4.1 from 4.0 but everybody has different needs.

The main idea is to use software that Qubes OS does not know what you are doing from repo data.
On Qubes Forum you can search for the i2p handle and some tips are given in "My first i2p in Qubes". In 4.0 you can use an INDEPENDENT templet where you install i2p but NEVER EVER START the router. You can start the router in AppVm's that you switch from a regular template like Fedora, Deb, or Whonix to your Independent. You have XVDB home to do your torrents and other gangsta activities.

On 4.1 the Independent templates can't use comms for the time being. It is a bug. You can use the Unman templates or build your own with the Qubes builder. There are other ways but it appears you are new to i2p and Qubes.

It is very important to have some kind of firewall and traffic analysis. Stay away from the Official NATO repos (both Java and i2pd). The QT routers i2pd and i2p+ are your best bets for safety and speed at this point but it does matter who is targeting you. Nothing is bullet proof.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Answer to Qubes OS i2p deployment http://zzz.i2p/topics/3302-qubes-os

<6f40fb8e557c1100c7dda73cc998ace5@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=388&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#388

From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 23:17:35 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 5 May 2022 23:17 UTC

>Over the years Qubes OS has become more hostile.

Do you mean overzealous in terms of security ? If so, I would see that as a feature...but can't really comment on it, since I pretty much just started with it (but I have seen already enough to state that it is highly unlikely that I will ever use another system in the foreseeable future).

> I would not be in any rush to move to 4.1 from 4.0 but everybody has different needs.

4.0 was the first version I used, now I'm on 4.1 and don't regret it. 4.1 handles better imo and also runs more stable (although 4.0 is not bad in that regard either).
4.1 also has this nice feature in the qubes manager I always wanted: turn off the lowest machine layer for the network (so usually sys-net), and all depending machines can be turned off at the same time.

>In 4.0 you can use an INDEPENDENT templet where you install i2p but NEVER EVER START the router.

Do you have a link for that stuff ?

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Answer to Qubes OS i2p deployment http://zzz.i2p/topics/3302-qubes-os

<d99c0781b9adbed609a3ff1715e8a6b7@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=389&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#389

From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:32:09 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 9 May 2022 16:32 UTC

In Dom0 terminal:
qvm-create i2p --class TemplateVM --label purple

You can install your own OS there.

unman's templates:

https://qubes.3isec.org/Templates_4.0/

the keys are here: https://github.com/unman/unman

You can search the forum https://forum.qubes-os.org/

I have not met anybody for 24 years who is familiar with the original design of i2p (not called i2p then):

It appears that "butcher Random" cut "degrees of separations" which warned you that the destination does not use 3 hops. Also the "trust consensus" which had random math performed by the router to make sure it is legit. You were looking for a crystal or molecule type structure of your connections. Fuck I feel sorry now that I did not keep a copy of the software! At the time I had so much better options... really.

It was not as good as proof of work or steak in crypto-credits today. Also the encryption got a lot better.

Tribler is the most advanced math model available today from the encrypted networks. I suggest you pair it with i2p. The users are of course very important. The Japs get caught all the time despite the networks being sound because they ran on Windoz. Some are wiser now and run on bottles/wine.

--
Posted on RetroBBS